Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Area Mechanics & Dealers

My Cars
    '14 320i, '19 X5 50i
    I had better luck with BMW of Towson than Passport BMW.
    2014 BMW 320i << Ben >> 2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i

My Cars
    '96 328is (R.I.P.)
    I have had nothing but great experiences with Martin Motorsports in Alexandria. That is an honest shop and they take care of you.

http://www.martinmotorsportsinc.com/
    used to have a bmw...

My Cars
    95 M3
    D&J Auto Care
    1100 W. 41st Street
    Baltimore MD 21211
    410 889 6536

These guys do all the alignment work for Don Miller at Blue Ridge. Their alignment tech is very flexible with setting up different settings, working with camber plates and rear camber arms. He took the time to adjust the trailing arms to get rear toe in spec. None of the chain places will touch that. The best part - $69.99. Doesn't matter what kind of adjustments you need, the price is all the same. Their alignment bay is in a separate housing, so you can go in there watch them do it.

Also, D&J has a body/welding shop. My trunk latch had ripped apart, so I asked them to weld it back in. Their welder is top notch. He meticulously reconstruction the broken mounts without burning thru the back of the trunk. They painted it up too, so it looks completely normal now. I wish I had taken before and after pics, the mounting points were absolutely destroyed!! All this also done on the cheap (less than $100 for 2 hours).

Use these guys for bodywork/alignment, and Don Miller at Blue Ridge can handle every other part on your cars. There's no better combo. Hands down the best value in MD/DC/VA...I swear.
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s

Deutsch American

I have gone there before and they were quite satisfactory. I use Rosemont Auto in Frederick for stuff like fluid changes and basic service.
    ~Phil
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    Hondas, a RWD Scion
    I know I'm one of the few with the internet out in the Hagerstown area, but does anyone happen to know any worthwhile BMW/foreign car mechanics near Hagerstown?

It would be most convenient for me, but I have gotten used to putting miles on my car just to have reliable and acceptable service. I'd rather sacrifice a few more miles on my car than having bad service.

With that said... any suggestions?

My Cars
    2011 1M
    Ed York (York Automotive) in Mt Airy isn't all that far. He on the list and is very good.

Neil
    MDORPHN - 2011 Alpine White 1 Series M Coupe w/stuff

My Cars
    08 550i, 95 M3

Road Race Technologies (RRT)

Road Race Technologies (RRT) has finally moved into our new facility. Our brand new shop enables us to offer you:

-Performance and maintenance for your street car
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -installation of RRT and other top performance parts
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -general maintenance

-Full race car building and preparation
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -top of the line cages
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -customized suspension packages
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -engine development

-Race car maintenance and track preparation
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -nut and bolt checks before race weekends
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -corner weighting
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -spring and damper testing
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -tire mounting and balancing

If your in the area feel free to stop by.

My Cars
    98 prelude,96 POS chevy monte carlo
    Eurospeed Motor Sport

Location Info:
    1414 Ritchie Marlboro Road, Capitol Heights, MD 20743
    98 fbp prelude SH: dc cch,aem cai & pullies, randomtech cat, greddy evo exhuast,eibach pro kit springs looking to purchase 05 M3

My Cars
    '00 323i
    Central PA Private Mechanic:

Jacks Auto and Aero
    237 Race Street
    Bainbridge, PA 17502
    (717) 426-2336

He's very good and precise about what he does. Makes sure the job is done right and doesnt rip you off like the dealers.

Any specific questions please feel free to ask me. I know him very well.

My Cars
    ?
    I've also had nothing but great service from Gary at Martin Motorsports. If you live in NoVa, you should definitely check him out. He's honest and goes out of his way to keep you as a customer. Coming from a racing background, he knows how to fix your car and how to keep it fast.

MEC

My Cars
    1991 318is x 2
    http://acs-md.com/
    great shop

My Cars
    04 M3
    Today I tried calling Bavarian Alexandria, and basically got bitch smacked over the phone...

All I got out was "Can you do..." and I get this scold "No Oil Changes!," and the f*cker hangs up on me....I wasn't even asking for a damn oil change you idiot. Oh well I'll never call them again.

I don't recommend anyone else does either.

My Cars
    1995 Blk/Blk/Vader M3

Be careful !

Be careful !

Blue Ridge Sports Cars
    Don Miller - Owner
    1796 Union Ave.
    Baltimore, MD 21211
    410-662-4746

I was reffered to Don by two people at an autocross.
    Don, said it would be one price, then another which was higher but then it ended by going up again once I got there. It was way higher than what Don quoted me. When confronted about this he and his secretary got NASTY. I wont go back there.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow 3
    Today I tried calling Bavarian Alexandria, and basically got bitch smacked over the phone...

