Thread: S52 Swap Hard Start Issues...

My Cars
    BMW's and SHO's

S52 Swap Hard Start Issues...

So Ive been trying to work out the little bugs on my S52 swapped Ti and here is one I'm having a hard time figuring out. Ive read lots of posts/threads about it possibly being a ECM problem, FPR problem, a leaking injector problem, or a CPS problem. All sensors are Brand New, New CPS, New Cam Sensor, New Knocks, New O2, New 255LPH fuel pump. No check engine light and yes it works. I swapped 413 ECUs with a friends. No change. I installed a known good set of injectors with new seals. No change. I swapped the stock fuel pump back in place of the 255lph unit. No change. I installed a known good stock OBD1 fuel rail w/ FPR. No change. I installed an OBD2 fuel rail w/ aftermarket FPR set to 51psi per Bentley. I assume this deletes the anti-drain back function of the factory FPR so the internets say to wait 3 seconds for the fuel pump to prime. No change. The fuel pump doesn't initially prime but does pulse when cranking. So I wired it to a relay switched on with the ignition. Then it loads up and when it finally hits there's usually a loud bang followed by a 4 foot flame that shoots out the exhaust. So I don't think its a fuel problem ...

What are the odds that I got a bad CPS out of the box and how do you check that ??

Any suggestions ??

TIA.
    MikeD.
    '95 Swapped Hatchback

My Cars
    BMW's and SHO's
    Problem solved thanks for all the suggestions...
    '95 Swapped Hatchback