BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1998 328i e46 need help please

1998 328i e46 need help please

Hello to All,

First of all I want to appoligize for my bad English before I start to write my problem. I will try my best to explain clearly.

Almost 1 month ago I bought one BMW 328i 1998 model. At the beginning I didn't feel anything that there s something wrong . Because it's my first car and first BMW. I didn't drive any BMW before. Anyway my problem is with the gear, it's manual. When I am starting to shift the gear, in the first and second shift there s a noise coming from under and little bit behind the front seats, the noise is like knocking a Door. Like someone is knocking under my car. Really I don't know how to explain. But this is annoying me everyone. Second thing is gear is very hard, when I start the car it's really hard to shift to reverse. I an really worried about something wrong and the worse thing is I don't know the history of the car. Couse I am staying in a foreign country. Before I will go to BMW service I just want to have sone idea what can be wrong. I really don't want people to cheat with ne here. I will really appreciate to help me with this matter.

Thanks all.

I am looking for your kind responds.

My Cars
    1998 M/4/5 Cosmos/Dove
    center support bearing and or flexdisk(guibo) are to blame for the knocking

also wrong thread, this is the FOR SALE section you want to send this question on over to E36 question and answer section not E46
    Last edited by LowMASSe30; 10-12-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ooo sorry, I will post there now, thanks for your kind respond.