Thread: Need 1996 Z3 parts - black soft top roof, driver side door panel (complete) and more.

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3

Need 1996 Z3 parts - black soft top roof, driver side door panel (complete) and more.

I am trying to fix my 1996 Z3 Roadster. My roof is ripped, need to replace it. Drive side door panel (black) is missing handle, armrest, and door opening lever, and need both seats if anyone has them really cheap.
    Please help ... thanks!!!

My Cars
    00 M '96 Z3
    Welcome to the forums

You can find a new top on ebay

Go to dealer for door handles

I have a set of crappy seats if you to pay for shippingreally sh1tty seats

I have a door panel in black condition is suspect

I have an armrest too. Its not half bad

If you are interested in any of this, tell me what pictures you want and I will post the pics for you

Oh yeah, introduce yourself to the gang here. They're a lot of help
    Last edited by Tazmanian Devil; 10-04-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    2011 Z4
    2010 MB GLK 350
    2000 M Roady
    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
    1996 Z3

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    Wow ... i love the speedy response time on this forum! My name is Usman, i am in Los Angeles. I have a 2011 128i and 1996 Z3 Roadster. I am a brand new BMW enthusiast ... finding it really hard to find parts for the Z3 though. It would be great if you can send me pictures of the arm rest and everything else that you have for the driver side door panel, that would be great!!! Also, please let me know what the price would be - thanks!!!

Can you send me the pictures of the complete black door panel that you have - that would be great!!! Thanks
    Last edited by usman91316; 10-04-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Z3, M5
    If you decide you want to try a beige interior... I have a complete beige interior for sale... dash, door panels, carpet, seats, etc.. all in pretty good condition... and I'm local (South Bay)

-Joe

My Cars
    00 M '96 Z3
    You sound like you bought my car. Mine didn't have a door panel on the drivers side either. Interior was very rough and top had duct tape on the rear window.

I got lucky and found an OEM top on craigslist and my mechanic had the seats and door panels.

Pretty bad, eh?

Thanks to some help from a friend, we replaced the top and the seats.

It looks a little better now

Here are some pics of the panel and arm rest They need to be cleaned but in good condition, really

When you replace the seats, depending what you find, the connections could be different. Go to realoem and put in your vin and that will help you to find part numbers.
    2011 Z4
    2010 MB GLK 350
    2000 M Roady
    1996 Z3

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    oh what a small world, i am in South Bay as well, right by 405 and Crenshaw. I was dumb enough to trust a friend to find a "good" deal at an auction for me, and what i ended up getting is fit for a junk yard and not my garage
    I am still trying to fix it though. I like your driver side door panel, do you happen to have the same for passenger side too? So i can have both matching! Also, i am looking for driver side regulator and motor for the power window.
    I think i am ok with the seats for now - my passenger side is torn but driver side is perfectly fine so i am ok. Please let me know if you can help. My number is 310-951-8172. Office line is 310-225-4068. Thank you!!!

My Cars
    00 M '96 Z3
    Passenger side, you can see in the pic, does not have a handle. I do have the handle for it, somewhere. Y U no like my seats? They look wonderful

How many miles are on your car? Manual or auto?

A good start would be to flush all your fluids, unless you have records of it being done recently.

When you get enough posts, pm me and we can discuss price. I have no clue what shipping will be to the west coast.

Bri
    2011 Z4
    2010 MB GLK 350
    2000 M Roady
    1996 Z3

My Cars
    05 2.5 Z5
    usman, there's a bmw junkyard in Sun Valley. You can try them for your parts.

Pride Auto Parts
    12300 Branford
    Sun valley ca
    818-890-1600 Gary

I'm local as well.

Got pics of the car? How many miles?

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    Thanks Gary - i just called this number, he said he doesn't have Z3 parts

Hi Bri ... i don't know how to use the "pm" feature on this forum yet. I have to driver side handle so it's not a problem if you can't find yours
    Would it be ok if we take this over emails now? My email is usmank@pcmall.com
    I am trying really hard to have the car up and running before the "real" winter comes in. Both my BMWs are in the mechanic shop, 128i needs front wondshield, Z3 needs too many things as listed before. Please help!!!! I am a brand new BMW enthusiast and already facing some really difficult time ...
    My 128i is 2011, has 6000 miles, it's white. Z3 is 1996 Roadster, black in color, and has 62,000 miles.

Bri - What i meant to say was ... i have the passenger side handle so it's not a problem if you can't find yours. Basically i need the driver side a lot more than the passenger side. Also, do you have the driver side regulator and motor for the power window - anyone?
    Last edited by usman91316; 10-05-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    00 M '96 Z3
    I will email you tonight when I get home from work.
    2011 Z4
    2010 MB GLK 350
    2000 M Roady
    1996 Z3

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    Thank you!!!

Joe - how much $$$??
    My numbers are listed in an earlier response... call me to discuss...

GREAT NEWS - i spoke to this guy who does leather upholstering for our office furniture, he can make my Z3 seats all leather without a problem - i don't need to buy another set of seats - doing cartwheels here
    Last edited by usman91316; 10-05-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost