Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~M3Rob95's '94 e36 M-Technic restoration thread~~

My Cars
    95 m3, 3L S4
    I have a m-technic for sale. the front end was repainted. It has a blown motor. $2800? anyone? got 180k on it
    "Lamborghini, the tractor maker, wanted to figure out why his Ferrari's clutch kept crapping out (PITA, cost a lot of money). He complained to Ferrari, and Enzo didn't do anything. Lamborghini discovered it was the same, much cheaper clutch used in his tractors. The rest is history..."

My Cars
    95 Supra, 09 G8 GXP
    Awesome build Rob!!! Imagine if you had bought my M3, you wouldnt be going through this bad ass process!
    '95 Supra Turbo
    '09 G8 GXP

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Quote Originally Posted by 600whp S4 View Post
    I have a m-technic for sale. the front end was repainted. It has a blown motor. $2800? anyone? got 180k on it
    PM sent...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon2222 View Post
    Awesome build Rob!!! Imagine if you had bought my M3, you wouldnt be going through this bad ass process!
    Uh, trust me. Id wayyyy rather be driving than doing all this nonsense!!!
    Last edited by M3Rob95; 10-20-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Progress!!!

Got the new Fidanza flywheel:

Got all new flywheel bolts and they ended up being the dualmass flywheel bolts so they are too long. These are the M12x50mm and I need M12x28mm. I think the ones from the automatic cars will work

CLEANNNNNN!!!!!!!

Got all new ball joints for the rear suspension. After I got them, I was looking at them and I do not like the quality. The boots are really loose..

I am not sure if I already posted this picture, but when I got the donor car, its headers were broken at what looks like a weak spot on these things..

I have started doing the rear subframe enforcements!!!! With the help of David Green (luckyhare), this project has now taken a major turn!!! I am now going to be assembling instead of wasting all this time!

Cleaning the car mounting points:

Sparks!

WOOO Progress!

Behind the scenes, I am getting all new bushings pressed into the rear subframe, balljoints and poly rtabs for the RTAs, and new bushings for the upper and lower RCAs. Pics to come
    Last edited by M3Rob95; 11-01-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    did you already purchase rear RTAB's? I have heard the better way is to go E46 M3 RTAB with limiters like Vorshlag or maybe AKG as this allows better articulation. However when I got the job done a couple years ago TRM recommended poly so that's what i got done.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    did you already purchase rear RTAB's? I have heard the better way is to go E46 M3 RTAB with limiters like Vorshlag or maybe AKG as this allows better articulation. However when I got the job done a couple years ago TRM recommended poly so that's what i got done.

Me and David G were talking about that while welding the subframe enforcements. The conversation started because I said I am purposely not enforcing the RTAB pockets because I want to do that after I nick a curb and they get all torn out, haha!

I hear that the polys can actually add extra stress to that area due the the design like you say.

David Green (luckyhare) makes an awesome spherical ball joint RTAB that everyone should buy. That allows for the proper geometry. I am definitely getting some ASAP!

Anyways, I have some limiters for sale if anyone interested. I dont care for them

More to come

My Cars
    Dude, I don't even know
    tomorrow bro Can't wait to see this beauty pull up to the shop!

My Cars
    '99 540i/6, '94 ZJ
    Wish I had this kind of knowledge for my 1997 M3 restore...thank god for pelican....great work!

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Rob95 View Post
    Me and David G were talking about that while welding the subframe enforcements. The conversation started because I said I am purposely not enforcing the RTAB pockets because I want to do that after I nick a curb and they get all torn out, haha!

I hear that the polys can actually add extra stress to that area due the the design like you say.

David Green (luckyhare) makes an awesome spherical ball joint RTAB that everyone should buy. That allows for the proper geometry. I am definitely getting some ASAP!

Anyways, I have some limiters for sale if anyone interested. I dont care for them

More to come
    Yeah David told me about em', not sure if they're really street car friendly though or more of a track oriented part

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 M3
    Sweet Progress. Thanks for the UUC Arms agian. I still have to put them on. That will happen during winter sometime im sure.

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    I wish I never got rid of the UUC arms! Now I am having to do some crazy stuff to get the new bushings for the AA arms I had. I thought the factory bushings I had would work, but apparently I need something custom now...

Anyways, got some new parts!!!

I got the flywheel all installed. I went all over the place to find single mass flywheel bolts and ended up spending $20 on them from the dealership. As soon as I got the flywheel installed, I found the smaller bolts included with the flywheel kit! Whoops

Got my new z4 short shifter

Got my new front caliper rebuild kits installed:

Solid LCA bushings pressed in:

My Cars
    E34 M5, E91 328i, FZJ80
    I loving watching it come together.
    Instagram @Restoration_Motorsport
    www.RestorationMotorsport.com
    -Nick

My Cars
    328i
    Wow, really nice progress/parts. It will be such a nice car
    -Alec

My Cars
    96 M3
    loving this thread! why the z4 shifter? is it just a stock z4 shifter?

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRSv View Post
    loving this thread! why the z4 shifter? is it just a stock z4 shifter?
    I have one in my spec e36 that I built. It came with the car and I actually love the feel.

I have tried a ton of other short shifters, but nothing beats factory!

I sold the UUC one that came with the black car I parted out and it gave me plenty of funds to get this shifter as well as keep some funds for other items. I am excited to see how this one will feel with the 6 speed!

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i E90
    I have one in my spec e36 that I built. It came with the car and I actually love the feel.

I sold the UUC one that came with the black car I parted out and it gave me plenty of funds to get this shifter as well as keep some funds for other items. I am excited to see how this one will feel with the 6 speed!

Does the Z4 Shifter bolt right up to the stock M3 trans? No bending like you have to do to the Z3 shifter?

My Cars
    96 M3
    ^was just going to ask this.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Z4 2.5i shifter feels great in an E36 M3. Or E30 for that matter.

My Cars
    1996 328/4/5
    So how much did u pick up these cars for? Just curious

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G

why didn't you like the UUC EV03?

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    why didn't you like the UUC EV03?
    I dont care for UUC products. Its not that good of a design anyways, there are small hex screws that always back out. Same goes with flywheel bolts on their clutch kits. No bashing them, but I do not care for them...

My Cars
    e36, e53
    interesting... I never even thought about a z4 shifter. I have grown used to the uuc evo 3 and the dssr

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Ill still be using my DSSR I just hope its the right length...

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328i sedan

More to come
    hey rob id like to take a look at these rtab's by luckyhare i tried doing a search and couldnt find them , and to just put this out there have you taken a look at the treehouse control arm bushings and what do you think?

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    I wish I never got rid of the UUC arms!
    I love my UUC rear control arms, only UUC product I own...

Coming along nice Rob, yay 6 speed! Z4 was an interesting choice for the shift lever, good to know.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast