BAVToys

Thread: H8 led halo bulbs -- error code possible?

My Cars
    2007 328XI Coupe Sport

H8 led halo bulbs -- error code possible?

I HAVE A 2007 328XI COUPE, I WANT TO CHANGE THE HALO'S TO LED IF I REPLACE THEM WITH A STANDARD H8 LED BLUB AM I SUCCEPTABLE TO AN ERROR CODE? I ALSO PLAN ON CONVERTING THE FOGS TO THE SAME AS MY OWNERS MANUAL STATES THEY ARE THE SAME BULB.

BULB SPECS
    Socket Type: H8/H11
    DC 12V
    Luminous flux: 250Lm

My Cars
    e46 330ci
    I suspect you will get an error code as the LED pulls less voltage which will make it look like the bulb is burnt out... but on a 2007 im not positive.
    OEM items for sale E46 - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/classifieds.php?p[vb_username]=bin0101&p[vb_userid]=110067

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Depends on the type of bulb you use. A lot of people have had success with Weisslicht but I tried two sets on my wife's 07 328 coupe and we kept getting "parking lamp failure".

They're not supposed to throw a code because of the transformer/resistor it comes with but our car may have been an exception.

My Cars
    BMW s320

Re

Many LED lamps have become available as replacements for screw-in incandescent or compact fluorescent light bulbs, ranging from low-power 5–40 watt incandescent bulbs, through conventional replacement bulbs for 60 watt incandescent bulbs.led spot lighting

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    H8 bulbs is too big for a halo light if your talking about the light rings in your headlights (angel eyes).

H8 will be a full size bulb used as a driving light. Your halo lights will be much smaller bulbs.

Just to clear things up if I understand what you're asking.

I have had mixed results with LED's I used them for my front turn signals on my old e36, it never threw a code, but it did make my car blink much faster.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    H8 bulbs is too big for a halo light if your talking about the light rings in your headlights (angel eyes).

H8 will be a full size bulb used as a driving light. Your halo lights will be much smaller bulbs.

Just to clear things up if I understand what you're asking.

I have had mixed results with LED's I used them for my front turn signals on my old e36, it never threw a code, but it did make my car blink much faster.
    H8 bulb is actually the correct type of bulb for an E9x. The angel eyes are plastic tubes that are lit up "fiber optic style".

Your E36 never threw a code because the lights blinking twice WAS the "code". When the E36 thinks a bulb is blown (or in your case sensing too much resistance) it blinks that side twice as fast to let you know a bulb is out.

fyi I think you were smarter back in LI

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    I knew why it blinked faster, smarty pants. Was just saying my OBC never lit up like any other time a light went out.

As for the e90 halo lights, It's not a car I am too familiar with so I assumed it worked like the older styles. My mistake, I will admit that.

F'n Lawnguylanders.

Where my pics at foo?

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    you get them today hopefully. Going back to my father's place to pick up more of my stuff and I'll snap some shots of the wheels. now stop threadjacking foo!

My Cars
    2007 328XI Coupe Sport
    I bought resistors as well just in case, Those things are a joke man do they get hot. Unreal, i bought the H8 bulbs athey are supposedly a 13 watt man do they look dim, I am not impressed the led bulbs as well did no throw a code, I have to find brighter ones.