Thread: HELP! cruise control not working-speed sensor not working

My Cars
    2004 E46 M3, 2001 E46 330ci, 1993 E36 325is

HELP! cruise control not working-speed sensor not working

anybody know anything about this. i just hooked up my pioneer navigation and everything was running fine until one day it said that the vehicle speed sensor pulse was not detected. i figured maybe the wire came undone so I redid it and it still didn't work. I said big deal, the nav still works off the satellite so i'm fine. today i was driving and i noticed that my wipers weren't going at a constant speed in the second setting. it was intermittent. then i noticed that my OBC speed wasn't reading anything and my fuel consumption on the obc wasn't reading anything. After that, i tried to put the cruise control on and that didn't work either.

I checked the fuse box and didn't come up with anything. i checked the cruise control fuse and it looked fine. anybody got any ideas?

My Cars
    bmw 325iSE 91 e36 117k
    sorry no help here !!!!!! but from the looks of your posts the wiring on your car needs looking at seriously......

a wet day but nice pic!!!!!!!

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    The sending units DO fail. It may be as simple as replacing the sending unit, it's located on the back of the diff.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!

My Cars
    2004 E46 M3, 2001 E46 330ci, 1993 E36 325is
    do you think that could be it. I'm getting no speed signal to my obc, my nav unit, my radio or my cruise control. does the diff signal feed those units. The speedo is still getting a signal though. does that mean anything? thanks for you help bimmer95.

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 1966 Mustang 2+2 - 2003 Z4
    If your speedo is still working, then no, that isn't your problem. It's possible that whoever spliced in to the wiring for the nav/whatever used a shitty butt-connector instead of soldering the connection and it has come apart.
    www.understeer.com
    Your source for:
    Stromung|UUC|Eurosport|Hawk|H&R|Koni|Apexcone HID|Short Shift Kits|and more
    UUC Evo3 SSKs are IN STOCK - free 2-Day shipping!