Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1338535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1844

Thread: Noob Drift Build :) - E36 turbo

My Cars
    1995 325i sedan
    Woohoo the Vanilla Gorilla is back!

-Taylor

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Just read every single post from this, and I am really glad to say that a whole lot of my build is reflecting this

question-
    When switching spring rates for more grip in the rear, why did you also drop the front spring rate? Thanks! Awesome build.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by rowleym View Post
    Just read every single post from this, and I am really glad to say that a whole lot of my build is reflecting this

question-
    When switching spring rates for more grip in the rear, why did you also drop the front spring rate? Thanks! Awesome build.
    450 F was the recommendation I got from Chelsea DeNofa for the sweet spot on an E36. If you make the rear softer only and keep the front stiff, you're going to get some weird handling as the front stiffness dictates somewhat what happens in the rear. With a 550 R spring rate, the wheel rate is significantly lower. I was attempting to match wheel rates approximately when changing spring rate. (670/890 to 450/550) I didn't really want to change the ratio of front/rear stiffness too much as I liked the way the car handled previously, I just wanted to try it a bit softer for more forward bite. (And it worked!)

And thanks for the compliments! I'm really excited for later this year!

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Now that was one hell of a reply. Thanks for the explanation. I understand completely now.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Hey guys, no specific updates on the vanilla gorilla at the moment, other than AR design is working on my new manifold right now.

I did want to share a little info though about my girlfriend's S13 drift build, as she is getting sponsored currently by a shop in Houston on her S13. I'm beyond stoked for her as I'm going to get to drive it!

Basic rundown of what she's getting, which is a ridiculous build:
    -Dry sump LS3
    -Rear mount Z06 trans
    -full cage
    -coilovers, stitch welding, etc.
    -air jacks
    -Haltech standalone
    -Racepak IQ3
    -ITBs

The car is going to make like 600+ hp and is going to be absolutely nuts to drive. I'm going to get some significant seat time and video in it too, so I can't wait to share that with you guys in a month or two. Currently the car is stripped and prepping for the cage, and parts are showing up each day now.

The same shop is also likely going to sponsor me with a TKO or something mega-beefy in my M3 if things work out

Shout out to Soul Function Motorsports in Houston. The owner has a racing Le-mans / prototype background and seems to really know his stuff, so I'm super excited to see how it turns out!

Updates to come! We're heading down this weekend to get the driver position sized for her properly. Luckily we'll have adjustable seat rails and things so I can fit too How's THAT for a first drift car? LOL Luckily our tracks in Texas don't have any walls..

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 04-03-2014 at 01:12 PM.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    wtf

My Cars
    98 328is
    FIRST!!! drift car? the

im jealous
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 07-17-2014 at 02:53 AM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post
    wtf
    This about sums it up.

My Cars
    Slow e36
    Let me have the air jacks, she doesn't need it haha

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Congrats on the great news about your GF. Advise with the air jacks bring a nitrogen tank or two with 2 high pressure hoses. Always throw jacks under the car after lifting it. The air jacks can release pressure at random times after disconnecting the feed line.

Can't wait to see the white beast come out to play again!

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimDoc View Post
    Congrats on the great news about your GF. Advise with the air jacks bring a nitrogen tank or two with 2 high pressure hoses. Always throw jacks under the car after lifting it. The air jacks can release pressure at random times after disconnecting the feed line.

Can't wait to see the white beast come out to play again!
    Thanks for the tips! The air jacks will only be used for quick tire changes at drift events. Any serious work that requires being under the car will have full jackstands underneath it.

The gorilla's new manifold is just about done from AR Design. I think they are still working on the downpipe and wastegate dumps for the S366. I'm investigating which cams and CR i'm going with. I'm thinking 10.5 or 11:1 and bigger cams for 7600-7800 rpm with a damper. Slowly but surely..

Here's a built TKO at Soul Function that I'm trying to get them to sponsor me with... I'm told it was a viper box that is now a dog box with a bunch of upgrades

Drool....

Mike

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post

Thanks for the tips! The air jacks will only be used for quick tire changes at drift events. Any serious work that requires being under the car will have full jackstands underneath it.

The gorilla's new manifold is just about done from AR Design. I think they are still working on the downpipe and wastegate dumps for the S366. I'm investigating which cams and CR i'm going with. I'm thinking 10.5 or 11:1 and bigger cams for 7600-7800 rpm with a damper. Slowly but surely..

Here's a built TKO at Soul Function that I'm trying to get them to sponsor me with... I'm told it was a viper box that is now a dog box with a bunch of upgrades

Drool....

Mike
    Holy balls dream engine tranny combo there.

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Hey Mike
    Awsome work man. what turbo kit do you have on that engine. i have the a European spec 3.2 E36 M3 engine and planning to add a turbo for extra power

My Cars
    97' E36M3 11' e92 lsxm3
    you have any footage of your GF driving in a drift event or tandem action since you never have posted any of that??? Keep the drift alive mike...
    fun to have read thru so many stages/changes of you building and driving this beast... Good read and great build quality.. i hope you keep enjoying it..

have you ever battled with your GF driving yet? in competition or for fun?

- - - Updated - - -

what brand coils are you running front and rear?
    Castro Motorsports
    SLR Speed, Spec Clutch, Fuel Injector Connection, Turbojoe Tuned, Socal Sidewayz, Motorsport Hardware, StreetFighter_LA
    instagram @jefgroffaction

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FRacing View Post
    you have any footage of your GF driving in a drift event or tandem action since you never have posted any of that??? Keep the drift alive mike...
    fun to have read thru so many stages/changes of you building and driving this beast... Good read and great build quality.. i hope you keep enjoying it..

have you ever battled with your GF driving yet? in competition or for fun?

- - - Updated - - -

what brand coils are you running front and rear?
    My girlfriend is still learning and hasn't competed yet, thus no footage. We will have some in a few months when her LSX 240 is finished

Meanwhile.... I went off the deep end and had AR design build something evil

Can't wait to rip this thing!!

Mike

My Cars
    2002 325i

You are crazy haha, I love it!
    | BAGGEDE46 |

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Mike
    Question... How the hell did your girlfriend get such a generous sponsorship if she has never competed???

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by audioscience10 View Post
    Mike
    Question... How the hell did your girlfriend get such a generous sponsorship if she has never competed???
    She owns/runs a non-profit which hosts car meets all across Texas for various charities; autism, breast cancer, etc. http://ccmcares.wordpress.com/

This shop in houston, Soul Function Motorsports found her and love what she does for a good cause, so they decided to sponsor her and she can help get their name out across Texas as well.

I just can't wait to drive it

Mike

My Cars
    e34s
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    Can't wait to rip this thing!!

Mike
    So sick, the way a street/race car should be. Loud and fearsome.
    Last edited by fleshovel; 06-03-2014 at 06:27 AM.

My Cars
    96 M3
    Dude, How do you get the rear so low without the toe being pushed out. I had to raise my car back up in the rear because with the tow adjusted all the way in, I still had tons of tow out with zero camber. I need to get the rear of my car lower but Im not going to sacrifice tow for it.

My Cars
    Slow e36
    Quote Originally Posted by sdipompo View Post
    Dude, How do you get the rear so low without the toe being pushed out. I had to raise my car back up in the rear because with the tow adjusted all the way in, I still had tons of tow out with zero camber. I need to get the rear of my car lower but Im not going to sacrifice tow for it.
    See page 56, my bro and I are in the process of doing the same thing

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DjTyfighter View Post
    See page 56, my bro and I are in the process of doing the same thing
    +1 Plasma cutter, some square steel plate, and some welding. I modified the RTAB brackets for more toe-in at stupid low ride height and 0 camber. I can get like 0.70* in per side after the mod. 1.4* toe-in total if wanted. I only run around .30* per side atm. Tons of toe-in seems to increase tire wear a ton and make it more uneven for me.

Mike

My Cars
    96 M3
    So basically you cut the dimple out if the inside portion of the rtab bracket and use spacers to push it further inward. I think i have a spare set laying around I can mod.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Holy Moly! Can't wait to see that in action!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    No updates on the gorilla, but I have been helping my dad restore/swap his 1968 2002. He put an S14B23 from an E30 M3 in it, so it is now dubbed "Project M2." We just finished the last touches on it today. 45 years ago, in high school my uncle drove this exact car. Tomorrow morning, he is going to borrow it and take it to his 45th high school reunion, but now with an E30 M3 engine, as opposed to the old nearly stock M10 it had back in high school. Super happy we were able to finish it on time! My uncle is extremely excited to be driving his old car again. This thing has been in my family for 46 years. My grandpa bought it brand new in 1968, then my uncle bought it from him and drove in high school, then a few years later my dad bought it and has owned it for the last 30 years or so.

It's finished, and it sounds sweet! I'll post videos soon!

Mike

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1338535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast