Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW Scanner 1.4.0 DIY Read error messages/code car options

My Cars
    BMW 525iT, 530d
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    What's your idle? I remember I once cleared the adaptations on someone's 325, and his idle went up from 550 to 750
    With A/C off its around 500rpm and with A/C on it goes to around 700-750 rpm. These are the values from the OBC test no. 7 IIRC.
    When coming to a gradual stop, it goes to about 300rpm and then "catches itself" and bounces up again. In the proces, the downshift suffers (and me ofcourse).

My Cars
    ok, heres my board. definitely an update/completely different.

lol @ the black crap over to "hide" whats going on(its hard as a rock/wont easily come off). I didnt give it a super good look over but there was nothing i could quickly figure out
    because it is so different. i jumpered the 7 and 8 anyways and it didnt change the function.

as you can see on one side its got those jumper connections already...hrmm

I get the zke, ike errors. It reads the dme and srs just fine but cant access the abs computer.

I am running a 20 pin adapter and it seems to be wired correctly though ill have to reconfirm. (seemed like it was wired properly to pin 15 and since it connects to dme
    already I think thats fine)
    edit: this may be my problem since I think pin 16 is unused on my 20 pin adapter. installing a jumper on this
    cable may be my answer.

hrmmm.
    edit: sorry about size.
    bought mine from xcar360

found this
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/INPA-K-DCAN-I...#ht_1584wt_952

looks like the same unit... wonder if mine is a kcan modified to work with bmw scanner(likely)...now I just have to figure out how to change it /run inpa instead

edit: can i jump pin 15 (L line) with 7 and 8?
    would that work?
    Last edited by breakfast; 02-13-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 e46

change idle speed?

hi; you can change idle speed in dis ; as i can recall; function selection; dme; idle speed; test plan ....

is this same as pasoft? can it write vin to used abs pump or used ike or dme?
    Last edited by stef168; 02-13-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMW 525iT, 530d
    [QUOTE=stef168;23711005]hi; you can change idle speed in dis ; as i can recall; function selection; dme; idle speed; test plan ....
    Thanks, I'll try DIS as soon as my interface cable arrives

My Cars
    95 M3
    now will this worn on OBD1 cars?? i have a SRS and ABS lights on, need to find whats the problem and fix it.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by stef168 View Post
    hi; you can change idle speed in dis ; as i can recall; function selection; dme; idle speed; test plan ....

is this same as pasoft? can it write vin to used abs pump or used ike or dme?
    Isn't that just a temporary change? I've played around with that, and I'm pretty sure the idle speed reverted back to stock after restarting the car.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Quote Originally Posted by BomjM3 View Post
    now will this worn on OBD1 cars?? i have a SRS and ABS lights on, need to find whats the problem and fix it.
    With the proper adapter yes, you will need the adapter that goes under the hood (round one).

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    With the proper adapter yes, you will need the adapter that goes under the hood (round one).
    Ok cool thanks!

My Cars
    2003 330ci
    this is same as pasoft and can be updated at their web site.

this software will not recode abs/dsc on my 2002 330ci...unfortunate because thats all i need it for besides code reading

it will code the ike and dme.....its strange it covers all module except the asb/dsc. Will have to use ncs expert or disv44 for that unless someone knows something i dont
    Last edited by GLHX; 02-21-2012 at 05:41 AM.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 335i (E92)
    just got my BMW Scanner today (ordered of eBay for $60) and had those "connection error with IKE" blah blah and after a little searching came across this thread...

opened up my scanner to solder pins 7 & 8 together and they already were.... looked at the picture again on the first post and noticed pins 1 and 2 were soldered but mine weren't!

So soldered pins 1 & 2 and boom... worked like a charm

moral of the post... Make sure pins 1 & 2 are soldered along with pins 7 & 8 solder together. Just thought i'd post this as a heads up.

My Previous Vehicle - In the Edmonton/Northern AB Area? We're having a meet... Click Here

My Cars
    '01 325i Sedan Sport
    What is the round adapter you are using? I have the BMW scanner and it works fine on my '01 but I need to access more on a '00 that has the round plug.
    '05 545i 6spd manual, Sport pkg, CW pkg, Alpine White w/Auburn interior
    '01 325i Sport Package, 5spd, Alpine white, Xenons -sold!
    '93 Mustang LX 5.0, 5spd, Vortech Si-Trim, etc. 11.91@123.5 - 5+ yr old street tires

My Cars
    2004 325Ci
    Not a hijack, but on a tangent: what are people's experience with xcar360's scanner for programming functions? I'd like to get one touch close on my coupe's rear windows, my halogens to come on full when I use my Xenon high beams, and get rid of my damned 37 degree beep. Does anyone know whether this product can make these changes?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by monag View Post
    With A/C off its around 500rpm and with A/C on it goes to around 700-750 rpm. These are the values from the OBC test no. 7 IIRC.
    When coming to a gradual stop, it goes to about 300rpm and then "catches itself" and bounces up again. In the proces, the downshift suffers (and me ofcourse).
    Try cleaning your MAF, and check for vacuum leaks. My car exhibited the same behavior when my MAF was dirty.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by rwall View Post
    Not a hijack, but on a tangent: what are people's experience with xcar360's scanner for programming functions? I'd like to get one touch close on my coupe's rear windows, my halogens to come on full when I use my Xenon high beams, and get rid of my damned 37 degree beep. Does anyone know whether this product can make these changes?
    check out the software... the xcar comes with the pasoft software or you can download it off their(passoft) website and use that with no issues.

if that kind of programming is available with it than the xcar scanner will do it.

just make sure the right pins are soldered.

My Cars
    11 X6, 96 318ti
    So this unit will tell me what is throwing the "check engine" light instead of having to look up the codes? (sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but this is my first day looking into this stuff and I'm sick of getting raped by the dealer getting told "it was just a program error" and paying them to reset the light.)
    Last edited by newagecustoms; 02-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.

The Ultimate Driving Machine.

My Cars
    2004 M3 Coupe TiAg
    Quote Originally Posted by breakfast View Post
    ok, heres my board. definitely an update/completely different.

lol @ the black crap over to "hide" whats going on(its hard as a rock/wont easily come off). I didnt give it a super good look over but there was nothing i could quickly figure out
    because it is so different. i jumpered the 7 and 8 anyways and it didnt change the function.

as you can see on one side its got those jumper connections already...hrmm

I get the zke, ike errors. It reads the dme and srs just fine but cant access the abs computer.

I am running a 20 pin adapter and it seems to be wired correctly though ill have to reconfirm. (seemed like it was wired properly to pin 15 and since it connects to dme
    already I think thats fine)
    edit: this may be my problem since I think pin 16 is unused on my 20 pin adapter. installing a jumper on this
    cable may be my answer.

hrmmm.
    edit: sorry about size.
    bought mine from xcar360

found this
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/INPA-K-DCAN-Interface-USB-OBD2-Diagnostic-BMW-1998-/290664043699?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4 3aced54b3#ht_1584wt_952

looks like the same unit... wonder if mine is a kcan modified to work with bmw scanner(likely)...now I just have to figure out how to change it /run inpa instead

edit: can i jump pin 15 (L line) with 7 and 8?
    would that work?
    this is the one you bought from xcar, right? Were you able to get it working for programming? Which pins did you short?

Also did you manage to get it working with INPA?

My Cars
    2000 740il
    i got mine last week and having trouble getting the drivers to work..was given a link to download updated drivers for xp but im having a heck of a time figuring it out..anyone else have this issue

My Cars
    2003 330ci
    i had to go into control panel...then device drivers.....then browse computer for device drivers in the C: drive from device drivers.....for windows 7 32bit

once it found the software it downloaded it with no issues

My Cars
    2000 740il
    well i finally got drivers installed..unfortunately i can only perform first 2 options...looks like ill be soldering this weekend

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP
    How do you erase adaptations?
    ///M* Coming soon..

My Cars
    BMW 525iT, 530d
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Try cleaning your MAF, and check for vacuum leaks. My car exhibited the same behavior when my MAF was dirty.
    I cleaned/ changed the MAF and no vac leaks.
    I did however take the car to A friend who, using and old version of DIS, managed to increase my idle speed by 100 rpm. The hard downshift is almost completely gone. I think i'll raise it another 50rpm to bring it up to about 700rpm. That will be perfect.
    Thanks for all the help though.
    Btw, I did receive my PA soft today. I hope I dont have any problems setting it up.

My Cars
    2000 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by monag View Post
    I cleaned/ changed the MAF and no vac leaks.
    I did however take the car to A friend who, using and old version of DIS, managed to increase my idle speed by 100 rpm. The hard downshift is almost completely gone. I think i'll raise it another 50rpm to bring it up to about 700rpm. That will be perfect.
    Thanks for all the help though.
    Btw, I did receive my PA soft today. I hope I dont have any problems setting it up.
    my idle speed is at 688/700 but i have a 740il

I see that is an old thread but i just bought an BMW scanner 1.4.Managed to install drivers and get it to work but when i connect to OBD2 it will only see 2 modules.DME and EGS.Tryed to bridge pin 7-8 but nothing happens.I read somewhere that on E39 modells with booth obd connectors i have to use the round conn under the hood.So ordered an adapter obd2(16 pin) to obd1(the round connection 20 pin) I have to know if i have to make any changes to BMW scanner or it will just work with the adaptor without having to bridge the 7-8 pin?

@tim8dena I have exact same problem as you.I have to keep all the time AC working in order to not get that shock each time when i have to stop.Did you fixed this issue?Ho
    Last edited by Mihai1979; 02-24-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2000 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihai1979 View Post
    I see that is an old thread but i just bought an BMW scanner 1.4.Managed to install drivers and get it to work but when i connect to OBD2 it will only see 2 modules.DME and EGS.Tryed to bridge pin 7-8 but nothing happens.I read somewhere that on E39 modells with booth obd connectors i have to use the round conn under the hood.So ordered an adapter obd2(16 pin) to obd1(the round connection 20 pin) I have to know if i have to make any changes to BMW scanner or it will just work with the adaptor without having to bridge the 7-8 pin?

@tim8dena I have exact same problem as you.I have to keep all the time AC working in order to not get that shock each time when i have to stop.Did you fixed this issue?Ho
    You can't see any other modules from the OBD2 if you have the "pacman" connector in the engine compartment. It should work without any modifications.
    Last edited by mijuko; 02-24-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    e39 528i M - Sport -oo

Ok,thank you for the reply.I managed to test the DME and got this errors
    8C/01 - Activation, map cooling
    22/01 - Function, inlet-camshaft control, bank 2
    21/01 - Function, inlet-camshaft control, bank 1
    0D/00 - Oxygen-sensor heater before cat. conv., bank 1
    I did a clear and
    22/01 - Function, inlet-camshaft control, bank 2
    21/01 - Function, inlet-camshaft control, bank 1
    returned after a while with engine started.What does that means?I have to replace the vanos sensors?The car works perfectly....

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast