Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2348636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1844

Thread: Noob Drift Build :) - E36 turbo

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Interesting.. My '97 328i is front mount trigger wheel. Or at least the trigger wheel is on the front pulley, I can't actually say for a fact that I remember seeing the crank sensor on there, haha..

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Interesting.. My '97 328i is front mount trigger wheel. Or at least the trigger wheel is on the front pulley, I can't actually say for a fact that I remember seeing the crank sensor on there, haha..
    I'm not sure BMW designed a new part for the OBD2 dampers. They may have just reused the exact same setup.

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    A few more clips from the road course days:

More to come soon!

If you guys don't mind, please go give my Facebook driver page a like. It helps for sponsors and whatnot, and now that I have a Pro2 license that is potentially much more relevant that it ever has been. Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/mikevanshellenbeck/ Thanks!

Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Lonestar Bash footage:

Mike

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Is that the IG solutions angle kit? The kind where you have to weld the bit onto the subframe? If so, did you space down your rack too?

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Is that the IG solutions angle kit? The kind where you have to weld the bit onto the subframe? If so, did you space down your rack too?
    It's the MG Solutions kit yeah where you have to weld on to the subframe for the mounts. I didn't move the rack position at all though.

Mike

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Why wouldn't they make it bolt directly to the subframe? I'm so confused.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea this should ruin roll center. You've spaced the control arm down however much. Unless you're near the same amount raised in ride height/RCA at the knuckle, this should cause lots of steering issues. Right?

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Yea this should ruin roll center. You've spaced the control arm down however much. Unless you're near the same amount raised in ride height/RCA at the knuckle, this should cause lots of steering issues. Right?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. The brackets only very very slightly relocate the ball joint location the subframe. Probably like an 1/8" or something or less. Roll center correction is achieved at the knuckle with the block that bolts to it. The arms are completely flat and parallel to the ground when the car is static.

Mike

My Cars
    3 Series
    Be careful on your first drive after you install.

I have bought a roll center kit for another application that caused so much bump steer the car was uncontrollable over 20mph.

It was a very small change in geometry, and the change seemed intuitive, but it did not work.

I'm just glad I didn't hammer it on my first ride out after installing, I definitely would have crashed.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yea that makes sense I guess. It looks super low to me. In the video thumbnail, the control arm looks an inch or so lower than the steering rack. But now looking at it, I think it's always offset some. The welding part kind of made me look at the kit and go "whaaaaa?"

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by testify View Post
    Be careful on your first drive after you install.

I have bought a roll center kit for another application that caused so much bump steer the car was uncontrollable over 20mph.

It was a very small change in geometry, and the change seemed intuitive, but it did not work.

I'm just glad I didn't hammer it on my first ride out after installing, I definitely would have crashed.
    I've been driving with this kit for 2 years now.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Yea that makes sense I guess. It looks super low to me. In the video thumbnail, the control arm looks an inch or so lower than the steering rack. But now looking at it, I think it's always offset some. The welding part kind of made me look at the kit and go "whaaaaa?"
    The thumbnail is not a static shot - also the tie rod looks that way but if you look at the actual control arm behind it, it is parallel to the ground. The car feels awesome, so I'm not really worried about any of this at the moment, but the arms are in fact parallel to the ground when parked, or extremely extremely close.

Mike

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Today was a blast! Got to do some more drifting at H2R, and I actually gave a fellow BFC'er a ride along today (nice to meet you tptrsn!):

Enjoy!

Mike

My Cars
    Too many to list...
    Nice work!

'97 M3/4

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Bet the video the passenger was taking came out REAL well.

My Cars
    none
    Bet the video the passenger was taking came out REAL well.
    you kill me dude lmfao

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Mike, what a great time it was down there. It was a great a pleasure to meet you and experience the sheer lunacy of your car and driving!!

That sucker spinning the tires up the hill in 4th, and then snapping to angle from over 130 was an amazing experience that every car guy should have at least once. If I can get a second or two of chaotic hand-held video that illustrates the mayhem inside the car it will be bonus. The locked off shots make it feel WAAAY too tame. There is absolutely NOTHING tame about any of it.

Thanks again!

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Mike, what a great time it was down there. It was a great a pleasure to meet you and experience the sheer lunacy of your car and driving!!

That sucker spinning the tires up the hill in 4th, and then snapping to angle from over 130 was an amazing experience that every car guy should have at least once. If I can get a second or two of chaotic hand-held video that illustrates the mayhem inside the car it will be bonus. The locked off shots make it feel WAAAY too tame. There is absolutely NOTHING tame about any of it.

Thanks again!
    Absolutely dude! I had a great time and would be happy to have you down here any time. I always have a spare bedroom.

To keep this thread poppin', here's the new color for 2018. This hasn't been posted anywhere else yet, but will be shortly. New wheels will be here soon as well. I am super stoked with how this color turned out!

So stoked! More updates to come in a few days! The car will be getting corned weighed, dyno'd, and angle measured this weekend!

Mike

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    dang the red looks so good!

My Cars
    98 328is
    good shit. color is rad.

My Cars
    Too many to list...
    Nice!

'97 M3/4

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    LOVING the new color Mike, I can't wait to see the rest of the graphics package you have planned to go over the red.

And thank you very much for the kind offer, BTW!!

My Cars
    95 LS1 M3
    diggin the red!
    Race/Street Wheel stud conversion kits and spacers --->www.MotorsportHardware.com
    95 M3 7.1L LSX

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Well to keep this gravy train going, here's an update!

I didn't drive lonestar round 1 due to a fuel leak, and I didn't feel like chancing the car on a fire. I also in general wasn't super motivated to drive for whatever reason. I was having an off weekend, so I wasn't too upset about bowing out of comp due to the leak.

Fast forward to round 2, I won! My first pro-am win, and I actually only used one single pair of 265/35-18 Kenda KR20s for all 9 battles. (2 OMTs!) The way the lonestar drift tier/grid system works, I was placed in the back of the back from having not earned any points at round 1, so I was in tier 5. The tiers are broken into groups of 8, and we had 40 pro-am drivers, so we had 5 full tiers of 8. Tier 5 battles tier 4, then the winner of that battles tier 3, the winner of those battles tier 2, and so on until you only have a top 8 in tier 1. I started at the very back of the pack in tier 5 and had to work my way all the way up. I also goofed and sold too many of my 265s (I miscounted what I brought) so I only left myself with a single pair... so on we went!

Here are all of the battles from tier 5 all the way to the finals. The track was a grange copy, and we were told on the entry to be very tight on the first inner clip (no outers there), and then stay mid line, 2-3 ft off the other inner clips to allow the follow driver room to dive in without tagging the inner walls. I was trying not to angle stall the car and learn to keep the speed in it with this angle kit, as well as not totally annihilate the tires since I knew I had to conserve them as much as possible. I hope you enjoy!

Mike

My Cars
    98 328is
    super jelly of your trophy. congrats on the win!

and i know the off feeling of not being motivated. brought my car home after club loose rd 2 and parked it. ive moved it a few times, but just havent felt motivated to do a compression test despite the next club loose coming up soon.

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2348636465666768697071727374 LastLast