Thread: E36 ///M3 drift project

My Cars
    Rear Ended E36 ///M3

E36 ///M3 drift project

Alright here's my story...

when i first bought this car, it had tons of problems! it needed wiring done, Suspension, Brakes, Welding, & lots of cleaning. i couldnt really pass on it cause it was a steal Lol
    Its a 1997 ///M3 with 198,xxx Miles

For some reason only the left side of the car would light up. turns out that my buddy cracked the headers and the super hot fumes melted some of the wiring that controlled the hazards, headlights, taillights, & etc.
    After a good while i was able to fix all the wiring and now i was on to the next challenge.... The Suspension!

The Suspension was pretty much Wrecked. the inner & outer tie rods had tons of play, The lower arm were bent, and the lower control arm bushing were ripped. causing the car to go somewhere else when trying to steer Lol

Please Excuse the 1 piece headlights for i DID NOT buy em. Bodyshop did SMH

Old Lower Arms out...

Old on Left, New on right

New Inner & outer tie rods, New lower arms, New control arm Brackets & Megan Racing Coilovers! WIN!!!

My nice Jack-Stands Lmfao

Rear shock Broke right through

it quickly became something Bigg

Rear Welding was Done Thanks to Lucky 7 Racing

Removed the A/C compressor, & A/C Condenssor

Everythings Out.

Done for Now

Some Wayy nicer pics Enjoy!!!

Right Now shes my Daily/Drifter...
    Shes all gutted *except the back seats*
    No spare, No rear Carpet, No A/C, No Stereo, No speakers, & etc.
    Next is to disconnect me heater core for i do not need it anymore...
    I will post up picks Soon
    Last edited by I Love My E36; 08-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.

My Cars
    95 325is.
    Cool project, those megan look tough how they ride?.

My Cars
    Rear Ended E36 ///M3
    There pretty Good! they havent failed on me yet. not even under the most extreme stress i put'em in.
    their pretty stiff when it comes to driving like a maniac, & soft when it comes to giving family a ride Lol
    Last edited by I Love My E36; 08-22-2011 at 05:15 PM.

My Cars
    morris minor
    Consider leaving your heater core in - not heavy and worth it for the cold days and for the defroster.

Did you pull the cdv??

Drop me an email - I'm local with a cosmos 3/4/5

My Cars
    95 bmw 325is
    great start, keep us posted.

My Cars
    03 M3
    Are you sponsored by Monster and Smart Wax?

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    You're missing a VERY IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR RIE-RODS!!!

The pinch locking sleeve/collar that slides over the tip of the outer tie-rod and pinches the metal against the threads when you tighten the jam nut.

Having it the way you do right now could flex and eventually break due to fatigue.

The missing piece is just to the left of where the arrow is pointing in that picture^^
    Last edited by SLR; 10-11-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Rear Ended E36 ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 535iDan
    Are you sponsored by Monster and Smart Wax?
    Whats up guys! Man, Its been a while since I last posted haha I WAS sponsored by smartwax... I dont know what happend but the guy that was in charge of everything left because he didnt like the way smartwax ran things so he quit. Alot of people lost their sponsor with smartwax. Bummer... I still buy alot of their products thoe. And about Monster... I wish LOL! I just love monster

Quote Originally Posted by SLR
    You're missing a VERY IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR RIE-RODS!!!

The pinch locking sleeve/collar that slides over the tip of the outer tie-rod and pinches the metal against the threads when you tighten the jam nut.

Having it the way you do right now could flex and eventually break due to fatigue.

The missing piece is just to the left of where the arrow is pointing in that picture^^
    Yeah, I know what piece your talking about. That day I did everything so quick that I forgot! the next day I had work like 120miles away and needed my car since I have no other.. smh :/
    Last edited by I Love My E36; 10-11-2011 at 06:50 PM.

My Cars
    Broken as usual...
    you plan on doing any thing else to it. you should make a diy for taking out the AC parts. all mine are on my car but lines are chopped so its no used for me. id rather take it out and do the fan thing like you said in another post of yours. overheating is something i do not wanna experience

My Cars
    99 Estoril M3, 03 525it
    Quote Originally Posted by chadb08 View Post
    you plan on doing any thing else to it. you should make a diy for taking out the AC parts. all mine are on my car but lines are chopped so its no used for me. id rather take it out and do the fan thing like you said in another post of yours. overheating is something i do not wanna experience
    honestly a DIY for ac removal really isnt needed. Pretty simple did mine in a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love My E36 View Post
    Whats up guys! Man, Its been a while since I last posted haha I WAS sponsored by smartwax... I dont know what happend but the guy that was in charge of everything left because he didnt like the way smartwax ran things so he quit. Alot of people lost their sponsor with smartwax. Bummer... I still buy alot of their products thoe. And about Monster... I wish LOL! I just love monster

Yeah, I know what piece your talking about. That day I did everything so quick that I forgot! the next day I had work like 120miles away and needed my car since I have no other.. smh :/
    You talkinga bout Jeff?
    Last edited by 95M3Keith; 10-13-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Rear Ended E36 ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 95M3Keith

honestly a DIY for ac removal really isnt needed. Pretty simple did mine in a couple hours.

You talkinga bout Jeff?
    Lmao yeahh... And jeremy too.. From what we all heard, they both didnt like how smartwax ran things. Crazy.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by chadb08
    Like I said, its just bolts. and i dont think you have to worry about the gas inside since the PO cut it and Released it into the atmosphere... Or who knows. But yeah, ill make another thread
    Last edited by I Love My E36; 10-13-2011 at 10:33 AM.