Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob Drift Build :) - E36 turbo

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Nice.

Where can one purchase that engine cover?

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post
    Nice.

Where can one purchase that engine cover?
    contact multiplex (Jay) or 5mall5snail5 (jon). They make them

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    e34 528i/5
    Very nice sir!

My Cars
    85 318i
    Mike
    You could weld on 90* elbow on the compressor housing, that will raise the IC piping higher and help clear the tire.
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by good & tight View Post
    Mike
    You could weld on 90* elbow on the compressor housing, that will raise the IC piping higher and help clear the tire.

I'm going to move it inside the frame rail otis. My tire is much bigger than I estimated No worries!

-Mike

reclocked the turbo to inside the frame rails

off to fabricationnnn! should be done in the morning

underestimated the size of a 4'x8' lexan sheet lol... just picked up the window material in the good 'ol E34 turbo workhorse

should be able to work on fitting the front bumper and cutting the rear 3 windows tomorrow when i get the car back home

Scheduled for front glass install on Monday

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 10-21-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    97' 328i, 82 Fuego Turbo
    Hey mike, I have a 328 and I want to turbo it, I have no problems with the mechanicals, but I'm not really knowledgeable about the computer stuff, and seeing as you have a turbo, I was curious how you program your ecu? I'm not trying to spend a pile of money, If I have to buy software or something that's fine, but taking it to someone would turn too expensive I think. What did you do? Thanks

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by woah4 View Post
    Hey mike, I have a 328 and I want to turbo it, I have no problems with the mechanicals, but I'm not really knowledgeable about the computer stuff, and seeing as you have a turbo, I was curious how you program your ecu? I'm not trying to spend a pile of money, If I have to buy software or something that's fine, but taking it to someone would turn too expensive I think. What did you do? Thanks
    hey, My car is tuned by TRM: www.racersmarket.net They send you a MAF, chip tune, and injectors all calibrated to work together, and will do tune revisions based on logs you send them. Car idles flawlessly, and runs strong

-Mike

My Cars
    97' 328i, 82 Fuego Turbo
    Awesome thanks! Any experience with the multitune? It is cheaper at $175 and a turbo map at $650 on top of that.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by woah4 View Post
    Awesome thanks! Any experience with the multitune? It is cheaper at $175 and a turbo map at $650 on top of that.
    the multitune is something you add on top of their tuning package, it is not a cheaper replacement. It allows you to swap between multiple tunes on the fly.

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 10-23-2011 at 12:42 PM.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    fab is done. will work on the lexan and other crap sometime this week but busy with school and work yet again. (at work now )

IC pipe is inside the frame rail, 2-3" of clearance at full lock. Exhaust is all hooked up and wg dump tube is done as well. Waiting on a hood, need to do the lexan, get a windshield put in it, mount the front bumper, run wg lines, finish turn signal wiring, mount the dash, rebleed the brakes with someone pumping since they still feel meh, etc. etc. etc.

Soon!

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 10-23-2011 at 10:17 PM.

My Cars
    07 335i 6mt,M3 drifter
    pure sex! got the exhaust on already i see! drifting like a champ soon!

M52B28,S52 cams,UUC UDPs,M50 Manifold,M3 Exhaust,3.23 LSD and rokkor coilovers

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by driftin07 View Post
    pure sex! got the exhaust on already i see! drifting like a champ soon!
    thanks!

we'll see about the champ part drifting at least

(also waiting on the SLR angle kit... and then that means I have to do my fender flares... mehhhh)

-Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    one more

-Mike

got the spal fan wired in and relayed. couple pics

tons o clearance

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 10-24-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    98 328is
    awesome progress!

My Cars
    right now, nothing
    I love you for this, well done... well done (hand shake)
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 03-26-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    95 325is.
    nice job!, no aluminum rad?

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisanda View Post
    nice job!, no aluminum rad?
    nah just an S54 for now. I've had pretty good luck with it, but the plan is to get a giant Griffin unit soon. Just running this for now

-Mike

My Cars
    right now, nothing
    I hope you know if you don't post a video up soon you WILL be shunned.

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    I need your address homie, I was at FedEx todya but couldn't find your address in any of our emails.

Lemme know,

-Sean

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I need your address homie, I was at FedEx todya but couldn't find your address in any of our emails.

Lemme know,

-Sean
    emailed!

-Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    well got a couple more things done. Plumbed the WG properly and tightened it (wasn't tight the other day when I left fab shop, which I knew since I had to pull the DP anyway to plumb it). Turns out a 1 piece exhaust is a PITA to install by yourself, even with jackstands and all sorts of tools.... I'll definitely have it v-banded soon into several smaller sections..

finished all the lighting wiring... my turn signals were being a PITA so i caved and decided to use a dash-mounted toggle switch for them as opposed to the stock BMW stalk, but later found out with a multimeter that the "power wire" I had running to the switch didn't have +12 V at all times... not sure why not but I just ran my own wire from the front batt. block to a 30A fuse, to a 3 toggle switch for the signals. The painless wiring kit came with 2 flashers so I used those. Then only had rear signals working, so cut the wires for the signals coming from the bay going to the fuse block and just wired them directly to the flashers, since I have no idea what was going on, but my own solution works better anyway.

So now I have all my legal lights working, and my full exhaust is on, so I am going to get a windshield put in the car tomorrow, bleed the brakes with my buddy to see if I can get a better pedal, wire up the diff speed signal, and see if it will pass a sniffer test with no cat and a 4" turboback.... The results will be interesting even if it doesn't pass. I'm wondering how much of a difference a high-flow cat really makes, considering a really good tune. Last inspection my car blew 4 Hc out of a legal max of 220 Hc. Only 4 with a 3" high flow cat. I'm thinking it may be under 220, even without a cat and essentially a straight pipe 4". We'll see.

The list:

windshield, brakes, lexan, bumper mounts, diff speed to ECU and MXL, cut, aerocatch on hood, lots and lots of WOT.

There is an auto-x next sunday, nov 6. If all goes perfectly from now until then, I may be able to get some shakedown runs in and see if I have any major issues to sort out. As of now, I've only driven it around the neighborhood twice at low speed/low rpm... feels light and responsive, but there's only so much you can do with a windowless racecar and not cause trouble on 30mph streets.

Ok, that's it for my novel, on to one pic I leave you with. My super special zip tied dash, after all the wiring behind there is finally done. Still need to cut some alum. brackets for mounting the switch panel up just beneath the dash there, but I'll do that later this weekend.

-Mike

My Cars
    E36 & E46
    Amazing.....
    So I need to ask (and sorry if I missed it), but what is your total cost of build up to now?? O_O

My Cars
    95 M3, 07 Titan, 96 XJ
    sick

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
    Daily E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.790 :: 1/8th - 8.20 :: MPH - 84.68 :: 1/4 - 12.81 :: MPH - 107.05
    *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95
    Cool2seat's TTstg1 E36 M3 - 60ft - 2.123 :: 1/8th - 8.44 :: MPH - 87.71 :: 1/4 - 12.94 :: MPH - 107.95

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by rsy124 View Post
    Amazing.....
    So I need to ask (and sorry if I missed it), but what is your total cost of build up to now?? O_O
    I don't know, 50k? A lot of expensive parts were swapped from my black car, which I've been building for 3-4 years.

-Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    well got a couple things done over the past 2 days. pictarz

getting ready to load on the trailer and go get a windshield installed

decided to cut my own lexan windows, if you've been following this thread you already know that. First of all, make sure you have a LOT of patience before doing this. LOTS of test fit, mark, cut, test fit, mark, cut, etc. etc. Took me like 7 hours today just to do the rear window.. but finally it's done. Pics of the process/progress:

Rough cut , first cut 50"x30" sheet, then laid it on the car and started marking the corners and curves, etc. etc. Rear opening is 49" max by 29" max, but it curves so you have a lot of trimming to do as you go.

riveting

gf trying to rivet, she can't push hard enough lol

finished product, can't really even tell there is anything there because it's clean-ish but it's there.

rear bumper back on

front bumper roughly in place. Need to make some better mounts or change up my underpanel setup. just zip tied for now

That's it for the Fri-Sat. Maybe more progress tomorrow, but I'm not really looking forward to cutting the 1/4 windows lol

-Mike

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast