My Cars
    2008 BMW X3 3.0si

2008 X3 3.0si Stalled twice

My X3 stalled on me twice, both on the same day doing the same thing, and my dealer tells me there's no problems with the car and they cannot duplicate it.

Situation: Temp outside is 95F. Car is parallel parked. I hop in, start the car (A/C goes full blast to combat high temps), and pull out of the spot hard left to do a 3-point turn. During the hard left, the RPMs start bouncing down to 200 and back to 7-800. Then I put it into reverse to complete the 3-point turn, and the car stalls out.

According to the BMW techs, no fault codes registered, and they can't make it happen again. Only difference between then and now is that the temps have cooled significantly (72F instead of 95F).

Any idea as to why this is? My dealer's service department says there's nothing they can do unless they can duplicate it, so I basically have to have it happen to me again, then bring it back in, then hope they can duplicate it again, etc. Sounds like a nightmare.

My Cars
    95 M3 Coupe
    Seems like a power steering pressure switch or something. When the engine is at low speed and under load (power steering/ac)the idle should rise to keep it from stalling out.
    This is controlled by pressure switches. I think ac is automatic as soon as you turn it on... Just taking a wild stab at this An I idea for you maybe.

My Cars
    2002 bmw 325
    sounds to me the icv needs to be cleaned. they get full of carbon and need cleaning. if it sticks it wont set a fault.

also you need to let the car idle for 30 sec to a minute before just going. you need to let teh valvetronic set situated.
    02 BMW 325
    13 MB GLK350
    94 GMC sonoma 4x4 - hpd30/8.8 - toy
    15 MB GLA250 (wife's)
    01 Pontiac WS6 - Garage Queen
    12 RAM CC Hemi powered - new DD

GOIN BROKE BUT N STYLE

My Cars
    e36 m3
    See if the DME programming applies as per bulliten