Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Official Bimmerforums Z4 Registry

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Thanks Pop for the info. So far I really love the car. Completely different than the somewhat raw '95 Miata M-edition which I had for over 15 years. And within those years I think spent a total of $2,500 in repairs etc., including tires. But I do realize the Z4 is completely different and along with that comes a price. Looking forward to many miles and years of premium motoring.

Oh and one more thing - should I invest in one of those Peake code readers? From what I've read it's either get one of those or take it to the dealership and get grossly overcharged for resetting your codes.
    Last edited by JimG Z4; 07-09-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG Z4 View Post
    Oh and one more thing - should I invest in one of those Peake code readers? From what I've read it's either get one of those or take it to the dealership and get grossly overcharged for resetting your codes.
    I would think one of those would be good for any car anymore....

My Cars
    z3
    You dont need to take it to the dealer to get codes read or reset, Autozone will read and reset the codes for no charge.

If you use the dealer to check out every CEL you get your going to go broke in no time...!!!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2005 Z4 2.5i
    (I actually posted this in the E89 sub-forum before I knew better )

Hello all,

I just bought a '05 Z4 2.5i. It's just over 100k, and I'm the third owner. The last owner was a co-worker who moved to the big city and didn't want to take it with him. He replaced the bumper with what I think is called the M version, but please correct me on that.

So far I'm very happy with the car itself. I'm having some problems with the Dice ipod kit the previous owner (a friend of mine) had installed, but I'm talking it to the local shop that installed it for help. I might look into replacing the unit with a Bluetooth module instead.

My Z4 has the phone buttons on the wheel, but not the required module to connect a phone. Is this something like the alarm system, just a module I can buy and plug in?

Here's the whip itself.

Any other general tips and tricks for this car? This is the first car I've owned that isn't a P.O.S. I got a great deal on it and I want to try to get the most out of it.

Thanks everyone!
    -Alex

My Cars
    2005 Z4 2.5i
    (I actually posted this in the E89 sub-forum before I knew better )

Hello all,

I just bought a '05 Z4 2.5i. It's just over 100k, and I'm the third owner. The last owner was a co-worker who moved to the big city and didn't want to take it with him. He replaced the bumper with what I think is called the M version, but please correct me on that.

So far I'm very happy with the car itself. I'm having some problems with the Dice ipod kit the previous owner (a friend of mine) had installed, but I'm talking it to the local shop that installed it for help. I might look into replacing the unit with a Bluetooth module instead.

My Z4 has the phone buttons on the wheel, but not the required module to connect a phone. Is this something like the alarm system, just a module I can buy and plug in?

Here's the whip itself.

Any other general tips and tricks for this car? This is the first car I've owned that isn't a P.O.S. I got a great deal on it and I want to try to get the most out of it.

Thanks everyone!
    -Alex

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    I don't have any tips but your car looks very nice. I can see it has been well taken care of. Hope you enjoy it.

M bumper for sure and looks sweet. There are plenty of threads about the Dice ipod connectors. It seems either they work or are total junk. That swayed me in the direction of USASPEC, which is really only an ipod interface, but solid and sounds great. For Bluetooth, folks have used an additional interface with it, but don't recall what it was. Perhaps someone here will know. There was also an interface shipped out of the UK, but seems to be mostly out of stock.

I'll post back if I find the links, unless someone beats me to it..

Congrats on the car.

My Cars
    z3
    Needs bigger wheels to work with that bumper imo, but car looks very nice

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Bmw Z4
    HI new to the forum and B M W, just bought a 2004 Z 4 about a month ago and love it . I want to thank the members here for the help you have already given me by just reading the forums I have replaced the broken rubber trim around the windshield (without removing the windshield) and added a back wind screen which has helped reduce the back wind a lot. I will be reading more and fixing other things that need to be addressed on my Z.
    thanks again Dave

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roadster

Hello from Westminster Colorado

This looks like as good a place as any to make my first post and say hello.

I just picked up a very clean 2003 Z4 2.5 in sliver/black heater key options and we are getting to know each other.

I am going to be putting the rear wind deflector on and cruise control as soon as the parts come in. Fun car and I am loving it so far.

So HELLO

Marc

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    Very nice! Welcome to the forum. This forum has been very helpful for the issues I have had with my 2003 since we bought it 6 months ago.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    I am a new member and recently purchased a 2003 (production date 3/13/2003) Z4 2.5i, 5-speed Steptronic auto trans, Maldives Blue Metallic, with beige full leather interior and dark beige soft top.

It is a one owner southern California car with 55,400 miles and has all the options (Convenience, Sport and Premium packages) in other words just about everything but heated seats and nav.

I purchased it from a BMW dealer so that I had the confidence that the car was fully checked out, detailed and serviced before I got it. They treated me very fairly and gave me what I think was a good price, a 90-day 50/50 warranty at no cost to me and provided detailed service records. The only blemishes it had was a curb scoffed front drivers side wheel, some scoffs on the front air dam and a cracked third brake light. Other than that, I looked like new and several friends have said they can't believe it is 11 years old. If you are anything like me you just fall in love with these roadsters and I am thankful that there wasn't something seriously wrong with it because it most likely would not have prevented me from buying it anyway. I drove it home from San Diego (500 miles) to Lake Tahoe and it ran perfectly and made an otherwise long and not so pleasant trip very enjoyable. I am a previous owner of a Miata and although I loved my Miata when I had her, there is just no comparison between the roadsters performance, handling and overall appearance, in my opinion.

I replaced the OEM third brake light myself (about $100) and the next thing I plan on doing is installing the OEM AUX-IN cable and ashtray adaptor and a third market iPhone mount so that I can listen to music and make calls using Siri, hands free, over the radio speakers. I am debating whether to get a new or used wheel, but will probably think about that for a while. Now, I can't wait until summer!

I have already used this forum for information about the brake light replacement, researching the AUX-IN adaptor and for cleaning out the window washer fluid reservoir. I know I will get much more invaluable knowledge from all of you in the future. Thank you!

I will post a picture if someone will tell me how to do it!

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Sorry, my first post didn't appear after 24-hours so I posted again.
    Last edited by Sailermon; 12-20-2014 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Unnecessary duplication.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    Sounds nice. Post some pics. BTW you can just buy a can of spray paint and redo your wheel. I had to do that to one of mine. Wurth is a very good match to BMW wheels. You can get it at AutoGeek. Just google BMW wheel paint. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...82001339,d.eXY

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by craig48 View Post
    Sounds nice. Post some pics. BTW you can just buy a can of spray paint and redo your wheel. I had to do that to one of mine. Wurth is a very good match to BMW wheels. You can get it at AutoGeek. Just google BMW wheel paint. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...82001339,d.eXY
    Thanks... I will check it out!

My Cars
    2004 Z4 3.0i
    Hello all. I just bought a 2004 3.0i Steptronic with 53,000 miles on it. Previous owner drove it on weekends, and like many others, needed to sell when he started a family. This is by far the nicest car I have ever owned, and am looking forward to driving it for years and years, as I tend to keep my cars for a very long time. I am going to try to unload a photo showing the Z4, along with my old RX-7 convertible in the background. I loved that RX-7, but the Z4 is a hell of an upgrade! Looking forward to learning more about these great cars.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/264666...7649710948847/
    Last edited by Misterbee; 01-04-2015 at 09:51 PM.

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 3.0Si
    Hello everyone!

Been lurking these forums on and off now for a while as I waited for the right car to come up for sale. I just picked up (yesterday) a 2007 3.0Si (E85), black on black, with the sports package, a few comfort options, and just shy of 41k miles. It has some minor repairs I'll need to do (driver side cup holder, compartment handle between the passenger and driver) but nothing that takes away from my enjoyment.

She'll be my daily driver and I think she'll be the first car I ever develop a "bond" with. Looking forward to getting to know her better and (hopefully) become a contributing member to this forum.

Pictures soon! Since buying her we've had constant rain but I may just get some wet shots anyways.

My Cars
    1997 bmw 528i,2006bmw Z4
    Hi I am new to this. I have a 2006 bmw z4 3.0 si..black exterior and interior..
    are these cars reliable and good to tune??? lol

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 COUPE 2.8
    I do not plan to tune my coupe but they are reliable. 😊

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4,
    Hi all,

I purchased an 03 Z4 last September with 57k on her and I love it. Unfortunately it does suffer from the dreaded sticky steering syndrome. I'm looking into the best course of action at this time. Replace the column or try the BMWHA fix of greasing the column.

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekZ4 View Post
    Hi all,

I purchased an 03 Z4 last September with 57k on her and I love it. Unfortunately it does suffer from the dreaded sticky steering syndrome. I'm looking into the best course of action at this time. Replace the column or try the BMWHA fix of greasing the column.
    Just did one of the BMWHA fixes in the thread. Worked perfectly and very easy. Get eye protection.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4,
    Quote Originally Posted by KozyZ4 View Post
    Just did one of the BMWHA fixes in the thread. Worked perfectly and very easy. Get eye protection.
    Great! Did you use grease or the thin oil?

My Cars
    2005 BMW Z4 3.0i
    I did Stromtechs with the Remington Oil.

Think I might want to spray a little more as summer is coming but has improved considerably over the few weeks (as I assume it works its way around).

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4,
    Quote Originally Posted by KozyZ4 View Post
    I did Stromtechs with the Remington Oil.

Think I might want to spray a little more as summer is coming but has improved considerably over the few weeks (as I assume it works its way around).
    Great. I am leaning toward that method too. I think I read he ended up using tranny fluid a year later though. Not sure I want to put that in but I'm trying out a few other thin aerosol oils that will stay "wet" a bit longer than the Rem Oil.

BTW, BMWNA basically told me to stick it when I wrote them a letter about the dangerous steering. Not sure what I was expecting being that the car is 12 years old.
    Last edited by DerekZ4; 05-13-2015 at 09:23 PM.

My Cars
    2007 750i BMW; 2003 Z4 3.0 BMW; 2002 Lexus LS430;
    2003 3.0 Sterling Grey Metallic. Sport and Premium Packages with automatic transmission. Purchased in August 2006.
    Z4 2.JPG

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast