Thread: What could eb causing my power loss?

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma

What could eb causing my power loss?

I feel like i have lost a lot of power in the low rpm ranges. It does not seem to have any loss in first gear but all other gears seem to have almost no power at anything below 3500 rpms. When i first noticed it i thought it may be my clutch slipping, but i tought it was weird to feel a power loss like if i was just sitting in 3rd gear at about 3000 rpms and try to accelerate and feel nothing until about 4000-4500 rpms when the power just bursts on all at once.

Another addition is that soemtimes when i crank the car up in the morning it will rev to about 2000 rpms and sit there until i hit the gas pedal....other times in the morning or after the car has been sitting for awhile and i put it in reverse and stop and take it out and put it back in reverse it makes the "mishift" scraping sound....and i know the clutch is all the way depressed when this happens

"We are the music makers...and we are the dreamers of dreams."

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    anyone??

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    when was the last time you checked or replaced spark plugs and o2 sensor? also the "scraping" sound is most likely a missaligned syncro in the tranny. nothing to worry about yet. to avoid that you can manually line up the gear by going into first, second then reverse at a stand still..
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    2008 335, 2011 X3
    When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?
    2008 335I Space Grey,Black leather, Steptronic
    Vishnu Procede V3 (16-17 lb boost) ,AA FMIC,AA Discharge tube/BOV,AA Downpipes,AA Race Exhaust, AFE Elite intake,BSH catch can, OS Giken LSD, PSS10 suspension, H&R sway bars, Motorsport CF strut brace, Stoptech BBKS, Forgeline ZX3S 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rears w/P235 35 19 fronts and P275 30 19 rear Conti Extreme DW's,Motorsport alcantara digital steering wheel, P3 boost gauge..etc

2011 X3 X-Drive 35i, Mineral Silver, Oyster leather
    Hartge Power Pack tuner, H&R sport springs, Forgeline DE3S 19 x 9 Conti Extreme DW P245 45 19 all around, Supersprint Exhaust

AA Preferred Dealer

My Cars
    '95 M3, '91 Miata, '05 SV650S
    I think a tune-up is the first order of business and pull any stored codes. If that all checks out, you may have a failed Vanos.

BTW...slipping clutches are usually diagnosed by seeing the revs rise when the speedometer does not (or does not raise in proportion to rpm anyway)...usually in higher gear under full throttle.

My Cars
    '11 1M, '13 Tacoma
    thanks for all the help.....i changed spark plugs yesterday....dont know about fuel filter though

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    a "broken" vanos will not cause power loss, it will make a lot of noise!!

also getting a new fuel filter as stated above is not a bad idea. and remember to clean the air filter very often... and if it is old i would get a new one. i noticed that with my car that over a period of 2-3 years no matter how many times you clean the filter it just doesn't get clean anymore.
    do you even know what a plethora is?