Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 164156575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1844

Thread: Noob Drift Build :) - E36 turbo

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Mike, how much extra clearance does it give you when you take the little heat shield off your valve cover? bet they didnt take that into consideration, or the coilpacks when mocking this thing up. I can understand the frustration after spending that kind of money on custom parts for it to not fit. Hope you can resolve the issue soon.

-Cory

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by derrty30 View Post
    Mike, how much extra clearance does it give you when you take the little heat shield off your valve cover? bet they didnt take that into consideration, or the coilpacks when mocking this thing up. I can understand the frustration after spending that kind of money on custom parts for it to not fit. Hope you can resolve the issue soon.

-Cory
    That was exactly it. It was miscommunication. The fabricator was told I was not running OEM coil packs (which I am) and was not told about the heat shield that I run there. Without the coil packs, heat shield, or any exhaust wrap, it'll fit. (With the WG pipe laying on the valve cover stub up front that I assume I have to cut also). Since I intend to get this thing really really hot for extended periods and I'm running stock coil packs, it's probably in my best interest to just move the WG pipe away from that area. Then I have plenty of room for exhaust wrap, etc.

Front gate fits nicely though:

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    98' Hellrot M3
    Damn!, amazing work. This build just gets better and better!!!!

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Diff is rebuilt and back in the subframe, along with the upper control arms. Replacing the upper, outer ball joints then the rear end can all go back in the car

Front diff bolt break? Never.

Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Getting motivated. Here are some throwback pictures from when I first put it together in 2011. Soon, soon!

More progress:

Not quite as pretty right now as it was 4 years ago:

Mike

My Cars
    Too many to list...
    It's crazy to think it was that long ago!

Doug

'97 M3/4

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by douglee25 View Post
    It's crazy to think it was that long ago!

Doug
    Time flies when you're having fun!

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    A little fuel system work today.

Rallyroad.net fuel rail
    115# bosch injectors with OBD2 RK Tunes

Will be making some brackets to hold the line off of the manifold for no rubbing.

Mike

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    Looks great, stainless lines are business!! I need to get with you for some pricing or quotes sometime soon.

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    none
    gold heat tape makes it look so cool, i really want some hahah. on a more serious note, is that front diff bolt coming in from the passenger side of the diff and not through the front? I'm assuming you had to cut the subframe up and add that bracket?

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e30 394 View Post
    gold heat tape makes it look so cool, i really want some hahah. on a more serious note, is that front diff bolt coming in from the passenger side of the diff and not through the front? I'm assuming you had to cut the subframe up and add that bracket?
    Yeah that is the CES conversion bracket to run the E32 750i 210 diff. You weld that to the subframe. It bolts in with 2 bolts from the passenger side instead, and you cut out the front bushing mount.

Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Some more progress today:

18x10.5+0 vs 18x8.5+35:

Tube adapter to AN on the fuel lines:

Some surge tank fittings. The rest of the Aeroquip -6 teflon should be here tomorrow to finish the fuel system entirely:

Still working on some interior panels. Sparco Pro2000 driver's seat and R325 suede wheel fitted for this year:

More tomorrow, thanks for looking!

Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    More progress - surge tank is fully plumbed. Just need some line brackets and another fuel filter and some re-routing and it's ready to go.

Mike

My Cars
    '96 328i vert
    Hey Mike you have a kill switch on your hood right? Can you shed any light/photos on the wiring?

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Little more rearranging to allow the lines to nicely go through the plate I envisioned. This setup with a bulkhead over the rear seat cover (.059" alum or .036" steel) should be completely FD legal (at least fuel system wise) if I want to go that route later.

And the center panel finished up:

Thanks for looking!

Mike

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Looks good man, clean and simple
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    325i
    Hi Mike, Been watching this build since day one, good luck in V2, and hope to see you soon in FD series, what is your thoughts about the CAE shifter is it the ultimate , since you tried the UUC and AKG earlier.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by k,elnazer View Post
    Hi Mike, Been watching this build since day one, good luck in V2, and hope to see you soon in FD series, what is your thoughts about the CAE shifter is it the ultimate , since you tried the UUC and AKG earlier.
    I think the CAE is the best shifter you can buy for a stock transmission E36. The return to center springs totally eliminate the need for doing any detent repairs on worn transmissions as the shifter is always held in center. Also they have adjustable "gate stops" so you can lockout 5th gear, so in drift going 2->3 on the upshift you won't accidentally hit 5th and bog (I've done this... it SUCKS.) Also has a reverse lockout collar so you can't accidentally slip left towards the R gate when going 1->2 upshift really really fast. I love it and think it's worth every penny. 2-3 shifts are much more confident in drift now, and this is a very common shift for me with my gearing setup so it's important it's a reliable shift. The CAE ensures that.

Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Gorilla is at the bodyshop now for some paint (getting rid of that god awful plastidip) and fixing up a few little things to make it more presentable. Going to be adding back some mouldings, window trim, etc. to see if we can make it look a little more like a professional car instead of a home-brew-e36

Mike

My Cars
    97 bmw 320, 94 bmwm3
    any progress?
    do you run a main cap girdle btw?

they are very common in europe on high hp builds, but I cannot recall seeing anyone in the US use one.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by s50b30 View Post
    any progress?

they are very common in europe on high hp builds, but I cannot recall seeing anyone in the US use one.

Please fill me in on this! I have been very interested in finding ways to combat the high rpm harmonic issues. Or maybe some links to other people using them?

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by s50b30 View Post
    any progress?

No I don't. I wish I could afford IE billet main caps and their integrated girdle. I should've stopped by last time I was in SLC, UT and tried to make friends

You are correct though, those who use girdles in the US certainly don't post about it. I still consider this engine's goals somewhat modest, despite the turbo hardware. We will see how "reliable" it can be at 800whp, or rather how short the service intervals are

Not much progress otherwise. Trailer was stolen from our shop last weekend. Probably in Mexico by now.

EFR9180 on the way. Should be here next week.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 06-06-2015 at 09:34 AM.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Some more pictures to keep this updated. EFR9180 is in!

Waiting on the bodyshop still... Also going on vacation with my family to Europe next month for a last trip with my Opa before he is unable to go anymore (he's 87). We're trying to take advantage of the opportunity while we all can go before we get too busy and schedules won't line up like this for a long time, so the car will be on hold until mid August or so. I can't hardly wait to drive it! E85 fueled EFR goodness.

Mike

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Paint pics paint pics!!!!

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    96 328IS, 08 IB E92 M3
    That EFR is purtyyyyyy!

Holy water plumbing batman. lol. Curious to see if water cooling the WG's solves your issues.
    Anthony Bartolini
    Loki Motorsports
    -2008 A30 E92 M3 6MT-
    -1996 328is Drift Car-
    Stock Internal M52
    M50 Manifold
    PTE 6262, ARP's, .140 MLS
    OBX T4 Top Mount
    Tial 44mm MVR
    Tial Q 50mm
    Open Dump Love <3

Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 164156575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast