Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Hans, 1 of 1 '95 540i/6, "Mauritiusblau Metallic"

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540

"Project" thread: Hans, 1 of 1 '95 540i/6, "Mauritiusblau Metallic"

Hey bf.c, I have been coming here regularly for quite some time now and feel it's time for my car to have a thread. A saga of his progress, and rarity

Hans, a 1995 540i Sport. Not quite the rarity of the m-sport in that aspect, but Hans is factory painted an 8 series color. Mauritus Blue Metallic or Mauritiusblau Metallic. That's a pretty cool fact, but even cooler is that in 1995 NO other 540i/6 was painted this color. In the registry there's only one entry. Mauritiusblau/pergament. And that's Hans.

I met this car years ago, never intending to own it or even drive it. I was in high school, one of the earlier years I'd say, and saw it in the driveway at a friends house. He told me it was an m5 and proceeded do to a burnout in it (I know, I know.....) Before getting yelled at

Fast forward to June of 2011, I see my friend posting a picture of Hans on facebook, and jokingly wrote "lemme get dat" I was interested because I bought my e39 540iA sport last year, and developed an addiction to BMW's. Such great body lines, but anyway. He mentioned that he actually was planning to sell it, and being nearly the same car i had (model wise atleast) but with the coveted 6speed transmission that i was about not searching harder for before. After going to check it out, noticing how dirty it was, and also how much potential was there. We negotiated down to 3000. The car was in great running shape, needing only a few mechanical things, and plenty of DIY type things. Which is why i started this thread.

(I was not willing to let this deal pass me by, so I bought Hans before selling my e39. Long story short that took all summer to sell, but sold about a week ago now for 6500.)

I was told alot of things about this e34 by the previous owners son, my friend from high school. Not alot of these things turned out to be true, fully. He told me the car was an m-sport, not quite. He told me the car was a custom dinan blue, not quite. I researched and figured out this before buying or right at the time of buying though, not a huge deal.

Some pluses though, The Original owner (Him, then my friends dad, then me) Had a Big brake kit installed, which is the reason for not having the stock wheels anymore, 15s just won't fit. Also, he left the window sticker in the glovebox, and saved all the receipts. I have a STACK of paperwork, reading through it all is fun and interesting.

So on to why i started this thread, Saving/Restoring/Driving/Loving this car the way it should be.

Here are a few pictures from when i first got the car

Since then,

I replaced two oil pressure lines to aleviate a leak and replaced a power steering fluid hose to alleviate another leak thus far. New control arms are up next on the list.

Also, I fixed the seat twist problem, had a bit of fun with that

Also did a fair bit of vacuuming, found about 5 dollars in change and 2 thousand pens underneath the seats. Up next was the glove box catch. This broke and rather than replace the part, since he was really not driving the car too much anymore, just strung a piece of 12gauge wire through there to hold it closed. That had to get fixed, fast. Haha.

Money shot

idea of the color, looks almost purple in the sun sometimes. very deep

after removing the dreaded m-badge.

installing a black grille, as there was no grille at all when i bought it. Apparently due to pitting, the PO removed the chrome one and just left it alone.

I put the m-par replicas from my e39 on for a while, but then needed to sell the e39 with them, so they're no longer on Hans.

I also bought an m5 filler plate for the trunk, love the look

Last week i had the car detailed by Bret, a forum member on here who does the "WaxWerks Details" paint came out great, looks so refreshed.

And most recently, i installed Depo's "clear package". Tails, Side markers, and Front corners. I can't get over how much cleaner/newer the car looks.

Lots more coming, its mostly still in the mail

Thanks for reading and I'll keep this thread going as i update/change Hans around.

~Wes
    Last edited by staystackin; 09-11-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - Hans - Mauritiusblau Metallic - Ultimate Klasse - Progress Thread: LINK

My Cars
    i3, Z3 and an Alfa Romeo
    glad you took the M badge off. I asked a few friends recently what the best blue color is and NikosX suggested this exact color. looks good

My Cars
    i3, Z3 and an Alfa Romeo
    glad you took the M badge off. I asked a few friends recently what the best blue color is and NikosX suggested this exact color. looks good

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Thank God you removed that silly M-Badge. Car looks good man, plans for the suspension?

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Thank God you removed that silly M-Badge. Car looks good man, plans for the suspension?

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Christ.

At least it met a good owner..

My Cars
    N/A
    Hottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

What a fine piece of machine for three grand...
    How many miles?
    You gonna rebadge it with the 540i logo?

Oh and you neeeed some M-Pars again because that car looks amazing with M-Pars. What a beautiful blue. Congratulations on something so unique.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Sweet job! Get smileys and low and it should be pretty good!
    Current: '88 E28 ///M5 Schwarz/Natur | '84 E23 745i Arktisblau/Biege | '95 E34 525iT S50/5 AlpineweissIII/Pergament | '11 E70 X5 Alpine/Savannah | '05 G55k Schwarz/Schwarz

Past: '83 E28 533i/5 Schwarz/Schwarz | '85 E23 745i Diamantschwarz/Buffalo | '95 E34 540i/6 Hellrot/Pergament | '00 E39 ///M5 SchwarzII/Schwarz | '15 RAMME 1500 4x4 Sport Weiss/Schwarz

My Cars
    86 911, 91 XJ
    looks much better....also you need to fix that grille the center is popping out further than it should

My Cars
    1990 BMW 535i/5
    Nice buy- that car is cash, dude. Especially that money shot of the "BMW Individual"

My Cars
    318ti; 528it
    car looks great man!
    - 95 540i/6 ... RIP
    - 98 318ti/5 - daily
    - 99 528it/A - family wagon
    - 71 240z - project/headache

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Son View Post
    looks much better....also you need to fix that grille the center is popping out further than it should
    Ugh yeah i know, apparently the car was in some sort of crash or something during its lifespan. The original owner, who was also a corner cutter :/ ... I want to replace the elipsoids with smileys and in doing so, "rebuild" the entire front end. It's quite "jimmy rigged" together at this point. I need the front support that everything clips onto, the one in the car is bent and nothing fits right. After that from a parts car (and a load of clips) I should have the front end looking tip top.

I wonder though, is that part connected to the radiator though? I've been trying to find it on REALoem, and found what I think it is. I'd really rather find a parts car here in Jersey, in an ideal world it would come from someone who would just be down to help me out installing and rebuilding the front. Hey, we can dream

And Thanks everybody, I have to agree. When i got the car home, my brother (who's all about his subaru wrx/sti clone) and I both noted that this car is going to love being owned by myself.

My Cars
    e39 540i/6
    The color is amazing. I love it. Looks like the car fell into the right hands to be well taken care of. Enjoy it!

My Cars
    '93 525i
    Beautiful 540i! Loving that color. Keep us updated on your work.

My Cars
    bmw e30 318ia
    The colors of my home land mauritius island

My Cars
    1995 M540i 1990 320i
    I agree, great color and the M-pars have to go back on!!!!Nice buy!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i
    Looks really nice!!

That color seems similar to what i have on my car; orient blue...yes?
    '95 Orient Blue 525i w/Premium Package: DDM 5000K HID's, M5 License Plate Filler, Clear Corners, 35% Tint

My Cars
    '93 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchm60 View Post
    Looks really nice!!

Mauritiusblau Metallic.

My Cars
    86 911, 91 XJ
    Quote Originally Posted by staystackin View Post
    Ugh yeah i know, apparently the car was in some sort of crash or something during its lifespan. The original owner, who was also a corner cutter :/ ... I want to replace the elipsoids with smileys and in doing so, "rebuild" the entire front end. It's quite "jimmy rigged" together at this point. I need the front support that everything clips onto, the one in the car is bent and nothing fits right. After that from a parts car (and a load of clips) I should have the front end looking tip top.

I wonder though, is that part connected to the radiator though? I've been trying to find it on REALoem, and found what I think it is. I'd really rather find a parts car here in Jersey, in an ideal world it would come from someone who would just be down to help me out installing and rebuilding the front. Hey, we can dream

And Thanks everybody, I have to agree. When i got the car home, my brother (who's all about his subaru wrx/sti clone) and I both noted that this car is going to love being owned by myself.
    I dont believe its connected to the rad. If you can find a parts car which shouldnt be a problem you can snag the parts you need. And you can buy Smilies from sskoda for a great price.

My Cars
    540i
    Hope you got bumper trim coming in the mail to get rid of those awful indicators you guys get stuck with Clear lenses bring it into the 21st century, worthy addition to any E34.

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Son View Post
    I dont believe its connected to the rad. If you can find a parts car which shouldnt be a problem you can snag the parts you need. And you can buy Smilies from sskoda for a great price.
    Yeah, all the "partout" cars are located on the west coast (via the classifieds on here atleast). But that's the plan, just pick up the stuff i need from there, I hate that it was put back together shitty because of a few bent pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jingjoh View Post
    Hope you got bumper trim coming in the mail to get rid of those awful indicators you guys get stuck with Clear lenses bring it into the 21st century, worthy addition to any E34.
    Yes! Haha, its crazy the change when you drop the orange. My euro trim is in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Winchm60 View Post
    Looks really nice!!
    Yeah it's a similar color, if both were dirty you might not be able to tell the difference, But when this color is clean and you see it in the light, it's depth shows. Lots of metallic flakes in there, shines nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4bmw View Post
    I agree, great color and the M-pars have to go back on!!!!Nice buy!
    Ugh yeah, the 16 inch millie's will be the winter wheels. I want to get some OEM m-pars. staggered from an e38 or e39. Its funny the wheels are actually pretty similar, 5 twin spokes. But no lip and quite small. Perfect winter wheels if you ask me.

So if anybody has a lead on some OEM m-pars please let me know. I have considered some t-stars too, but I'm thinking 18's are going to look better than the 17's. Plus staggered almost isn't even an option for t-stars, price considered.

My Cars
    1995 540i
    sweet car

My Cars
    1995 525i 5spd
    Sweet looking car, get the mpars back on. I think you just sold me on the new colour for my car.

Sent from my X10a using BF.com

My Cars
    '95 540i ,'02 pathfinder
    if you're talking about that piece of metal that goes behind the headlamps, the thin one. its connected to the core support. remove bumper, grill surround and headlamps and you'll see it. there are two bolts right behind the grill. its a cheap part. lemme know if you want one, there are a few e34s in the yard near me.
    95 540i beat around thingamajig
    02 pathfinder lifted

My Cars
    '95 6spd 540
    Yes that's exactly the piece,where the grill should clip into and whatnot. I'm also going to need other new pieces up front, I want do it right. The headlight grill surrounds and all the mounting clips. But this would be a great start to the parts I'll need.

I'll PM you. Thanks!

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast