Thread: FS: Left fender, 2.25" performance exhaust

My Cars
    1983 320is

FS: Left fender, 2.25" performance exhaust

Left side (drivers) fender. Fresh Henarot red paint, no rust $50.
    2.25" performance exhaust, bolt on for 80-83 1.8L exhaust manifold. Includes cat test pipe, bullet muffler to replace cat. Used only a few months. $150.
    Located in hudson valley, NY
    conv440@gmail.com

Last edited by conv440; 03-30-2013 at 07:19 PM.

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    What kind of exhaust is that? I have an identical one. I didn't realize it was mass produced.

My Cars
    '77 320i 2.2L M10
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    What kind of exhaust is that? I have an identical one. I didn't realize it was mass produced.
    That's OldMan's exhaust. I have the same one. Not sure if he still has any left to sell or not.

http://www.factoryworks.com/320iexhaust.htm

- Steve
    Last edited by shauer; 03-30-2013 at 09:14 PM.

My Cars
    1978 320i
    Is that a stainless steel exhaust? If the oldman can chime in, what would be the issue trying to fit this system in a '78 e21. Also, I assume that's a resonator not a cat running in the picture. I do have an interest in the exhaust.

My Cars
    '77 320i 2.2L M10
    Quote Originally Posted by gsumzzz View Post
    Is that a stainless steel exhaust? If the oldman can chime in, what would be the issue trying to fit this system in a '78 e21. Also, I assume that's a resonator not a cat running in the picture. I do have an interest in the exhaust.
    OldMan's exhaust was designed for post-'79 cars. It was *not* stainlessand and a cat was optional (see his web site I linked to above). It is very high quality steel. I have fit it to my '77 but you basically need to throw away the downpipe which is a work of art in itself (and the downpipe may have been stainless, not sure). I fit a resonator to mine in place of the cat.

You can make it fit a pre-'79 but you need to fabricate your own downpipe.

HTH. OP- GLWS

- Steve

My Cars
    79 320/6 81320i 65malibu
    The primary tubes in the down pipe are Stainless and the rest of the system is aluminized steel. If you up grade your per 80 system with an 80 exhaust manifold then the system will fit you 77-79. I believe the newer exhaust manifold is better then the older?

I still have systems for sell.

Always FUN TO DRIVE - Build Thread & Tech info - 79 320/6 track car build thread -- Videos of track car -Adam in car Auto-x video - Start-up video - 4/2011 Adam's TOP BMW time San Diego BMWCCA - 4-5-15 Dyno break-in run new M20B25 - Exhaust Thread - Link

My Cars
    '82 320i
    I'd be interested in the exhaust but I fear shipping to DC would be prohibitive.

My Cars
    1978 320i
    Well that idea is out. I am running a tii exhaust manifold into stock system. Was looking at the ss factor more so than size upgrade. That's for the schooling guys.

My Cars
    1983 320is
    Hey guys, I agree with all the above. The exhaust is amazingly well designed and built. I'm not trying to undercut the Old Man's business, I bought the system from him a few years ago. As some of you know my car got pretzeled by a distracted driver so I have no use for the system or the fender (they were not on the car when the accident happened). Gsumzzz is correct, that is a resonator I added to keep the system at a comfortable volume for the street, easy to swap out for the straight pipe at the track. You can see she was running a little rich! I also have a beautiful set of nearly new 15" Rota RB wheels and decent tires for sale in another post.
    BCalis, I might be willing to meet you half way to DC if you're serious. I still also have a black back seat, rear interior panels and package shelf. PM if interested.
    Last edited by conv440; 03-31-2013 at 08:33 AM.

My Cars
    '01 M5 '82 320i
    What's a package shelf? The rear dash?

If you'd be willing to meet me half way (my zip is 08518) I'd really like to grab that fender and the rear dash if that's in fact what you have. PM me if you're interested...
    Bob

My Cars
    '82 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by conv440 View Post
    Hey guys, I agree with all the above. The exhaust is amazingly well designed and built. I'm not trying to undercut the Old Man's business, I bought the system from him a few years ago. As some of you know my car got pretzeled by a distracted driver so I have no use for the system or the fender (they were not on the car when the accident happened). Gsumzzz is correct, that is a resonator I added to keep the system at a comfortable volume for the street, easy to swap out for the straight pipe at the track. You can see she was running a little rich! I also have a beautiful set of nearly new 15" Rota RB wheels and decent tires for sale in another post.
    BCalis, I might be willing to meet you half way to DC if you're serious. I still also have a black back seat, rear interior panels and package shelf. PM if interested.

That's very generous of you. PM me more info - ie what's half way for you, when is a good time etc. thanks!