Thread: First p0365 now p1318

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330i zhp

First p0365 now p1318

Guys need help here! Over the weekend, I changed my exhaust CAM sensor with a new OEM one. Previously, I had no codes for this but changed it since I was changing the intake one and CCV as well. After I was done, on startup, the car threw a fault code p0365. I cleared it but it promptly came back.

Today, I decided to put back the original one that was in there which I had replaced, and on start-up got fault codes p0365 plus p1318. I cleared the codes, then fired her up, checked the codes and this time only got p1318. Switched off the car, checked again and still got only p1318. My generic reader doesn't know what it is, so of to the web:

Now, with p1318, on looking it up, it is either not found as a BMW code or it refers to cam sensor circuit faulty equivalent to fault code 10027 referred elsewhere in BMW circles or it is an emissions related misfire on cylinder 6. I should add that I also changed spark plugs, but code p1318 only showed up after putting in the old exhaust CAM sensor..

I'm stumped, anybody with any ideas on the best course of action to take before I take it in?

Anybody...
    Last edited by many330i; 10-03-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2004 BMW 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by many330i View Post
    Guys need help here! Over the weekend, I changed my exhaust CAM sensor with a new OEM one. Previously, I had no codes for this but changed it since I was changing the intake one and CCV as well. After I was done, on startup, the car threw a fault code p0365. I cleared it but it promptly came back.

Today, I decided to put back the original one that was in there which I had replaced, and on start-up got fault codes p0365 plus p1318. I cleared the codes, then fired her up, checked the codes and this time only got p1318. Switched off the car, checked again and still got only p1318. My generic reader doesn't know what it is, so of to the web:

Now, with p1318, on looking it up, it is either not found as a BMW code or it refers to cam sensor circuit faulty equivalent to fault code 10027 referred elsewhere in BMW circles or it is an emissions related misfire on cylinder 6. I should add that I also changed spark plugs, but code p1318 only showed up after putting in the old exhaust CAM sensor..

I'm stumped, anybody with any ideas on the best course of action to take before I take it in?

Anybody...
    I am getting the same code p1318. I have cleared it a few times. It doesn't come back on first restart or while running after first restart. I am at a loss of what to do next. Changed both intake and exhaust CPS, CCV system, all the plugs and cleaned both vanos solenoids.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The P0365 code could be caused by faulty wiring from the sensor to the DME. Go to www.newtis.info to find out we’re the sensor’s wires connect to the DME. Use an ohm meter to check continuity.