Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Meet Hans, 1 of 1 '95 540i/6, "Mauritiusblau Metallic"

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Wow - Haven't updated this in a while!

Not much has changed on the car since last update except mileage and a little maintenance. It's at 162k now.

I've lit a fire under my arse about this car again. The budget has been finalized with the body shop and it's being picked up in two weeks. In those two weeks it will get a few things before going, including power flex rear subframe bushings, freshly re-sealed 3.15LSD from e32 750iL installed. New Guibo, DUDMD engine tune, and the shop will also diagnose why my aux fan isn't working - which I suspect is my fault from when I did the volvo swap.

After that, rust repair, rear door swap, fresh paint, fresh trim, and it comes home to get the euro m5 interior installed. I've been piecing together the remainder of parts I'll need for the swap. I'm doing a two tone theme because I didn't feel I'd be able to match the right grey with the door panel tops for a dash. I'm going to swap the hurricane inserts from the door panels into a set of *i'm still looking for* mint black '95 leather door panels. I have a black dash, and just ordered a black front center console with ASC, since my m5 shift surround is cut *by me* for the ASC button. I have a black shift boot already, I ordered an OEM black leather boot, we'll see if those stay or end up in alcantara to match the seats. And I'm in the works buying an electric rear sunshade which includes the rear console section with switch. I got the passenger side speaker kick panel, need the dead pedal still. and the trim along the bottom of the door, carpet, visors? Also in the process of buying rear headrest brackets and rear grey seatbelts
    I plan to have the shop cover the pillar trim and headliner with black microsuede, do you think the lower b pillars should be black or recovered in the microsuede as well? Been wondering.

unnamed by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    IMG_2510 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    IMG_2515 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    IMG_2520 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    IMG_2519 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    IMG_2522 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    IMG_2501 by WestonHelmsley, on FlickrIMG_2509 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK

My Cars
    01 M5, 93 M5, 94 525iT
    I'm in the process of recovering the touring headliner in charcoal micro suede and am not doing the lower B pillars. The car is Orient Blue with a Silver Gray interior. I'm going with charcoal because the dash and tops of the door panels are a darker gray. I'm leaving the lower B pillars alone to continue the contrast. I guess the question for you is do you want contrast since the headliner will be black and the seats will be gray. Are you using black carpet once you switch to the new seat covers? Are the M5s with your new interior all gray? I've never seen an E34 M5 in person with that interior. Crazy thing is I've only ever ridden in my E34 M5 but it's all black.
    Tommy L.

(
    oOO \ (IIII) (IIII) / OOo)

-o- (##########) -o-

2001 BMW M5 LMB
    LHD Euro
    Bilstein PSS, Black Kidneys, Dinan Rear Anti-sway Bar, Matte Black Style 65, UUC SSK w/DSSR, Alpine iLX-007, Alpine MRV-F 340 Amp, Boston Acoustics Pro components, Alpine MRP-M450 Amp, Infinity Kappa 102.7W Sub x2

Current Garage:

1993 BMW M5
    1994 BMW 525i Touring 5spd
    2004 Ford SVT Lightning

My Cars
    2016 640i, 1990 535iM
    cant wait to see the final results.

I just got 7 body panels back from a paint place after 7 months!!!!!!!!!!!! and I was very unpleased so hopefully the guys you reached out to is great. since then I found a new paint guy whom is quite nice. I will have him re do my drivers door. the others I will just have to deal with. until maybe next year (2018) just glad my parts are safe.

the blue and the hurricane interior is going to look great!
    2016 640i Coupe'
    1990 Bmw 535i Turbo 600whp

1999 740iL: Sold
    1997 740i: Crashed and Parted
    1988 535i: Crashed and Parted
    1988 528e: Crashed and parted
    IG- @Rogetta_Stone

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin025 View Post
    I'm in the process of recovering the touring headliner in charcoal micro suede and am not doing the lower B pillars. The car is Orient Blue with a Silver Gray interior. I'm going with charcoal because the dash and tops of the door panels are a darker gray. I'm leaving the lower B pillars alone to continue the contrast. I guess the question for you is do you want contrast since the headliner will be black and the seats will be gray. Are you using black carpet once you switch to the new seat covers? Are the M5s with your new interior all gray? I've never seen an E34 M5 in person with that interior. Crazy thing is I've only ever ridden in my E34 M5 but it's all black.
    Right on, I'm doing a mostly black interior I've decided. So while the door panels are grey, I will be pulling the inserts from them into black 1995 door panels with the leather. I ended up buying black lower b pillars to match that plan, still on the hunt for mint black 95 door panels though. The seat bottoms have grey plastic which I will swap with black plastic (around the electric controls) to match my otherwise black interior.

Quote Originally Posted by E38740iMD View Post
    cant wait to see the final results
    I just got 7 body panels back from a paint place after 7 months!!!!!!!!!!!! and I was very unpleased so hopefully the guys you reached out to is great. since then I found a new paint guy whom is quite nice. I will have him re do my drivers door. the others I will just have to deal with. until maybe next year (2018) just glad my parts are safe.
    the blue and the hurricane interior is going to look great!
    Thanks! The car is going to Convenience Collision in PA. It was recommended by Levent of Guten Parts. That's where they send their restoration work and I met the owner, he is the kind of guy I want doing my body work. Expensive, slow, methodical, and detail oriented. I might not have the car back for this May "the Vintage" but I will have it for the warm months nonetheless, perhaps bimmerfest 2017 will see a completed or mostly completed car

Received these bits in the mail today...
    E34 interior swap by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    And that will compliment this black dash I already have had for some years waiting..
    Untitled by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr

I need to get those top vents sorted, three missing.

Also, I haven't received it yet, but it has been shipped to me....

Which will complete the center console needs. and add a nice little euro touch

Found a part out of an m5, bought a full set of seatbelts- even though my new interior came with fronts, it didn't come with rears, I suspect they're nearly the same, but atleast the new set will match itself. I also got the rear headrest mounts from that m5. Need to get black seatbelt surrounds upper and lower for the rear now.

Lastly, the shop that's doing my diff install (where my brother works, AutoCouture Motoring in Fair Lawn NJ) sent me this photo today of the e32 3.15 LSD getting some refresh after sitting in my moms basement for years lol.
    3.15 LSD from e32 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr

feels great to have rekindled the love for this project. and financial woes! lol

-Wes

My Cars
    2016 640i, 1990 535iM
    awesome. im not sure if I will be to vintage but I will be to bimmerfest. see you then!

in for the final results
    2016 640i Coupe'

IG- @Rogetta_Stone

My Cars
    1989 535i Manual
    Very awesome, keep it up man

"Big Red" 9/88 Build 535i/5: E.A.T. Chip, 24lb Bosch Design III, 3.46 LSD, 4x Clear corners, DINAN-style 750i muffler, Racing King Subframe Inserts, Koni/Vogtland suspension, E34 M5 swaybars, Brembo/Porterfield brakes, Turbodiesel grills, 16" Style 8 rims, Euro front plate, M5 rear filler plate.
    Save
    Save

My Cars
    '91 M5
    Looking forward to seeing how you pull it all together Wes.
    Current Fleet:
    E34 1991 M5 Macaoblau on Complete (ruined)Leather Champagne - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1705166

Past:
    E34 1989 535i 5-Speed AlpineweissII on Natur - Parted
    E34 1992 525i 5-Speed Islandgrun on Pergament - Parted
    E34 1995 540i 6-Speed ShwarzII on Shwarz - Sold to Sneezy.
    E34 1995 525i 5-Speed Calypso Red on Parchment - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1748143 - Sold locally.
    E39 1998 528i 5-Speed Black on Black - Sold locally.
    E34​ 1993 M5 Alpinweiss on Black - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...lpinweissII-M5 - Parted

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    December 2016 e34 interior by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    baseline picture I took. I won't be swapping the interior until after the body work, but still. Current state.

E34 at ACM by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    The car has had these brakes, but they're getting a new life. Fresh OEM rotors and Hawk Street pads front and rear, The fronts are e31 840ci 4pot brembos. OEM e34 540 rears. New stainless lines and I believe new rear hard lines will be needed because of some corrosion.

bye old crusty diff

hello rev shift poly subframe mounts

that's all for now. My brother is the one doing the work, which I'm glad about since I get photo updates

My Cars
    Five of them
    Love the progress. I would love to buy those front seats and door panels after you do the interior swap if the come up for sale. I'm sorta local, in Annapolis MD.
    Cars:

03 540 M Sport 6 speed
    89 Chrysler Conquest TSI
    94 NA Miata Black&Tan
    04 Porsche Carrera Cab speed
    67 MK2 Spitfire w GT6 Drivetrain
    63 VW Beetle

and a minivan

My Cars
    E30 M3, E34 M5, E36 M3
    That new interior will completely transform your car. I'm looking forward to pictures of the result of your efforts!

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Minor update, car is still at the mechanic's shop my brother works at. The stainless lines are installed, brakes bled and good to go. But the rear hardlines will need to be replaced when the car returns from the body shop as they are corroded.

Also of note, when I had my exhaust modified a few years back at a custom exhaust shop "KC's exhaust" in Ramsey, NJ - they did a bit of a hack job. It was an old dude who rode a harley, smoked cigs while working, and had a long beard, at the time it felt like a great idea - in retrospect, he did a piss awful job. The exhaust was all rusted, and welded to be one piece (resonator delete and magna flow install.

The shop is fixing that for me for now, and I believe I'll be changing the exhaust setup when the car is back from the body shop. I'm thinking removing cats (since NJ has no inspection for cars this old anymore) and installing a more complete exhaust system like a billy boat, or perhaps just a period correct sport muffler and custom piping back to it... open to ideas if you have them

That's all for now. Not sure, but perhaps I will be able to drive the car this weekend a little bit - which would make me absolutely giddy if so. As it's supposed to be picked up by the body shop next week :o and then away for about 5 months I think

edit: that's the old guibo and diff mounts there, with the flange from the e32 diff as well

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Well, scored some more euro goodies since last posting here. Car is still at the body shop, lots of delays but they've begun now and i'm eagerly awaiting updates. So far I've learned my m sport rear might not be in as good of shape as I thought. I will be bringing my OEM inner metal bumper for them to swap as the one on the car is corroded ( i knew this was going to have to happen one day, but been putting it off lol).

edit: not sure where the photo went, but I got a driver side glove box in black as well

As you can see I paid a premium for the trim but WOW i'm excited for that. going to be PERFECT with the black interior and grey seats. Now I need to buy black seat bottom plastics, threshold trim, inner door gaskets and i'm still hunting for a black OEM carpet (dark grey really, but if a black one shows up .....)

-Wes

My Cars
    E34, E30, 240sx
    i cannot wait for this. You got a good source for the parts or just ebay?

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Wes, awesome progress.

But plz charge your phone.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    The shift knob that has the matching wood is for a 5 speed, does anyone know how possible it is to switch that upper decal to a 6 speed variant? I have a ZHP 6 speed knob in the car now, but the matching wood would be a nice OEM touch. I'll probably leave the M5 shift surround i have now though, and bench the coffee table surround matching wood

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by struka View Post
    i cannot wait for this. You got a good source for the parts or just ebay?
    Just eBay, i check it a few times a week I was checking for "e34 trim" e34 rare "e34 euro" etc etc.

My Cars
    1995 540/6 Calypsorot
    I might have the 6 speed variant of that exact knob. Let me check for you. (I stuck with my ZHP knob)

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    ^That's a better option, but the emblem will pop off easily as well (use a knife), and a new one can be glued on.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by UnrulyGrace View Post
    I might have the 6 speed variant of that exact knob. Let me check for you. (I stuck with my ZHP knob)
    Please do let me know, that would be pretty rad - but with the matching wood??

Also, @unrulygrace - good tip, thanks.

I stopped by the body shop and dropped off the OEM shadow line that I bought Here are some photo updates for the records

Bodywork updates e34 individual 540 by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr
    patch panel for here is in the trunk, a bit of the fender will have to be made as the patch panel doesn't quite cover the rust. no worries though

and the wood trim arrived, I only took a quick peak at it while I was at my moms in NJ (where i have the car parts shipped to, not my apt in brooklyn).

Very exciting things going on, but it will be a while before i'm driving this bad boy again. Haven't even had a chance to drive it since before the 3.15 LSD and DUDMD chip went in!!! it's been 7 months since I've driven in and I think 6 months at the body shop already. They're giving me a discount, hence my patience, and their level of detail is very reassuring. I'll post pics of what else they do sometime soon. Very cool shop recommended to me by Guten parts in NJ. it's Convenience Collision in Bangor PA, and matt, the owner, is the kind of guy you WANT doing your bodywork.

That's all for now. -Wes

My Cars
    1995 540/6 Calypsorot
    What's that wood trim color called? I think mines too dark being the graphite birds eye maple.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by UnrulyGrace View Post
    What's that wood trim color called? I think mines too dark being the graphite birds eye maple.
    I'm not positive, I'll have to have a closer look at it soon. At first glance in my phone photo versus the ebay ad photo it's actually not as grey as I was hoping. Might still set off the interior nicely though

My Cars
    2016 640i, 1990 535iM
    Nice to see updates.

My car got smacked so now it being repaired almost similar. Both our cars should turn out great.

Hope to see more soon
    2016 640i Coupe'

IG- @Rogetta_Stone

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Got some updates from the body shop! https://www.conveniencecollision.com

Got some primer laid down, obviously the doors are not swapped yet, those are being worked on off the car so the insides can be sprayed proper OEM color (all four replacement doors ended up being oxford green). I know it's still a long way from done but it's hard to contain my excitement. I am THRILLED the shop is sending me pictures - especially since I'm based in Brooklyn right now and they are out in Bangor PA (right across the NJ border). I knew choosing the right shop was going to be a key part of this. Great communication.

Now that we've gotten to this stage it's time for me to get back to NJ and split the OZ's for refinishing/polishing. Can't be putting dirty ass wheels on a fresh car!!

Not sure I mentioned in this thread, but I scored some OEM shadow line and the Convenience will be refinishing that to OEM goodness. I spotted the OEM windshield last time I was there as well

E34 bodywork updates by WestonHelmsley, on Flickr

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    I feel silly asking, but you're re-spraying in Mauritiusblau, correct?

That re-spray must be so exciting, I can't wait to bite the bullet and do the same (except x2 E34s )
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    He would have to change his thread title, so i doubt hes departing from the individual color

Well done Wes, love the progress. I wish i had this much motivation for mine haha.
    -Alex

My Cars
    E34 M5
    !!!! wow !!!!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast