Thread: Buzzing noise coming from passenger side after push button install

My Cars
    e36 323is

Buzzing noise coming from passenger side after push button install

Today my tumbler crapped out on me while at school. so instead of buying a tumbler i did the push button start mod. diy found here http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-s...ion-15801.html

After i was done i drove it, everything was fine but upon acceleration i hear a buzzing/whining noise coming from the passenger side. it sounds like its coming from the glove box but i am unsure. i turned off my audio just to see its not coming from the speakers. during the diy the ignition wire was behind the metal plate and as i was screwing it in, it shorted out and the whole wire burned up, changed the wire and everything was fine, i dont believe that could have caused anything.

E36 323is
    Style 44 Rims, Khoalty Angel Eyes, Blacked Out Grills, Muffler Delete with Resonator in Place, HD Front Lip, Custom Eyelids, 2-Tone Interior, Clear Tail Lights, Tein Springs, Gauge Rings W/ Red Needles

My Cars
    e36 323is
    i noticed it only happens around 2500 rpm

E36 323is
    Style 44 Rims, Khoalty Angel Eyes, Blacked Out Grills, Muffler Delete with Resonator in Place, HD Front Lip, Custom Eyelids, 2-Tone Interior, Clear Tail Lights, Tein Springs, Gauge Rings W/ Red Needles

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Did you try removing the glovebox to see if you can locate the source? If you've never had the glovebox out you will be amazed at the stuff jammed in there. Any of those components could be your source.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i
    Do you have a different link to that mod? That one did not work and I'm on my phone, so it's hard to navigate. Thanks!