Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW Scanner: Connection Error With IKE and EWS

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330 Coupe

BMW Scanner: Connection Error With IKE and EWS

Hi all,

I bought a USB diagnostic tool Chinese + BMW Scanner.

The software is well recognized, the drivers too.

I plug-in the diagnostic tool on the car,
    then I run the program, finally I put the key in ignition
    and when I run "Car Ident" I have these two errors: "Connection error with IDE" then "Connection error with EWS."

BMW Scanner recognized only 2 modules (DME and EGS).
    I have access to live data from DME module.

All other modules are "not found".

I try different software version, I also try two laptops (on Windows Vista 32bit, and Windows XP SP3), same problem..

Do you have an idea?

The car is a 2001 BMW 330i coupe, automatic gearbox.
    Last edited by alexalouit; 11-06-2011 at 10:49 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Do you have another (round) diagnostic connector under the hood or only the OBD2 (16-pin) inside the car under the dashboard?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330 Coupe
    Hello Beemer187,

Thank you for your help.

My e46 has only the connection ODB2,
    But my dad has a e39 (20-pins round connector under the hood), I await the delivery of the adapter ODB2 to 20-pins, and I would try it.

My Cars
    E46 328i 99
    I had have a similiar problem before.In E46 2002 only with OBD2 connector BMW SCANNER didn't want to connect with modules except enigne.
    The solution was to disassemble device and bridge 7&8 pin.Since now it has been working flawessly.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330 Coupe
    Hi PitrekT,

thanks for your rapid feedback,

I've open the device, 7&8 pins was already bridged.

Do you have any other ideas? Is your device similar to mine?
    Last edited by alexalouit; 11-06-2011 at 10:45 AM.

My Cars
    E46 328i 99
    Pin 7&8 are not bridged There is pin1 & 2 bridged.
    Check pin assigment of OBD connector and then you will see

http://www.automation-drive.com/obd2-connector

PS
    The insides is the same like mine.Other thing is that by using OBD1--->OBD2 adaptor everythings works because in round connector communication lines are bridged and all is transfered to pin7 in OBD2 connector
    Last edited by PitrekT; 09-03-2011 at 11:18 AM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330 Coupe
    It works perfectly. Thank you!
    I hope this thread will be used to other people too, cause I didn't find any correct solution..

Best regards

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 M

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alexalouit View Post
    It works perfectly. Thank you!
    I hope this thread will be used to other people too, cause I didn't find any correct solution..

Best regards
    Alexalouit - do you mind sharing a picture of what your device looks like now that 7 & 8 are bridged.... I have the exact problem you were having, and after opening my device it looks just like yours.... but I don't want to mess it up.... specially my car's computer.

Thank you... I would really appreciate it.

Jeff,

My Cars
    E46 328i 99
    RED line is showing what pins need to bridged

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330 Coupe
    Hi JeffChaPz,

Sorry not to be as fast as PitrekT

Here is my case (returned photo):

For information, it works perfectly on my e46 (330ci auto gearbox) and my e39 (525tds). But I try it on a E36 (328i wagon) and e30 (320i Coupe), and I always make the same mistakes ("Connection error with IDE" then "Connection error with EWS.").

Best regards,
    Alex
    Last edited by alexalouit; 11-06-2011 at 10:50 AM.

My Cars
    323i 2000

e46 2000

I did the bridge, still don't work.

i have besides the odb port, a round port under hood.
    any ideas

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i
    Will this work for the 1.3.6 Scanner I'm getting the same message..Should I bridge the two pins ?

My Cars
    Too many

My Cars
    E46 328I
    Hi there Guys,

Like mentioned before, i also bridged the two pins, but still comes up with the IKE error message, i would really appreciate any advice or help, could it be the software?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323Ci
    I just got mine yesterday and I tried it today first was the driver giving me a headache to update them cause the software didn't work w/o an update then after that I connected the scanner then to laptop and it says to turn on ignition and click continue but it says this with it off or on so when I have it on then the IKE crap comes up and everything else is not found and im doing this on my gf 2000 323ci.

P.S also i installed the software that it came with then uninstall it and dl from a couple diff website and still same results.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 528i

im unsure

i also have p.a.soft 1.4.0 with 2 connectors on the car one under dash one round one under hood im getting no ike connection error will this mod elliminate me needing the 20 pin round connector.

My Cars
    1990 E30, 1998 E46 318i
    Hi, I performed the soldering procedure on my scanner and tried it on a friend's 316ti it connected to virtually all modules. Same scanner could only connect DME on my 1998 318i E46. Pls can anyone suggest what could be wrong with my car? It will surely be appreciated.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 525 IA

Connection error with IKE and EWS

This problem seems to have no real sollutions at the momement. I'm having the same problem. I would like to try the looping of 7 & 8 pins if it's the solution for my 1999 BMW 525 ia. Does any one have an Idea or have got it working.

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    Ok I got the carsoft 1.40 and it doesn't connect to my 2000 m roadster obd2 port or 20 pin, my buddies 97 e36 M3, or the 2003 325i e46....

Connection error with IKE and EWS also DME not found, does this on all cars laptop runs xp home and installed the software as instructed in the pdf. WTF!?!?!?!?

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by SWISS View Post
    Ok I got the carsoft 1.40 and it doesn't connect to my 2000 m roadster obd2 port or 20 pin, my buddies 97 e36 M3, or the 2003 325i e46....

Connection error with IKE and EWS also DME not found, does this on all cars laptop runs xp home and installed the software as instructed in the pdf. WTF!?!?!?!?
    What hardware interface are you using with Carsoft?

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Carsoft does not have a v1.40. PA Soft does tho....
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    M10
    Where do you guys buying these clones? I have bought five 1.4 units from resettools and never had any problems with connections.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    Last edited by wyccka; 02-26-2013 at 02:01 AM.

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    Ive got a few setups I have the PA soft with the e90 on the front and it didnt work, So I got q setup of INPA from a friend he used on his e65 and it doesn't connect either. I aslo have this called dashsoft 2.x

My car is 2000 M roadster. and I also need to code a battery to a 2004 645i.

Plz advise coding gods.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Throw it all in the trash and get a functional INPA/DIS setup with proper interface...
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2001 bmw 330ci
    I swear, do you guys not know how to use the google search bar? man, if you can't even figure out a solution to a simple problem like this, perhaps connecting to your car is a bad idea. I noticed that most of you who are having "major" connecting issues and throw your fits and cry about it without looking for answers, your cars were all made 2000 or before then. You need the round port adapter connected to the end of that obd2 16 pin cable, and go plug up to the one underneath your hood, not the one by the driver. for those older than a 1996, you are not even in the same ball park.

for the guy with the 2000 m roadster, your problem is a little more unique. having tried the scanner on multiple cars spanning from obd to obd2 connectors, i believe the fault lies in the scanner itself. yes, they crap out. yes, they crap out before you can even use it. I've purchased 4 of those things already, although 2 were given away so only 1 crap out on me. it sucks and its hard to believe but you get what you pay for. since i didn't pay much for it, i didn't expect much from it.

now you said you got a "setup" from a guy who had an e65. 1st off, what year was it? if newer than 2007, there's your 1st problem. his "setup" would've not worked for your car. the process if he didn't show you how to set it up would've different.are you sure the cable was backwards compatible with kline? and when you are using his cable, are you also attaching the 20 pin round adapter and going under the hood? that should be the only place you should be attempting to connect. actually, my mistake, for e65s, it didn't matter what year it was. they used fiber optic cables to read out the dme and such. never would have worked for you

one question, the pa soft would've never been able to connect to your buddy's e36. now its got me thinking, did you confirm that your car was on the list of approved cars? even if it isn't, why would other cables not work? you're not setting it up correctly
    Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 04-12-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast