Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M50 Intake Manifold Swap on my 97 328is...Worth it or not?

My Cars
    1995 M3 - Dakar Yellow I

M50 Intake Manifold Swap on my 97 328is...Worth it or not?

I have a 1997 328is and am considering buying the Eurospeed M50 Intake Manifold Kit to swap with my stock one. Wondering if any of you have done this swap and if so what kind of gains you felt? Is it worth it or not for $500 plus the cost of install and software upgrade to go along with it? Let me know and thanks in advance.

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    yes it's worth it

I have it and I love it, you could feel the gains in top end, however there is a loss in torque in low end, but that's when the software comes and do its job. I would say if you get the manifold, software is a must

Get it, you won't regreat it
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    97 328is
    damn skippy!, i have it in my 97 328is and i think its a great mod. i dont have the software yet, it wasnt available when i did mine, but it is a must have from what i hear. but if you are going to do it yourself i suggest getting a manifold from a junkyard or from someone parting out a car, its WAY cheaper. here is a great link to help you out. http://www.midnightautowerks.com/Ins...e/install.html

Oh and thegreat328, do you have the software? if so how do you like it?
    i play to win, if i cant win, i cheat! mods: AA CAI, Dinan Stage II software, M50 Manifold, M3 Exhaust, blacked out grills, oem clears all around, euro ellipsoids, angel eyes, H7 fogs, M-Tech mouldings, M3 mirrors, M3 rear wing, billstein c/o's, carbon fiber glove box trim, chrome shift knob, clutch stop, alpine cda-9811 head unit, infinity seperates, infinty 5 1/4's in the rear deck, 2 12" audiobahn's, mtx thunder 81000d, lightning s4-300, and im sitting on 18" zinetti's with falken ziex 235/40/zr18

My Cars
    the software is a great improvement,
    it brings back most of the lost torque in low end

My Cars
    97 328is
    did you diy or did you get it installed?
    i play to win, if i cant win, i cheat! mods: AA CAI, Dinan Stage II software, M50 Manifold, M3 Exhaust, blacked out grills, oem clears all around, euro ellipsoids, angel eyes, H7 fogs, M-Tech mouldings, M3 mirrors, M3 rear wing, billstein c/o's, carbon fiber glove box trim, chrome shift knob, clutch stop, alpine cda-9811 head unit, infinity seperates, infinty 5 1/4's in the rear deck, 2 12" audiobahn's, mtx thunder 81000d, lightning s4-300, and im sitting on 18" zinetti's with falken ziex 235/40/zr18

My Cars
    Alex at Eurospeed install the Manifold,

in order for your computer to be flash with AA software, you are going to send you computer to him

My Cars
    97 328is
    i know ive been contemplating getting it done for a while, its just da $$$.

My Cars
    E39 Alpina B10 V8
    I have the m50 on my 328is with no software at the moment. What i would say is that after a couple of days the ECU learnt it's new parameters and my idle came right back to normal. So i wouldn't say software is a must as i noticed shed loads more top ( but i also fitted a big bore throttle body at the same time ) One thing that amazes me is the price that you guys over the pond pay for pre programmed software. Over here in the U.k the general accepted practise is that it's a waste of time. After all no 2 engines are the same and there are so many variables ( air filters exhausts as well as engine component variables) In the u.k 90% of ecu mods are done live on the rolling road using a piggy back ecu and fuel etc dialed in out etc to suit your perticular engine>
    Euro 328is Ported and polished head , m50 inlet manifold , big bore throttle body , active autoworks CAI , TAROX drilled and grooved discs , TAROX PADS , AC TYPE 2 alloys , AC short shifter.

My Cars
    97 328is
    are you still pulling gains equivelant to the dyno specs on the eurospeed manifold software? (repoorted a near 40 hp gain w/ the manifold and software alone)

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    It's a really nice mod and you will love it.
    If you want I can get you same kit but @ $285
    Let me know!
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - Dakar Yellow I
    Hey Matutino...I am interested in the kit. I sent you a PM. Is it the exact same kit you were selling on ebay a few days ago? Let me know when you have the kit available. Thanks in advance, Tyler.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - Dakar Yellow I
    I also want to thank all of you guys for the shared info regarding the M50 Intake Manifold Swap...Thanks.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    PM sent!
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    Originally posted by finchy
    I have the m50 on my 328is with no software at the moment. What i would say is that after a couple of days the ECU learnt it's new parameters and my idle came right back to normal. So i wouldn't say software is a must as i noticed shed loads more top ( but i also fitted a big bore throttle body at the same time ) One thing that amazes me is the price that you guys over the pond pay for pre programmed software. Over here in the U.k the general accepted practise is that it's a waste of time. After all no 2 engines are the same and there are so many variables ( air filters exhausts as well as engine component variables) In the u.k 90% of ecu mods are done live on the rolling road using a piggy back ecu and fuel etc dialed in out etc to suit your perticular engine>
    having driven the car with the Manifold itself, and the car with the Manifold with the software, I'd say software is a must
    plus I know every car is different, so is the software, Alex programmed my computer (actually the chip) for the Manifold and the intake, since I don't have exhaust, and he said that whenever I decide to upgrade my exhaust, I could send him the chip, so he could programmed it for the exhaust

My Cars
    97 328is
    how much did u end up paying for the software TheGreat328?

My Cars
    1995 M3 - Dakar Yellow I
    How would a Shark Injector and M50 Intake Manifold Combined work?

My Cars
    Originally posted by youvebeensmoked
    how much did u end up paying for the software TheGreat328?
    well I got into a group buy that was made by Alex at Eurospeed for only Southern Cali, since he was going to be here for vacation on Christmas.

I paid $950
    for the M50 Manifold +installation
    and AA software.

BTW, Im sorry I couldn't make it to the meet. How was it?

My Cars
    Originally posted by TG328is
    How would a Shark Injector and M50 Intake Manifold Combined work?
    Im not sure, since the Injector only removes the limiter and I think raises the rpms, im not sure though.

the AA software is made specifically for the Manifold mod

My Cars
    1982 Mustang
    It's definatley worth it, I plan on getting one myself when I can.

My Cars
    02 M3
    i just purchased one from Matutino. I will let you guys know how it goes, with and without software. i will try to post dyno graphs too.

k&n intake. cat-back magmaflow exaust system. bhs pullies, software.

My Cars
    97 328is
    the meet is THIS saturday great328, 2/7/04

My Cars
    1995 M3 - Dakar Yellow I
    What meet are you talking about youvebeensmoked? Is it a dyno meet?

My Cars
    97 328is
    Originally posted by Matutino
    It's a really nice mod and you will love it.
    If you want I can get you same kit but @ $285
    Let me know!
    i just need software, any hookups?

My Cars
    97 328is
    Originally posted by TG328is
    What meet are you talking about youvebeensmoked? Is it a dyno meet?
    not a dyno meet, just a bmw enthusiasts GTG. if you are intrested, we will be meeting at Ikea in Tustin on Saturday at around 8:00 i think. let me know if you wanna go, and tell any others you may know about it.

My Cars
    -
    software is a MUST! Well worth the $. You can get the manifold, but it will take a good while for you to get all the parts, the right sizes, hoses, gaskets, etc etc etc and get your car running well. That or you can save yourself time and buy it complete, manifold an all from eurospeed. Mugatoo's kit realy pretty cheaply put together IMO. I suggest doing it yourself or getting it from eurospeed. The manifold on the 328 is worthless w/o the software IMO. I have dyno of intake/exhaust and intake/exhaust/manifold, and intake/exhaust/manifold/software so i know the diffrence. I gained not only 15rwhp by software chage alone, but also brought back alot of tq, tq went up eveywhere. Shark Injector will NOT do the trick, its not tuned for the manifold like the AA/Eurospeed software is.
    Last edited by Fissionx; 02-02-2004 at 09:27 PM.
    -Dan | '99 911 C2 | '02 M3 | '91 318i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast