Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Hans, 1 of 1 '95 540i/6, "Mauritiusblau Metallic"

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    WELL, here we go moves have been made, more to come as always. but these all make me super happy. Can't walk away from my car without turning back around anymore

aside from the fixes, (still need sway bar links though) Theres a new m-tech 2 steering wheel, 3 spokes and quite a bit smaller than the boat of a wheel that was in my car... comparison pictures

also you can see the zhp weighted knob there, feels great. especially paired with the e60 OEM short shifter

In neutral

and In first gear

I'm not gonna lie I wasn't expecting this short of throws, I feel like i got away with robbery, a short shifter for the same price as a new shift knob? Awesomeness, so much less play as well. Feels great, still getting used to not throwing the shifter a mile forward to get in gear though :p

AND an update that was requested by many people in this thread, (i was going to do it anyway, lets be real here) EURO TRIM.

Ah, it looks so clean. My vendetta against orange is over, Success is mine!

Need to get some proper BMW center caps/hood/trunk emblems as well now. Then i'll be stylin

oh one more thing, hans' official mascot.

Thanks for looking, Feedback welcomed/appreciated

-Wes
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK

My Cars
    '91 M5
    I like your taste. Those are subtle changes but when combined they make a world of difference in the feel of the car.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1989 535i 5-Speed AlpineweissII on Natur - Parted
    E34 1992 525i 5-Speed Islandgrun on Pergament - Parted
    E34 1995 540i 6-Speed ShwarzII on Shwarz - Sold to Sneezy.
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E39 1998 528i 5-Speed Black on Black - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Thanks, they really do. The steering wheel has to got to be my favorite, its smaller/ so much nicer.

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    awesome man! cars come a long way since we met! look into UUC's DSSR, i just installed one, LOVE it.
    -Alex

My Cars
    1992 325i Sedan
    Lookin' good wes, maintaining after my detail well

My Cars
    95 BMW 540i/6 Black
    nice ... how much was the shift knob and e60 shifter?

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks View Post
    Lookin' good wes, maintaining after my detail well
    Haha thanks bret, I want it to stop raining for a few days its getting my car so dirty! Still so shiny though

And evobmwe30, I bought them together as a kit for just about 150 from eac euro parts

http://www.eaceuroparts.com/catalog/product/465

the 6 speed pattern/shifter combo, obviously haha.

-Wes

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Here are a few pictures taken on this past Sunday. My friend with a canon 7d took them, hans is pretty dirty here but you can still see a real nice reflection!

Links only cause the pictures are well, big.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...zpictures2.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...zpictures3.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...zzpictures.jpg

-Wes

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    bout time!

I also got BMW center caps and valve stem caps while I was at it, I'm a sucker for the small things what can i say? Appreciation is in the details.

My Cars
    e30 328i/e34 540i
    Man you have really saved that car. With all the new OEM+ going on and the documentation of the 1 off color I bet you doubled the value of that car.
    1995 540i/6 Calypso/Parchment
    1991 328i/5 Granite Silver/Crimson M52/ZF

540i/6 Facebook Group
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/255094164524598/

My Cars
    too many
    1 of 1?

sorry to spoil it for you . . but there is at least another mauritius 540i/6 . . so at least says the 540i/6 registery

797st hergestellt zwischen 930708-951102

Standardfarben

Cosmosschwarz metallic (303) = 130
    Orientblau (317) = 118
    Diamantschwarz metallic, (181) = 77
    Oxfordgruen metallic (324) = 60
    Arktissilber metallic (309) = 54
    Fjordgrau metallic (310) = 40
    Arktisgrau metallic (269) = 25
    Alpinweiss III (218) = 24
    Brokatrot metallic (259) = 22
    Hellrot (314) = 21
    Petrol-Mica metallic, (305) = 20
    Calypsorot metallic (252) = 19
    Avusblau metallic (276) = 18 (Alle mit M Sportpaket)
    Schwarz II (668) = 17
    Daytonaviolett metallic (283) = 16 (Alle mit M Sportpaket)
    Sterlingsilber metallic (244) = 15
    Ascotgrün metallic (353) = 12
    Dunkelblau (263) = 12
    Technoviolett metallic, (299) = 11
    Sorrentblau metallic (360) = 9
    Granitsilber metallic (237) = 9
    Maledivenblau metallic (290) = 5
    Kaschmirbeige metallic (301) = 3
    Dunkelgrün II (307) = 1

SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) = 59

Daytonaviolett metallic, 283 = 12
    Madeiraschwarz metallic 302 = 8
    Avusblau metallic, 276 = 7
    Schwarz-Mica metallic, FE 68-940Z BASF = 5
    Nachtblau metallic, 453 = 3
    Macaoblau metallic 250 = 3
    Alpinablau metallic FE 86-5489 BASF = 3 (Alle Alpina B10 4,6)
    Tobagoblau metallic 256 = 2
    Madeiraviolett metallic 302 = 2
    Mauritiusblau metallic 287 = 2
    Malachitgrün metallic 205 = 2
    Dakargelb 267 = 2
    Seidengrün metallic FE 86-601X BASF = 1
    Lagungrün metallic 266 = 1
    Veilchenblau metallic FE 86-50GU/BASF = 1
    Neongrün metallic 262 = 1
    Technoviolett metallic 299 = 1 (mit M Sportpaket)
    Mugellorot 274 = 1
    Petrol-Mica metallic 305 = 1 (standardfarbe aus 9407)

$

and please . . give it it's chrome kidney back
    Last edited by Teddy Bomber; 09-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    My little BMW collection:
    '18 BMW I01 i3S - some electric thing and a korean scooter engine . .
    '02 BMW E46 316i Wagon - not saying
    '02 ALPINA E46 b3 3.3 - E4
    '02 BMW E46 320i Touring - M54B22
    '86 BMW E24 635CSI automatic - M30B35
    '76 BMW E12 525 automatic M30B25
    '74 BMW E12 525 M30B25

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    I think he means one of one for that ext/int color combo.

My Cars
    1995 E34 540i/6
    Were you at Chipotle during lunchtime on Friday? I thought I saw this exact car but I wasnt sure and didnt take note of the tag. I remember saying to my cooworker, "that's a nice car."

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by anonoh View Post
    Were you at Chipotle during lunchtime on Friday? I thought I saw this exact car but I wasnt sure and didnt take note of the tag. I remember saying to my cooworker, "that's a nice car."
    Yeah that was me! If you were inside I'm a tall white guy with a short spanish girlfriend, very short. 4ft11 and I'm 6ft2. And Thanks man, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bomber View Post
    1 of 1?
    sorry to spoil it for you . . but there is at least another mauritius 540i/6 . . so at least says the 540i/6 registery
    $
    and please . . give it it's chrome kidney back
    I believe your figures are in total of the world. Not just the US market.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ior+color+code

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Well, finally got this done! A few weeks back my door handle on this inside became limp and wouldn't open the door. My door panel clips were all coming unglued as well so the door panel was basically detached already and only opening from the outside, what a pain.

So i pulled the door panel, discovered the bowden cable was my problem as it had snapped 9/10 of the way thru at the end closest to the interior handle. I ordered the new part and a bunch of new clips for the door panel. I was very confused at how the cable attached to the other end, couldn't see it and found out i'd have to remove the lock mechanism to replace it.

Today i finally had some time on my hands, removed the window track and then the locking mechanism (most of the way, couldnt end up getting it all the way out but it didn't really need to be). Replaced the bowden cable and then reglued the black parts that hold all the door panel clips, installed new clips and set it all back together. Also lubed up my slow rolling window while i was in there. What a relief!

Its so nice not to have to roll down the window and reach around, and not be driving around with no door panel anymore

Here are some pictures of things, didn't take too many as i got rather greasy and frustrated fuddling with the bowden cable, also included a shot of my car from today cause why not

alot of these pictures I took as references to where things would go while putting it back together. This is because I wasn't able to do the job all at once, I had to take it off, diagnose it, order the parts, wait till i had free time, complain, and then get it done.

pulling the window switch, just pops out

reminding myself that that is where the torx screw goes back in

more taking off, my god the cover over this bolt was such a PITA

how I was driving for a week or two, maybe three? ugh. haha

my workspace, complete with laptop to view DIY's and trouble shoot as i go.

reglued and new clips!

Phew, it feels so nice to be able to open the door from the inside again

Hans is thankful I got him fixed up

Here is a useful DIY that i used for this a little bit

http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/do...kMechanism.htm

this whole sit is great actually
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/

Thanks for looking

-Wes

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Looking really good, I love the euro trim!

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Thanks, its great and cheap (relatively) for just about 100 bucks for all four corners brand new.

I've been thinking of doing my grills silver, I'm not much for the chrome look on them, but i think the black blends too heavy with my dark blue ish color, atleast with the clear corners. Idk, eventually i want to French my highbeams and fogs though. So many ideas so little money... haha, one at at time with the montra of "maintenance before mods"

unfortunately my next purchase is going to have to be snow tires so that will set me back a little bit. Oh well atleast i'll be able to move this winter!

My Cars
    M42,M60,M62,M62TU
    that color looks really good in the sunlight

what I want to see from that list on an e34

Seidengrün metallic FE 86-601X BASF = 1
    Neongrün metallic 262 = 1

e34 540i/6 :: e30
    M62/6 :: e30 318is :: c5 Z06

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    been posting a lot of these things in different areas, but I think it'll also be good to have this thread with everything in it. sort of a running history for me and the car.

Haven't updated this thread in quite a while it seems. I've been ticking away and doing what I can with Hans though.

good amount of changes since I last posted here.

Swapped to narrow grille, that's a pretty noticable change. Hood is not too off in color, obviously off though. It looks okay enough that I'm fine with it for the time being until I can properly address rust issues and repaint the car fully.

Installed an alpine head unit and m5 shiter surround (custom cut around my asc+t), have smoked corners and tail lights on now (with plans for smileys and frenched highs/fogs as well as some window tint and shadowline)

Running staggered naked m-systems *have throwing star covers, but not running them currently*

I just installed new rear rotors and pads (fronts must have been replaced pretty recently before I bought the car as they still have plenty of life left, and big big brakes).

Here are some photos to accompany this post,

"smoked clear corner" with amber bulbs.

when i replaced the gas tank, and broke this one during installation a bit. can't put more than a half tank now. better, but will need to acquire another new one (used probably. i'll have to be more careful next time.)

front brake clearance, one day soon those calipers and the rears will get redone, i'm thinking dark orange. maybe a dark blue to be subtle and match the car. i have plenty of time to decide, relatively low on my priorities list at this point.

new rear brake setup, zimmerman rotors and akebono ceramic pads. I used to get brake dust only on the rears (stock pads) now i'm hoping to get seriously minimal brake dust at all.

my interior is coming along nicely I'd say. New wheel, knob, panel, headunit, mascot, its getting closer to my ideal.

and then today, ticket 139 thousand miles. hoping to get just as many more out of hans. he's only gotten better since I've been in charge.

Last edited by staystackin; 03-13-2012 at 12:35 AM.

My Cars
    Two 1995 540i/6
    Did not know M5 shift surrounds came for ASC cars.

My Cars
    05 legacy 5spd
    I couldn't believe you two (Nat (e34moneypit)) switched the grilles that day, so unbelievably cold

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhound50 View Post
    Did not know M5 shift surrounds came for ASC cars.
    they do not. I peeled back the leather, used a dremel to cut it out, then folded it over for a clean factory look. I take your comment as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by skittle34 View Post
    I couldn't believe you two (Nat (e34moneypit)) switched the grilles that day, so unbelievably cold
    I still haven't hooked up the windshield washer hoses, /lazy. Hahaha.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 NASA GTS2
    So so pretty. Get those T-Stars on there!
    2011 F-150 FX4 | 1997 BMW M3 #404 GTS2 | 2006 BMW M3 Convertible
    Out Motorsports

My Cars
    '95 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by staystackin
    been posting a lot of these things in different areas, but I think it'll also be good to have this thread with everything in it. sort of a running history for me and the car.

Haven't updated this thread in quite a while it seems. I've been ticking away and doing what I can with Hans though.

good amount of changes since I last posted here.

Swapped to narrow grille, that's a pretty noticable change. Hood is not too off in color, obviously off though. It looks okay enough that I'm fine with it for the time being until I can properly address rust issues and repaint the car fully.

Installed an alpine head unit and m5 shiter surround (custom cut around my asc+t), have smoked corners and tail lights on now (with plans for smileys and frenched highs/fogs as well as some window tint and shadowline)

Running staggered naked m-systems *have throwing star covers, but not running them currently*

I just installed new rear rotors and pads (fronts must have been replaced pretty recently before I bought the car as they still have plenty of life left, and big big brakes).

Here are some photos to accompany this post,

"smoked clear corner" with amber bulbs.

when i replaced the gas tank, and broke this one during installation a bit. can't put more than a half tank now. better, but will need to acquire another new one (used probably. i'll have to be more careful next time.)

front brake clearance, one day soon those calipers and the rears will get redone, i'm thinking dark orange. maybe a dark blue to be subtle and match the car. i have plenty of time to decide, relatively low on my priorities list at this point.

new rear brake setup, zimmerman rotors and akebono ceramic pads. I used to get brake dust only on the rears (stock pads) now i'm hoping to get seriously minimal brake dust at all.

my interior is coming along nicely I'd say. New wheel, knob, panel, headunit, mascot, its getting closer to my ideal.

and then today, ticket 139 thousand miles. hoping to get just as many more out of hans. he's only gotten better since I've been in charge.
    How would I go about converting my 1995 525i wide grill to a thin grill? It look awesome! =D

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    The easy way is to find someone who wants to swap to wide grille, and just trade them. All the parts are interchangeable: hood, nosepanel, kidneys, headlight trim grilles, are what you'd need to trade.

You could also buy those parts from a junkyard/parts car/etc. Definitely need two people to install/remove the hood though. And buying new clips would be a good idea, because its easy to break them in removing them and some simply aren't meant to be reused.

-Wes

-Wes

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast