Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z3 vs E46 M3

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom

Z3 vs E46 M3

Today was fun. I was using the roadster to run some errands and a young kid in a riced out M3 pulls into the gas station next to me with a friend and they are eying my car. I wondered if his was something special or a casualty of the Nopi with the japanese coffee cans in place of the standard quad exhaust and the extremely low suspension. The passenger walks by on the way into the gas station and has a one liner along the lines of my girl car. I smile and say it has a big boy engine just like his. He replies and I ignore him as he procedes to trip over his 10 size too big pants that he has to hold up with one hand as he walks.

About 2 minutes later I see him(hear him first-like a loud raspy bumble bee) coming up behind me to the ramp leading to interstate. He revved the piss out of his engine a couple times and keeps pacing. By now we're at 50mph and I'm still in second... windows down and he yells "lets go!" I haven't stretched her legs in awhile so I bite... I hold 3 fingers and he honks flooring it on the second and jumps a car length on me maybe a little more; now I'm just pissed the little punks cheated. As soon as I floor it I catch him and shift at 8700ish rpm at mid-upper 60ish mph and by the time I am at 85 and 3rd gear I'm 3 car lengths ahead of him. His car was really loud so I know he was still WOT and I let of before 90. As I coast to the speed limit he zooms past. He had the rational thought process of a wall street protester as he slowed down to scream, "see that little girl car is slow." I admit he kind of got to me....

My Cars
    135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebrakel8 View Post
    He had the rational thought process of a wall street protester as he slowed down to scream, "see that little girl car is slow." I admit he kind of got to me....

From what you describe he was probably on his way to the protest.

My Cars
    1991 325i
    alright everyone, we must rescue this m3 and save it from further idiocy caused by its moronic owner.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    So wait ... They slowed Down to say your car is slow after you walked them?

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom
    Quote Originally Posted by E36 HateR View Post
    So wait ... They slowed Down to say your car is slow after you walked them?
    I'm pretty sure the mentality here is that whomever lets off first is the loser. To me there is no point in going into tripple digit speeds when I came from behind and put distance between us so quickly.

My Cars
    67mm 325i, RAM 1500
    No i understand you completely you clearly have a faster car and you walked him despite the jump they had......

Some people are stupid LOL

My Cars
    a dead E28
    once i pull a head a few cars i let off. i generally try not to go over 90. certainly shouldn't have to max out your speedo to show whos got the win.

the last e36 i ran was a nice look'n car i got a thumbs up form the gent after he caught back up. what happened to sportsmanship? good for you by not getting carried away. more power to ya too cuz they both know your supposed girls car fisted them in their you know whats ha ha ha .
    tryn to get back in the game

My Cars
    M62 on steroids yeah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impervious View Post

From what you describe he was probably on his way to the protest.
    Nah, those liberal cry babies down there are like hippie types.

Good kill OP... I'm 2 fer oneing it, no need to make 2 posts. And you Shoulda told him "now go pull your pants up"
    "Secondly, there are plenty of realistic BMW owners in here posting that they lost. I don't see you asking asinine questions in their threads. What about the Ferrari kills Ingenere posts?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTLr...e_gdata_player

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    Nice. Another drug dealer will eventually set his car on fire or the kid will wrap it around a pole. You contained yourself. For that, I give you props, sir. If I start walking someone, after a few cars I let off. Kind of an "I see where this one's going" moment. But, if someone did a flyby and then waited for me, just to tell me my car was slow...which would mean that their's is even slower ...I'd let them have it again and if there was room I'd absolutely dust them. I wouldn't be able to help it some days.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    I think it is fair to mention that you have an 2001 M roady. The title "Z3" made me think 1996 1.9L (nothing against them, just not in the same hp range). Don't undersell yourself!

Story was hard to follow, but I got there in the end. Nice to see us sticking up for the Z3 platform. Glad you let them know how misinformed they were!
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    M62 on steroids yeah!
    Yeah but the thing is, some runs are so close that it may take going into the trips to determine the winner. ESP with Jap & American cars which some are more quick on the lowend, but get walked in the trips. Case and point I went from about a 30 roll vs a magnum RT and we stayed door locked until about 90... same deal with a 300c, neither one of us could pull on the other even well into the trips.
    "Secondly, there are plenty of realistic BMW owners in here posting that they lost. I don't see you asking asinine questions in their threads. What about the Ferrari kills Ingenere posts?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTLr...e_gdata_player

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    It's always bothered me that people people think Z3s are girl cars. I've always had a hard-on for one. Almost bought one instead of my e36 as a matter of fact. Two of my ex-girlfriends used to harp on that every time one caught my eye and my head snapped around to get a better look.
    Last edited by sjpgoalie; 10-18-2011 at 09:37 PM.

My Cars
    1991 325i
    yea, its a girl car if you dont know anything at all about what you drive. screw the people that cant seem to recognize something thats cool, especially when its made by the same company like these two losers.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    hybrid
    I hope you have a good amount of head work on the S54 to spin 8700 rpm. They don't really like turning that speed with stock cams, valve springs and rocker arms, at all.
    Alpha-N ///M - Youtube

My Cars
    03 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph320i View Post
    alright everyone, we must rescue this m3 and save it from further idiocy caused by its moronic owner.
    +1. OP, you need to liberate that M3 from those punks. And please don't consider them to be a good representation of younger M3 drivers; not all of us are mentally challenged like them Good race though. S54 Z3s are awesome and definitely NOT girl cars.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpinTXiX View Post
    And please don't consider them to be a good representation of younger M drivers.

+1 and Corrected.
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom
    Quote Originally Posted by OnUrleft View Post
    I hope you have a good amount of head work on the S54 to spin 8700 rpm. They don't really like turning that speed with stock cams, valve springs and rocker arms, at all.
    CSL Intake and exhaust cams, catless supersprint headers, acs exhaust, gutted stock intake, custom tune Even stock though, the S54 likes to be wound up more than most.

My Cars
    hybrid
    CSL Intake and exhaust cams, catless supersprint headers, acs exhaust, gutted stock intake, custom tune Even stock though, the S54 likes to be wound up more than most.
    Awesome, do you have pictures? I have yet to see a Z3 S54 with a CSL intake but the idea makes me cringe. The chassis is so light and the S54 is so watered down from the factory from emissions. What did it put down?

They sure do, but no S54 engine builder will recommend it.
    Alpha-N ///M - Youtube

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom
    Quote Originally Posted by OnUrleft View Post
    Awesome, do you have pictures? I have yet to see a Z3 S54 with a CSL intake but the idea makes me cringe. The chassis is so light and the S54 is so watered down from the factory from emissions. What did it put down?

They sure do, but no S54 engine builder will recommend it.

Actually... waiting for an Airbox from CA automotive... it'll go on the dyno after that. With a pulley and electric fan should see 400 bhp. There is a guy in the M roadster section from Fl that just finished an airbox in his.

My Cars
    96 Z3 DASC, 07 E92 328i

Actually... waiting for an Airbox from CA automotive... it'll go on the dyno after that. With a pulley and electric fan should see 400 bhp. There is a guy in the M roadster section from Fl that just finished an airbox in his.

Wiggros give guys like me a bad name

One roady to another, nice kill awesome car
    “Speed has never killed anyone.... Suddenly becoming stationary, thats what gets you.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Supercharged

My Cars
    03 530i/5, e30 s52(Sold)
    Good run OP and ya alot of people are just plan up ignorant. I was rushing home driving my dads 740il the other day which triggered two clowns in a beat up, slightly wrecked Mitsubishi mirage to start trying race me in traffic! i easily spead past these guys after there was an opening as expected. We caught up to more traffic and these fools start dangerously cutting lanes(cutting people off at high speeds without signaling) and throw on their hazards as they pass me and slow down like OOOOOkkkkkk. We finally end up on the freeway and they persist to pace me while giving me the thumbs down. By this time i was completely done with these idiots and politely blew them a kiss and continued on my way. People these days.

My Cars
    '92 TRM E36 / '05 325ci
    So you're turning almost 9k rpms on a stock S54 motor with even more advanced cams...? It must sound awesome, but ayyye.

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom
    Quote Originally Posted by sjpgoalie View Post
    So you're turning almost 9k rpms on a stock S54 motor with even more advanced cams...? It must sound awesome, but ayyye.

Yeah more internal work to come this winter once the garage is done this winter although the S54 is a lot more stout than people think. There a lot of dedicated track cars pushing harder for extended periods of time with no problem. It's not just an improved S52. Mine rarely gets revved that high and the whole car is a work in progress. Once I'm done; REALLY hoping to be content with the power since a supercharger would have been cheaper and have more power. The thought process was keeping the car fun to open up and being able to use the power since it is significantly lighter than an E46 with the same engine.
    Last edited by Eyebrakel8; 10-19-2011 at 07:50 AM.

My Cars
    Turbo M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001MCoupe View Post
    I think it is fair to mention that you have an 2001 M roady. The title "Z3" made me think 1996 1.9L (nothing against them, just not in the same hp range). Don't undersell yourself!

Nice to see us sticking up for the Z3 platform. Glad you let them know how misinformed they were!

I thought it was a "standard" Z3 also.

Nice kill and one sick Roadie! You handled the whole situation well!

My Cars
    goes vroom vroom
    Quote Originally Posted by MMR View Post
    I thought it was a "standard" Z3 also.

Nice kill and one sick Roadie! You handled the whole situation well!

I'm in too deep now with mine but constantly play the "what if" game... How do you like your turbo roadie? CES is right down the street and a clear path to 400 HP would have been much simpler while providing options. My goals are quite optimistic and it'll be pretty stout at 400 NA hp... even the most basic supercharger is more than I'm looking for on the S54.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast