Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Hans, 1 of 1 '95 540i/6, "Mauritiusblau Metallic"

My Cars
    91 535i; 00 323it
    Nice color. Interesting post. I like the M filler plate too. Where'd you get it?
    E34 Mods: OEM Coin Holder / Cup-Holder / Rubber Mats / Seat Covers / Warning Triangle / Sachs-Boge 750il bushings / Windscreen reflective sunshade / OEM Euro-spec Hella lamps to be installed soon.

Looking for OEM 15 or 16" basketweaves & cassette holder.

My Cars
    1984 318i
    So is this the only 540i/6 painted this color or the only one painted this color in '95? Lol

My Cars
    91 535i; 00 323it
    Quote Originally Posted by staystackin View Post
    In the registry there's only one entry. Mauritiusblau/pergament. And that's Hans.
    Are there copies of the registry floating around? I've always wondered how many granitsilber metallic on silbergrau / silbergrau hells combo interiors there were of my year ('91).
    E34 Mods: OEM Coin Holder / Cup-Holder / Rubber Mats / Seat Covers / Warning Triangle / Sachs-Boge 750il bushings / Windscreen reflective sunshade / OEM Euro-spec Hella lamps to be installed soon.

Looking for OEM 15 or 16" basketweaves & cassette holder.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    1995, I haven't had a look at any other registry. It's here,

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1357930

287 Mauritiusblau metallic; 1 car

And i bought the m5 filler plate on the classifieds section on the board, Nikosx has two for sale currently as well.
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK

My Cars
    540i6, 540iA, RX7, RdBlk
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    So is this the only 540i/6 painted this color or the only one painted this color in '95? Lol
    Well, considering that E34 540i6's were a 95 only species, I think his is the only Maritus E34 540i6 period. And I hate him for it (it's an awesome color).

Fox

My Cars
    95 540iA M-Sport & 525iT
    1995, I haven't had a look at any other registry. It's here,

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1357930

287 Mauritiusblau metallic; 1 car
    That's the list of all 540/6's made for the US and Canada including M-Sports & M540s.
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build
    OEM additions include Euro trim, passenger seat mounted first aid kit, tool kit warning triangle, clears all around, black chrome exhaust tips, spare tire well gas can, and rear armrest fridge.

Waiting for install is an adjustable lumbar support, & drivers side glove box...

My Cars
    1989 535i Manual
    Looks great, especially with the mpars!

My Cars
    too many, see sig
    What a beaut.

My Cars
    e34 528iT/5 obdI parting
    Quote Originally Posted by K Fox View Post
    Well, considering that E34 540i6's were a 95 only species, I think his is the only Maritus E34 540i6 period. And I hate him for it (it's an awesome color).

Fox
    Could be a euro one (had to, lol).

There's a local guy to me selling very clean staggered m par reps for $500obo with tires. Wouldn't be a far drive for you. +1 to euro trim and smileys with HID's. Can't get over how amazing that color is.

PARTING MY TOURING-
    M52/ZF trans/3.23LSD/MtechII/RD suspension/ACS wheels/'95 door panels/smileys/HID's/etc.

current- possible m sport

past-
    '92 525iT- motor/trans swappage/rust/big wheels
    '95 540i/6- rust.
    '95 525iT- Mike Wang
    '89 535i- gone but not forgotten
    '92 525i- auto suck tragic
    '93 525i/5- k.i.a.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    got these in the mail today

OEM all the way, Still waiting for a few things too.

and drove up to that local guy e34moneypit mentioned to pick up these
    450, needs one rear tire as it is blown out, apparently over inflated to the point of explosion due to a broken gauge for the PSI. I need to get some BMW center caps for these as well. et13 18x8 and et25 18x9.5

My Cars
    95 540iA M-Sport & 525iT
    New mats are nice, huh? I got lucky a couple of years ago and a local shop was clearing out old stock. I got 3 sets of brand new E34 floor mats for $50 each. A black OEM set for my car, a parchment OEM set for my friends touring, and a black Dinan set for another friends '93 M5. Kinda wished I'd kept the Dinan set for myself now...

Keep thinking maybe some day I'll get a set of M-Pars. Love the look, don't love the cost of 18" tires though. $1k for a set of 17" tires is bad enough. The $1,300 or so for 18" tires is a bit too much. Though if I find a set of OEM M-Pars for cheap at some point I'd probably bite.
    OEM additions include Euro trim, passenger seat mounted first aid kit, tool kit warning triangle, clears all around, black chrome exhaust tips, spare tire well gas can, and rear armrest fridge.

Waiting for install is an adjustable lumbar support, & drivers side glove box...

My Cars
    e39 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    New mats are nice, huh? I got lucky a couple of years ago and a local shop was clearing out old stock. I got 3 sets of brand new E34 floor mats for $50 each. A black OEM set for my car, a parchment OEM set for my friends touring, and a black Dinan set for another friends '93 M5. Kinda wished I'd kept the Dinan set for myself now...

Keep thinking maybe some day I'll get a set of M-Pars. Love the look, don't love the cost of 18" tires though. $1k for a set of 17" tires is bad enough. The $1,300 or so for 18" tires is a bit too much. Though if I find a set of OEM M-Pars for cheap at some point I'd probably bite.
    You're over paying for tires. My current set are Nitto Invo in 245's/18 and I think they were $155 shipped each. They are terrific tires.

My Cars
    '93 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba996

Ouch, that is a very steep price. Where are you getting your tires from? I'm sure you can find something much cheaper on TireRack.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...php?p=22676301

Write up of the detail Hans got by forum member "Knicks" (Bret). He did a great job on the paint correction, Highly recommend anyone in the Area looking for a good detail at a good price.

Cliffnotes picture from that thread:

(of course this was just before i installed the clear corners/sides/tails and front plate delete)

My Cars
    95 540iA M-Sport & 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleCleveland View Post
    You're over paying for tires. My current set are Nitto Invo in 245's/18 and I think they were $155 shipped each. They are terrific tires.
    I'm not over paying for tires. I'm just buying really, really good ones. Try getting Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's for that price. After buying them and mount and balance, taxes, etc. it's about $1k for a set of PS2's in 235/45/17.

And yes, I have driven on many other tires that cost less. But I do not like how other less expensive tires behave and I'd rather pony up the $ for Pilot Sports.

My Cars
    N/A
    I'm not over paying for tires. I'm just buying really, really good ones. Try getting Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's for that price. After buying them and mount and balance, taxes, etc. it's about $1k for a set of PS2's in 235/45/17.

And yes, I have driven on many other tires that cost less. But I do not like how other less expensive tires behave and I'd rather pony up the $ for Pilot Sports.
    Why not just get some Contis?

My Cars
    95 540iA M-Sport & 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykick5 View Post
    Why not just get some Contis?
    There are certainly some good Contis. There's also some good Advan's. And yes, they're not quite as expensive as PS2's. But DD on PS2's and Contis and drive on them hard and tell me they're the same. For my car and my driving I'll stick with PS2's or PSS's...

My Cars
    540i6, 540iA, RX7, RdBlk
    (of course this was just before i installed the clear corners/sides/tails and front plate delete)

I love that color....

There are certainly some good Contis. There's also some good Advan's. And yes, they're not quite as expensive as PS2's. But DD on PS2's and Contis and drive on them hard and tell me they're the same. For my car and my driving I'll stick with PS2's or PSS's...
    I was gonna say something about quality of tires, but I waited. And my patience was rewarded. Tires are one of the areas that 'you get what you pay for' really applies, but you have to do your research first. Quality costs, but spending a lot doesn't necessarily guarantee great tires. FWIW, I'm torn between these and these. Yeah, the Bridgestones are a lot more $$$, but that's where 'you get what you pay for' comes in. That said, I think I'd be quite happy with the Conti's too - but I'll end up trying both before I know for sure, and that'll take a couple of years. But which to start with is the real question???

Fox (tire n@zi - I can research tires for hours, and will bore you to death if you bring the subject up in conversation )
    Last edited by K Fox; 09-07-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by K Fox View Post
    I love that color....

I was gonna say something about quality of tires, but I waited. And my patience was rewarded. Tires are one of the areas that 'you get what you pay for' really applies, but you have to do your research first. Quality costs, but spending a lot doesn't necessarily guarantee great tires. FWIW, I'm torn between these and these. Yeah, the Bridgestones are a lot more $$$, but that's where 'you get what you pay for' comes in. That said, I think I'd be quite happy with the Conti's too - but I'll end up trying both before I know for sure, and that'll take a couple of years. But which to start with is the real question???

Fox (tire n@zi - I can research tires for hours, and will bore you to death if you bring the subject up in conversation )
    My dad put Conti all seasons on the rears of his E60 and they ride wayyyyy better than the more expensive Dunlops that were on there. Continental makes some great tires at great prices. I don't know about the Michelins, though. Never has a car with those on there.

My Cars
    540i6, 540iA, RX7, RdBlk
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykick5 View Post
    My dad put Conti all seasons on the rears of his E60 and they ride wayyyyy better than the more expensive Dunlops that were on there. Continental makes some great tires at great prices. I don't know about the Michelins, though. Never has a car with those on there.
    I like Michelin. Yeah, they're usually quite expensive, but I love the set I have for the 540i6 (the 16" tires that I bought for road-tripping). They're everything that the reviews said they were, and they really are great tires in general. That said, I've not driven on good PS2's or anything Michelin of that level, but I know they'll be great. I'm a little less than thrilled about their wear rate given their price, but since they do so well at everything else than you just have to accept that the compromise was in them wearing out faster. There's got to be some give somewhere - long lasting tires generally have less grip, and grippy tires generally wear out faster. Plus, making a tire ride well means careful engineering to keep from making it mushy too. Michelin found the balance point, and the PS2's are fantastic. But quality costs... When I have a substantial disposable income to play with I'll probably start abusing a set of them, but until then I'll see how the other brands try to cope.

Fox

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Good stuff Fox, I have Kumho ecsta ASX on my m-pars that I recently installed

18x8 et 13 in the front, and 18x9.5 et 25 in the rear. It's good to have some M-pars back in my life. (These are replicas again, although I was searching for OEM. These were local enough and the price was right, very right)

Put the new floor mats in as well. Crazy how just floor mats can make the interior feel so much newer, the old ones were really shot.

AND my euro trim finally came in the mail! I'm wondering though, when I install the new trim, what do I do with the side marker lights? The bulbs/wires, I mean eventually i want to have them light up the city lights in a set of smileys, but until then?

And the last update for now, e39 m5 style trunk lip spoiler. Insanely cheap, and color matched perfectly. I had my doubts when i ordered it, but figured I'd take the gamble for the 31 dollars I think it was. I like it, its subtle, yet noticable.

I need some proper pictures of the car, Gotta try to borrow a nice camera or something soon.
    Last edited by staystackin; 09-11-2011 at 08:45 PM.

My Cars
    '91 M5
    Where did you get the trunk lid lip from? I was thinking about getting one in black for my green and calypso cars.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1989 535i 5-Speed AlpineweissII on Natur - Parted
    E34 1992 525i 5-Speed Islandgrun on Pergament - Parted
    E34 1995 540i 6-Speed ShwarzII on Shwarz - Sold to Sneezy.
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E39 1998 528i 5-Speed Black on Black - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    you can get them painted your cars color from the ebay place, to quote them

"Dear,

Thanks for your email.
    We have the cooperation with Standox.
    We could provide any color for you.

If you accept this please feel free to place the order.
    Regards,"

- audislineclub_uk"

I simply provided them with my color code (287) and it came painted, perfect match.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

not bad if you ask me

My Cars
    1995 525iT
    make sure you goin the 540i/6 Registry on face boko!
    1995 525iT
    (past loves)
    1995 540i/6
    1995 540i/5
    1997 328iC
    1990 325i
    1990 325iC
    1987 325is

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Joined! thanks.

Dropped Hans off today at one of the cleanest shops I have ever seen. Northeast Motorsports in Mahwah NJ.. All i can say is wow. I was recommended by a friend who goes there. Outside the shop there was a euro spec m6 in AMAZING shape. There was a "hot rod" widebody all plastic fully track ready with a euro s50 swapped in. Nothing but BMW's in there, well one MINI but that still counts. I'm excited to have this place within ten minutes of my house.

http://www.nemotorsportsllc.com/

Oh, what i'm getting fixed is the control arms/tie rods/alignment. That's a bit beyond my skill level of DIY at this point, and not having anyone to really do it with or proper equipment as well. I'm happy to support a local business as well as get quality work done to my car. Although my wallet wishes otherwise sometimes.... but it's okay, i sold the e39 for more than i bought the e34 for (obviously) and I expected to have to fork out a bit of cash to get it back into proper fighting shape. Which I intend to.

Pictures when i get it back, as a few other mods will be taking place

-Wes

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast