My Cars
    m3 Cab
    subscribed... awesome!!

My Cars
    2002 Topaz Blue M3
    This is all very...... Lovely.

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    There is some seriously excellent work going on ITT. Keep it up!
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    There is some seriously excellent work going on ITT. Keep it up!
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    ftw
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    So I got everything finally all hooked up.

The car will unfortunately not start... It is cranking, but not firing. 328iJunkie and I verified for the most part that all the sensors and what not are hooked up. I do not hear the fuel pump relay clicking over when I turn on the car, but even when we jump the relay, the car does not start...

I have also tried both of my 413 silver DMEs to no avail...

Dave says he can fix it in 5 minutes. Problem is getting my car to him or him to my car

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Don't you hate it when that happens? It's like getting to the last step of a Lego project and finding out your dog ate the last piece

busterhax is offline Y̝͎̘̍́ͣ̉͑̿̆Ō͎̼̺̬̒ͯ̃̇͗̂ U͈̖
    My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwall View Post
    Don't you hate it when that happens? It's like getting to the last step of a Lego project and finding out your dog ate the last piece
    I was going to say the same thing.

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    awesome awesome job

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Lol, been there! haha.

The suspension is completely done. That is a good note. I just need more ATE superblue brake fluid so I can bleed the brakes before dropping it completely down.

I am excited!!!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    And to think I was just there a week ago and it had no front end on it, and I don't know if it had a suspension, brakes or wheels either. You definitely know your way around these things.

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    And to think I was just there a week ago and it had no front end on it, and I don't know if it had a suspension, brakes or wheels either. You definitely know your way around these things.
    I put the wheels on it just to imagine what it might look like completed. I will have to now take them off to bleed everything..

I just want to burn off all the tire on the LTW wheels I have. The LTW are for sale btw bf.c!!!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Well call me up when the M-Technic Mach II is ready for its maiden voyage from the "shop"

P.S I'll stay with my Advantis

My Cars
    M-technic, TL Type-S
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Rob95 View Post
    So I got everything finally all hooked up.

The car will unfortunately not start... It is cranking, but not firing. 328iJunkie and I verified for the most part that all the sensors and what not are hooked up. I do not hear the fuel pump relay clicking over when I turn on the car, but even when we jump the relay, the car does not start...

I have also tried both of my 413 silver DMEs to no avail...

Dave says he can fix it in 5 minutes. Problem is getting my car to him or him to my car
    I had a similar problem with my e30. It turned out to be the crank position sensor plug was switched with the other plug next to it. Forgot the name of it.
    '91 325ic M-Technic 5-speed
    '07 TL Type-S 6-speed

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

So here is what happened... When I gave my M50 away, the fuel lines were cut during the removal of the engine with the intent of being replaced with new once the S52 went in. When I replaced the fuel lines, I did not have them marked. I looked at them and it seemed pretty obvious as to which one went where. Turns out, it is counter intuitive. One of the fuel lines bends as soon as it comes off the body, the other one just continues straight. The one that goes straight actually needs to go to the rear of the rail in my case. The hard line that is bent almost 90degs actually goes to the front... Go figure.

As soon as I swapped them, it fired right up the first time and idled perfectly.

I rolled it out in the cul-de-sac but it was so loud without the cat back on there.

I will hopefully take it for a real spin tomorrow :

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Euro
    Congrats, I would love to do a ground-up E36 restoration/build similar to yours.

I noticed you went poly w/ several of the front bushing bits, but you replaced the subframe bushings with stock? Does the NVH noticeably increase with poly subframe bushings?
    "The internet: So big, powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute it for life."

1992 BMW 325is, 2900lbs, too many to list SOLD
    2000 Honda Civic EX commute warrior, hardwired V1 SOLD
    1990 Alpine White BMW 520i
    1995 Daytona Violet BMW M3 Euro

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    I just wanted to see what brand new factory rear subframe bushings were like, lol!

I have had poly in the rear before and I did not notice any difference in the NVH, nor did I honestly notice any performance gains (Yes it was a track car..)

I definitely can not wait to get it aligned. That always makes the biggest difference.

I just got to drive it again but it is pouring rain out and I still have not put it all back together. The rear windows are out and it is missing the hood, lights, etc. The factory harness for the lights has been completely "janktafied" but the previous owners trying to install euro headlights and HIDs. I will have to tear it all down and fix it RIGHT! I then will be getting some of the retrofitted headlight everyone has been talking about. They seem nice!

This car is going to be crazy fast. I barely gave it gas in first and second and it just goes to redline with no traction. Again, it is raining out and it does not have the widest or new tires. It is going to be fuuuuuuuuuuun.

I should be going to get the exhaust fabbed up tomorrow. I have to drive about 30 minutes away and I am a bit worried because all it has now is the midsection. I do not want it getting the diff too hot (or the bushings right there) because it is cut off right before the diff.

How it sits

Car looks pretty janktafied itself It will still be the nicest e36 in ATL. More to come
    Last edited by M3Rob95; 12-22-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    BMWs and 'Yotas
    OP this build is sick and I am glad to see it all starting to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dricebrug View Post
    First, I just did my headliner. Gulf fabrics is the only way to go.

Also, if you somehow find hurricane cloth... You better let me know.
    +1 one the hurricane cloth.

What did you buy from Gulf fabrics? Is it OE-esque?
    Reigning and Longest Tenured OT President to Date

My Cars
    90 e30
    Buy cheap turn downs to direct the heat down on the ride to exhaust shop
    95 318i sold.
    97 m3 Sold
    89 325i dd
    84 325e project/partout

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Quote Originally Posted by LowE30 View Post
    Buy cheap turn downs to direct the heat down on the ride to exhaust shop
    THANKS!!!

My Cars
    95 m3, 3L S4
    how about some e46 m cloth can that be sourced ?
    "Lamborghini, the tractor maker, wanted to figure out why his Ferrari's clutch kept crapping out (PITA, cost a lot of money). He complained to Ferrari, and Enzo didn't do anything. Lamborghini discovered it was the same, much cheaper clutch used in his tractors. The rest is history..."

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Got the car aligned. Here is a pic outside of the alignment shop. I drove it there like that and with no cat back on the exhaust so it was sounding MEAN!!! It was a lot of fun..

on the rack

Today, I drove over to my buddy Kyle Grob's shop to fab up the exhaust. Kyle is the same dude that welded my cage together in my Spec E36. He does awesome work!!!

THIS CAR IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!!! It drives amazing and it is pretty dang powerful
    Last edited by M3Rob95; 12-24-2011 at 01:05 PM.

My Cars
    90 e30
    Wanna see pics of full exhaust and muffler you went with
    95 318i sold.
    97 m3 Sold
    89 325i dd
    84 325e project/partout

My Cars
    Many Broken Ones
    looks bauss rob.
    Wheres the vid you sent me
    460whp/515wtq wifes MMW tuned 335i