All I got out was "Can you do..." and I get this scold "No Oil Changes!," and the f*cker hangs up on me....I wasn't even asking for a damn oil change you idiot. Oh well I'll never call them again.

Weird. I have an Alexandria Bavarian oil change sticker on my car right now. I wonder if they're doing so well that they can turn away customers at the drop of a hat? Hell, I wonder if they'll see my car again.

I called them once to ask about a valve adjustment on an M20, and the guy on the phone didn't know what an M20 was. kthxbye.

My Cars
    '00 BMW MCoupe, '06 Mazda3 sT HB
    Quote Originally Posted by wludavid
    Weird. I have an Alexandria Bavarian oil change sticker on my car right now. I wonder if they're doing so well that they can turn away customers at the drop of a hat? Hell, I wonder if they'll see my car again.

I called them once to ask about a valve adjustment on an M20, and the guy on the phone didn't know what an M20 was. kthxbye.

Nah, the guy running the place over there is like the Soup nazi. you get this & only this move along.

It's like a velvet rope for car service. Except 1 in 100 get in.
    '00S52 RETIRED

'07 Silver Gray E86 MCoupe

My Cars
    90' 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow 3

is alexandria bavarian really a race oriented shop? I am getting the feeling that this Gary place is much better...i wanna get into coilovers, exhaust, n stuff
    ...CHIP

My Cars
    90' 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleM
    Okay so I sorta got an answer for this place.
    I called to ask them about doing a fluid change & joke about trying to do an Inspection 1 "on the cheap".
    The person on the phone said, "I really don't want you as a customer...you better find some1 else."

Okay...1st impression are everything esp in business.
    if you look at their web site: alexandriabavarian.com you will notice that it sais: "there is no sign for identifying the shop...they do not advertise and run only on a word of mouth business"....all im saying is that, the man probobly didnt feel like having a problem customer or something like that.....it seems like this bavarian place already has a very set order of customers which they are used to dealing with.

My Cars
    02 BMW 330XI
    If you are near the Ft. Meade / Ann Arundel area,
    www.4induktion.com is the place to go.
    Very professional and Excellent service as well.
    Last edited by jpark74; 08-13-2005 at 04:25 AM.

My Cars
    '00 BMW MCoupe, '06 Mazda3 sT HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Perculator00
    if you look at their web site: alexandriabavarian.com you will notice that it sais: "there is no sign for identifying the shop...they do not advertise and run only on a word of mouth business"....all im saying is that, the man probobly didnt feel like having a problem customer or something like that.....it seems like this bavarian place already has a very set order of customers which they are used to dealing with.
    I know...but still not the textbook 101 way of running & growing a business. But apparently it works for him but not for many.
    '00S52 RETIRED

'07 Silver Gray E86 MCoupe

My Cars
    90' 325is
    what/which service departments are the best as far as service and honesty around the Northern VA region?

My Cars
    87 325is, 00 323iT
    Bavarian Specialties (great racecar and street car shop)
    King Of Prussia, PA
    610 277 6037

VAC Motorsports (great racecar and street car shop)
    2515 Snyder Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19145
    (215) 462 - 4666
    (866) 714 - 2002

Piper Motorsport (Outstanding Cage Work)
    8393 Euclid Avenue, Unit Q
    Manassas, VA 20111
    (703)530-0353

My Cars
    #199 IP BMWCCA
    Youve also got RRT near here... nice having such resources so close to you!

http://www.roadracetech.com (near Dulles)
    Eric WONGer
    2012 NASA Nationals GTS3 First Loser
    EX-#121 IP/GTS3 M3 SOLD
    Now-#121 GTS3 E46 M3

My Cars
    90' 325is
    i meant to say what BMW dealerships are good and honest around the Northern VA, DC...area/

My Cars
    E30&E90 M3 & E46 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by Perculator00
    i meant to say what BMW dealerships are good and honest around the Northern VA, DC...area/

We highly recomend Sterling BMW. Great facility and people. They mostly deal with 2000 and newer BMWs. If you are looking for another alternative we also do a lot of maintenance work as that is one of our specialties.

Barry
    Road Race Technologies
    703-661-4222
    www.roadracetech.com

My Cars
    1997 M3/4
    I wish I found this forum / thread two weeks ago. Would have saved me some stress.

In any case, I found a shop in Frederick that specializes in BMW, Audi, SAAB, and other European makes.

Carriage House Automotive
    18 Wormans Mill Ct.
    Frederick, MD 21701
    (301) 694-8030

I had a brake job done on all 4 corners last week. Labor was reasonable at $120 / axle. He was more than willing to use the performance pads I inherited from the previous owner. All in all, it was a good experience. I'll be taking the car there from now on unless I hear rants and raves about another Hagerstown / Frederick area shop.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast