S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaze View Post
    12" rear with a 315!
    Perfect

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    1999 BMW 326t
    Has any one fitted syperical bearings to there rear tow arms in place of the factory rubber items? Im wanting to do mine to get rid of play but dont know where to start

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIFDN
    Has any one fitted syperical bearings to there rear tow arms in place of the factory rubber items? Im wanting to do mine to get rid of play but dont know where to start
    I have the akg adjustable ones they use spherical bearings. It's a track car only so idk how noisy or they'd feel on the street.

My Cars
    e36 Track Car
    Upper, lower or trailing arms? I have done it. -Nate
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards, Nate.
    www.DriveFasterNow.com

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    My bad I have the fronts not the rears. Didn't read the "rear" lol

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIFDN View Post
    If you get M arms (E36 M3 should fit your car with 330 axles) they are factory spherical.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 326t
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEAN View Post
    Upper, lower or trailing arms? I have done it. -Nate
    Its these bushes that i want to swap to sypherical bearings
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1999 BMW 326t
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    If you get M arms (E36 M3 should fit your car with 330 axles) they are factory spherical.
    Does the 330 axles that u say i will need to run have different splines to my factory ones? If so i wont be able to use them as iv had custom solid centre axles made up to suit my hubs

My Cars
    e36 Track Car
    ahh... that would be your Rear Trailing Arm Bushing or RTAB. Pick your favorite vendor and buy one, no need to re invent the wheel. Sean might also be able to help you out.
    Regards, Nate.
    www.DriveFasterNow.com

My Cars
    1999 BMW 326t
    yeah i was thinking of going to nolathane ones but then thought maby sypherical ones would be even better. Speaking of sean helping me out.. hows that super angle kit coming along?

My Cars
    n/a
    Are these still being made?

And what happened to the website?

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Don't know what's up with his site, but he's on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/SLRspeed?fref=ts and his email is listed several times in this thread.
    Last edited by jakermac; 12-23-2012 at 01:33 PM.

My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    Quote Originally Posted by LolDrater View Post
    Are these still being made?

And what happened to the website?

Definitely still in production. Just finishing up the 2013 parts (no geometry change, but they are lighter and look more sleek.)

We had continuous issues with the hosting and mail services so I opted not to renew. I thought it was through the end of the year, but I guess not. Website will be back up soon, and I'm determined to get the actual online store working.

-Sean

My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    Website is back with way better hosting! Working on the store for the rest of the night, hopefully by Monday you guys can purchase directly from the website

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Just finishing up the 2013 parts (no geometry change, but they are lighter and look more sleek.)

-Sean
    Any pics of the new pieces? Should we expect a price increase at all, or same pricing as late this year?

My Cars
    2001 330i
    I can't wait to pick up a set for my missile car.

My Cars
    MZ3, YUK DEN, FORESTERXT
    Lots of very positive comments in this thread. I am about to order a race version for my track car. Anyone have issues or problems worthy of noting?

Will say that I reached out to all the primary sources for quality aftermarket performance parts. Sean replied quickly and thoroughly. Can't say the same for everyone.
    00 MZ3 with LS2 /T56 swap (425rwhp/404Torq corrected to SAE), with oil cooler and 3 qt accusump, TCK DA, , 1.75 in Vorshlag Headers, RD Sways, Dinan Upper Strut, Turner Brake Cooling with Stainless Lines, DTC90 Pads, Fidanza LTW Fly Wheel and LS7 clutch and pressure plate, Hurst Shifter Hamann Kit, Digi tec Wing, Full grand am style cage from Deman MotorSports, New Age radiator, Lower temp alum thermostat, center 75d FCAB, Rear Camber and Toe plates, AKG 75d bushings throughout , SLR Roll Center / Bump Steer Correction kit, Turn one power steering pump and cooler, Rogue Rear Strut mounts, TCK Camber Plates, 18x10.5 wheels with Hoosier R6, Rogue Dual-Ear diff, Randy Forbe Reinforced Diff Mounts, adjustable sway bar end links, 500/700 springs, Custom Advanced Motorsports carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber roof, bumper cover, splitter and Dive Planes, Pole Position, lexan Windows, PBR C6 z 6 piston calipers with C6z rotors,custom dual master cylinder pedal box...

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    The only issues I've had stem from my choice of control arms.

For the record, get oem lemforder or febi arms. I went with Meyle HD and it's been nothing but headaches. Different diameter outer balljoint meant that I had to have the bore machined out to accept the spherical. The casting for the outer balljoint is much larger and required a TON of grinding to clear the e36 m3 brake rotors, took off well over half of the casting in order to get everything clear.

If you order his tubular arms, or are using e36 arms, you should be fine.

My Cars
    MZ3, YUK DEN, FORESTERXT
    Thanks - good feedback. I have the Miele Hd in the car now but decided to get the slr arms as well. I read some poor feedback on the design of he AKG arms which I was strongly considering at first. I would love to see some comments fom guys running wider front tracks on E36 road course set ups... I an planning on going standard width since I am not sure what complications the wider width will introduce......anyone?
    00 MZ3 with LS2 /T56 swap (425rwhp/404Torq corrected to SAE), with oil cooler and 3 qt accusump, TCK DA, , 1.75 in Vorshlag Headers, RD Sways, Dinan Upper Strut, Turner Brake Cooling with Stainless Lines, DTC90 Pads, Fidanza LTW Fly Wheel and LS7 clutch and pressure plate, Hurst Shifter Hamann Kit, Digi tec Wing, Full grand am style cage from Deman MotorSports, New Age radiator, Lower temp alum thermostat, center 75d FCAB, Rear Camber and Toe plates, AKG 75d bushings throughout , SLR Roll Center / Bump Steer Correction kit, Turn one power steering pump and cooler, Rogue Rear Strut mounts, TCK Camber Plates, 18x10.5 wheels with Hoosier R6, Rogue Dual-Ear diff, Randy Forbe Reinforced Diff Mounts, adjustable sway bar end links, 500/700 springs, Custom Advanced Motorsports carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber roof, bumper cover, splitter and Dive Planes, Pole Position, lexan Windows, PBR C6 z 6 piston calipers with C6z rotors,custom dual master cylinder pedal box...

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    I also had an issue with the tie rod stud interfering with my wheels, because they are reverse drop/reverse barrel. Solution was to cut the flanged portion of the bearing standoffs/misalignment spacers, giving another 1/8" or so for the nut to come off, and then trimming the stud to clear the wheel.

Problem:

Solution:

My Cars
    96 M3
    This is why I run a 30mm spacer

My Cars
    OBD1 s52 Jank-Wagen
    Women... run 20's and you're golden!

My Cars
    MZ3, YUK DEN, FORESTERXT
    Ordered my set tonight! Went with the +13mm track width road course set up.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Trying to figure out how to not have -6 degrees of camber or less with this kit... Thoughts?

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    1989 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Trying to figure out how to not have -6 degrees of camber or less with this kit... Thoughts?
    Do a camber plate like Essa's?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast