Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump install PDF

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr

Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump install PDF

Anyone have a PDF of instructions for installing one?

I bought a new one off eBay but it came without instructions.

TIA.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    All I found.

My Cars
    BMWs
    I like the scissor icon lol

Last edited by 5mall5nail5; 09-10-2011 at 08:43 AM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Lol
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    LOL.

Thanks!

Of course after I drop the car off at BimmerClinic I see my NEW BAP is missing the controller/in car knob. FML.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)

My Cars
    Race Car, 330Ci, R1200R
    OP, make us both really happy & install a Kenne Bell Boost A Spark. Then do a write-up on it.

Thanks.
    Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
    SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
    (DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
    "Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
    OP, make us both really happy & install a Kenne Bell Boost A Spark. Then do a write-up on it.

Thanks.
    LOL.

Need to see where I am at on the Dyno with the BAP first.

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    Why not install a bigger/ better pump?

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    I like the scissor icon lol

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    So is the consensus here that boost-a-pumps are no good? I'm starting to wonder about needing more fuel..
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Who said that?
    I plan to to use one.
    Can only help and there's no data showing they lessen the longevity of a Walbro or any other A/M pump for that matter.

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    Sorry, my comprehension skills aren't so great.
    So, good things with a boosted pump any? hmm..
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    The principal function of a Boost a Pump is that of a voltage regulator. When coupled with a Hobbs switch and cranked, they can also help to avoid lean conditions resulting from lack of fuel under boost. But they can't overcome tiny diameter stock fuel lines and similar restrictions. Or at least that is my experience, and my supercharger boost level is nothing compared to what you guys run on your turbos on this board.

--Peter

My Cars
    skateboard
    Got 1 in my car wired in by Dcvee. Didn't Max Psi use 1 in an obd2 build?
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    skateboard
    Got 1 in my car wired in by Dcvee. Didn't Max Psi use 1 in an obd2 build?
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    Boost-a-pumps are fine. They are used often in the domestic market, typically with stock in-tank pumps. Just not sure why someone would use one over a larger pump.

Why make a pump act like a larger pump when you can just install a larger pump?

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I have read good experiences with them. I got a good price on one and when factoring in time and labor and cost, the BAP was the best choice for me.

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    Gotcha. So what pump are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
    I have read good experiences with them. I got a good price on one and when factoring in time and labor and cost, the BAP was the best choice for me.

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    Curious: Is an adjustment to the fuel map needed with the addition of a boost a pump?

My Cars
    Lotus Super 7
    Quote Originally Posted by futureroadracer View Post
    Boost-a-pumps are fine. They are used often in the domestic market, typically with stock in-tank pumps. Just not sure why someone would use one over a larger pump.

Why make a pump act like a larger pump when you can just install a larger pump?

WOW...you have asked this question twice now and no one has responded so I'll help since you seem to be implying that a bigger fuel pump is easy to find and install without many modifications.

So why is a BAP the best solution out there:
    1. Get more fuel out of the in-tank pumps
    2. Largest intank pumps only flow around 250-300 lph
    3. DON'T I repeat DON'T have to run duel pumps. While everyone says "just go duels". well that is great and all, but when one fails how do you know.....the car still starts and will run fine till you boost the car and it goes lean and BAM! Running duels is GREAT for guys going for HUGE power, but if a single pump on a BAP will do the job....then stay away from the duels.
    4. Just going to a bigger pump....Geez futureroadracer, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING.

Any pump larger than 300 lph is going to be external. Then your talking about building a sump into your stock fuel tank, or running a surge tank, or maybe you just tap your stock tank and PRAY you don't get fuel slosh and starve it. Then think of all the custom lines and fittings to hook it up. Talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

So to answer you question futureroadracer. The BAP is an AWESOME way to get more fuel out of a fuel pump reliably with just a little bit of work. They are a great set-up.

JR
    Last edited by flexer; 09-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Attention TURBO LOVERS, Great book -----> How to turbocharge and Tune your Engine

Favorite Automotive Tuning Articles on the Internet: Engine Tuning Articles
    My Car: Custom Build Lotus Super 7

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Gotcha. So what pump are you running?
    Stock for now. Will dyno and see that all is well. If there is an issue, I will worry about upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by flexer View Post
    WOW...you have asked this question twice now and no one has responded so I'll help since you seem to be implying that a bigger fuel pump is easy to find and install without many modifications.

3. DON'T I repeat DON'T have to run duel pumps. While everyone says "just go duels". well that is great and all, but when one fails how do you know.....the car still starts and will run fine till you boost the car and it goes lean and BAM! Running duels is GREAT for guys going for HUGE power, but if a single pump on a BAP will do the job....then stay away from the duels.
    4. Just going to a bigger pump....Geez futureroadracer, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING.

Any pump larger than 300 lph is going to be external. Then your talking about building a sump into your stock fuel tank, or running a surge tank, or maybe you just tap your stock tank and PRAY you don't get fuel slosh and starve it. Then think of all the custom lines and fittings to hook it up. Talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

So to answer you question futureroadracer. The BAP is an AWESOME way to get more fuel out of a fuel pump reliably with just a little bit of work. They are a great set-up.

JR
    This.

From my research on the board, my AA tune seems to be a good match for the BAP route. It's been time tested with plenty of supercharger applications.

My Cars
    35D X5, 335d
    I have a in-tank 340lph pump. Also, a 255lph is plenty for ANY supercharged m5x based engine, which again, is an in tank. He doesn't need any aftermarket lines etc., just an in tank 255lph.

That said, I completely understand what BAPs are and when and where to use them, in the OP's case, it makes more sense to me to install a larger intank pump into the stock location without complicating the fuel system with a BAP.

A 255lph and 60's is good to what... 550-600whp. I know I made 485whp with a supercharged car running ONE 255 in tank, stock lines and 60lb injectors.

I guess I don't see the point in running the wire, vacuum line/ hobbs switch etc, especially when you can install a 255 in less than 30 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by flexer View Post

JR

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    I have a in-tank 340lph pump. Also, a 255lph is plenty for ANY supercharged m5x based engine, which again, is an in tank. He doesn't need any aftermarket lines etc., just an in tank 255lph.

That said, I completely understand what BAPs are and when and where to use them, in the OP's case, it makes more sense to me to install a larger intank pump into the stock location without complicating the fuel system with a BAP.

A 255lph and 60's is good to what... 550-600whp. I know I made 485whp with a supercharged car running ONE 255 in tank, stock lines and 60lb injectors.

I guess I don't see the point in running the wire, vacuum line/ hobbs switch etc, especially when you can install a 255 in less than 30 minutes...
    What in-tank pump are you running, Ryan?

--Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast