Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Suspension and Wheels for my E9

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by espguitarist View Post
    I do, actually, on occasion. Whenever an article is posted here and I see it, I tend to read it.

I have nothing against StanceWorks and I don't mind Stanced cars. I wouldn't ever do it to my own car and there are a lot of them that I don't like. To each there own. Attacking the look was not my intention.

My intention initially was to voice my opinion on the fact that scraping the frame of such an immaculate care was a shame. You clarified that it was in fact, not the frame and instead a shield.

So you know the car is nice, you want to keep the car nice, and you modify it in such a way that isn't the most practical and appeals to an audience.

I wouldn't call that a daily driver because most people can't daily drive a car like that. Just because you drive it every day does not make the car a "daily driver".

Posting pictures of the car scraping on the ground without clarifying that it is shielded is "showy" and not at all something that someone who was simply using it as a 'daily driver' would do. You did it to showcase how low the car is, to showcase an example of a StanceWorks car.

In short, I think it's a shame that you would use such a gorgeous car in a 'showy' manner and potentially damage it for the sake of posting pictures of the car throwing sparks, with the intention of promoting your brand.

If it makes you happy, then great. I'm glad you're doing what you can to protect the car from the abuse it's going to receive at that ride height.
    I did what I did because it appeals to me. If I wanted to appeal to others I'd modify it in the most tasteful and purist way possible, but I don't want to.

As for it not being a daily driver, considering it's the only car I've driven in the past 3 months, I'd say it is a daily driver. I don't know how my daily driver being more "radical" than most makes it any less of a daily, but that's your qualm, not mine.

And as far as doing it to promote my brand, it was never mentioned in this thread. I do what I enjoy and I share it with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbe34 View Post
    Dude, it's bagged. It's probably more streetable than 95% of the cars lowered on coilovers that are on this site. I haven't seen the car in person but I don't think it's a concours car anyways, so I'm not really understanding everyone's concern. Even if it was, it'd be a lot safer to drive every day on bags than slammed on coilovers

p.s. I'd drive/drag/ruin it
    Thanks Jonathan.
    Last edited by SpasticDwarf; 09-28-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    V8 E36 318i, E36 M3
    Mr. Burroughs, you are doing it right. Not because I love your car and your past cars but because you continue to do it your way, everyday.

Doing it your way is doing it the right way.

I left the show early Sunday, and I must've been lazy on the strip because I missed your car all weekend. I'm extremely disappointed.

@jasondraper on IG

My Cars
    98 m3 vert,89 325i vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcbe34

Dude, it's bagged. It's probably more streetable than 95% of the cars lowered on coilovers that are on this site. I haven't seen the car in person but I don't think it's a concours car anyways, so I'm not really understanding everyone's concern. Even if it was, it'd be a lot safer to drive every day on bags than slammed on coilovers

p.s. I'd drive/drag/ruin it
    +1

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by FazdaGT View Post
    Mr. Burroughs, you are doing it right. Not because I love your car and your past cars but because you continue to do it your way, everyday.

Doing it your way is doing it the right way.

I left the show early Sunday, and I must've been lazy on the strip because I missed your car all weekend. I'm extremely disappointed.
    Thanks man. I heard about your car from several people but missed it as well. Disappointed to say the least!

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5, F30 328i

I wouldn't call that a daily driver because most people can't daily drive a car like that. Just because you drive it every day does not make the car a "daily driver."

Terrible point made. Statistically, most Americans cannot drive a manual transmission. I guess a lot of us need to get a real daily driver.

I don't see why you couldn't daily his car. It can raise up to get into steep driveways and over speed bumps, it's easier to work on then my M5, and has plenty of room for storage. Seems plenty practical to me.

LA chapter BMW CCA autocross CDI
    www.bmwclubla.org

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    I'd rather ruin a car enjoying it than having it perfect sitting in a garage all the time.

Show cars are for pussies.

agreed x10000

This is why I can never get a long with the majority of classic muscle car guys. Many of them that I have met drive there cars for 30 minutes a week, will NEVER even do a little burnout, trailer them to shows etc.

Show cars = weak

Props on your style and your E9!

My Cars
    E21, E28, E30, E83
    Love it. All of it.

funny that so many people just don't understand the concept of airride.

My Cars
    98 m3 vert,89 325i vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardine

agreed x10000

This is why I can never get a long with the majority of classic muscle car guys. Many of them that I have met drive there cars for 30 minutes a week, will NEVER even do a little burnout, trailer them to shows etc.

Show cars = weak

Props on your style and your E9!
    My dad trailers this cuda to shows but thats because he only gets 2 miles to the gallon out of the 426ci small block.

My Cars
    87 L6, '11 Golf TDI
    Quote Originally Posted by acolella76 View Post
    Really? You realize that the 'promotions' on that car FUND the car and the racing that it was built to do. It wasn't built for the purpose of being a mobile billboard.
    How in God's name does this make any sense? Race cars are mobile billboards, plain and simple. That's the reason why Red Bull has the fastest F1 cars, why Ferrari partners with Shell. It's the reason why NASCAR drivers ALWAYS mention their sponsors, and why HRT has "Your name could be here!" on the empty spots on those backmarkers they call their F1 cars.

I love how you make snide comments about stanceworks, about the car being broken and stupid when you saw it, etc, but you didn't have the guts to say in person that you didn't like it. No, you waited till you were behind your computer screen to voice your negative opinion. WTF, it's like if it's not a S50 swapped e30 it's not worth crap to the GA bf.c crew. No wonder everyone in ATL gives Mike crap about his cars, or Ryan crap for wanting to swap an M30B35 into his e30. Nobody in Atlanta can appreciate anything that's different from their ideal.

Ol Dirty Bastard - Build Thread

My Cars
    BMWs
    Its whatever he wants to do. I just don't agree with the comment about it not being a show car when its on air suspension. Air suspension that puts the wheel up in the body is for show because you cannot drive like that - if it weren't for show it'd look like a jaguar XJ8

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Its whatever he wants to do. I just don't agree with the comment about it not being a show car when its on air suspension. Air suspension that puts the wheel up in the body is for show because you cannot drive like that - if it weren't for show it'd look like a jaguar XJ8
    Of course you can drive it like that, it just makes sparks everywhere.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Of course you can drive it like that, it just makes sparks everywhere.
    Oh don't get me wrong. In high school I worked @ Jaguar/Land Rover - we had people come in all the time with their XJR's on failed air suspension throwing sparks... it just resulted in unibody damage I think after market air suspension is for show cars - you surely wouldn't put that on a race car and its not factory, so... It is what it is.

My Cars
    2000 4runner
    Just because you drive it every day does not make the car a "daily driver".

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 COUPE
    love it.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman12 View Post
    I'm with him. I drive my E34 "every day" that I want to. If my other cars were down I could drive it every day. But 95% of the people on this forum wouldn't want to. But, that's why the term means nothing. In the big turbo outlaw drag car world a "daily driver" is a car with headlights and brakelights - it may have a passenger seat full of intercooler and a 25.5 roll cage... but its a "driver" because it can roll down the street.

Obviously its a relative term.

My Cars
    driveway.jpg
    Okay, I understand that. But it's actually my daily driver, as in I drive it every day, because I don't have another car to drive right now.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Okay, I understand that. But it's actually my daily driver, as in I drive it every day, because I don't have another car to drive right now.
    Well that's sorta different Necessity vs choice, ya know.

My Cars
    2000 4runner
    looks killer Mike, but i do think the RS's suited the car better. Never thought I'd think 17s looked too small on a car that old

can't wait to see what the next setup is

My Cars
    03 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman12 View Post
    looks killer Mike, but i do think the RS's suited the car better. Never thought I'd think 17s looked too small on a car that old

can't wait to see what the next setup is
    they do sorta look small, I thought I was the only one heh..

My Cars
    E46 M3, E36 M3, E70 35D
    I can respect that everyone has an opinion. However, can someone please explain to me why people feel the need get so bent out of shape about this? It's Mike's car. Not anybody elses. If he came to your house and did this to your car when you were sleeping, and you did not like it, I could understand you being upset. But he is not doing that. He is doing it to his car. And if you don't like looking at it? There is a button somewhere on your screen or a key combination on your keyboard that will take you back to the previous screen. I would suggest you use it!
    I used to have a picture of an E30 here.
    E46 M3 Vert <> E36 M3 Crew Cab Track Car <> E70 35D <> Jason's YouTube

My Cars
    07 Mazda 3s 5dr
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad E36 View Post
    It's on air. It can be at any height he pleases.
    So why take a picture at such a visually displeasing ride height?

My Cars
    2015 X1 & 2000 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackxc925 View Post
    because stancecar?

My Cars
    Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by jackxc925 View Post
    I agree, Mike's car needs more santa hat.

My Cars
    85 eta, 59 austin healey
    Your "friends" tell me you were way cooler before you started hanging with Halston and became a douchebag, but I'll respond anyway. I modded it the way I wanted to, and yes, I go to shows/meets. Isn't that what we all do? So are all cars show cars? Don't be retarded.
    I somehow knew you were going to resort to personal attacks. Which is funny, because I could say the same about them after hanging out with you. But I won't because I do not act like a teenage girl.

Oh well, arguing is pointless. It looks good, I just liked it before you went full low and got new wheels. I just hope you don't rust it and chop the top, it's just too clean for that.

My progress thread | BMW CCA #434464 |The Sprite

My Cars
    ///M's and Turbo's
    Lookin good Mike.
    "Rhode Island... ruining BMW's since 2007"
    1995 M3 part out: Mint Rolling Chasis-Mint, Heated black Vaders-m50 w/ARP2k, mls .140- boost logic manifold, gt30, tbe- BNIB BC Coils- etc etc:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1#post26197731

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast