Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had to do it again...

PB_M3 is offline Open cockpit ///M3 pilot
    My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP

Moon If you had to do it again...

If you had the choice to do it again, would you still choose an ///M3?

I bought a new 03 M3 SMG Cab. at the beginning of last year and have never second guessed my self once about the purchase.

I now have the opportunity to, if you will, start over and have serious influence in the purchase another similar vehicle.

What opinions do you all have about the 6 series w/SMG or the MB CLK55? No flames please, and yes, I know the MB only comes with a slushbox. Any other ideas for the sports coupe market? Budget is around $80 if that helps out at all.

Thank you all for any ideas that you have...
    "If I were flying my plane, I'd be there already"

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 & M5 & 04' 330i ZHP
    Get a Coupe E46 M3, you'll see the difference between the two cars. BTW I've driven both for a good period of time.

My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP
    Someone suggested the new Masserati? Maybe...

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I'd get another M3...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    02 M3, 02 996TT
    M3 coupe and conv. and completely different cars. If you seek more performance get an M3 Coupe 6 speed, forget the SMG. Put some suspension and engine mods on the car, wheels/tires and a UUC Evo3 and you will be thrilled with the results.

My Cars
    Spaceship
    I'd go for a used Maserati Coupe. You can pick them up in the low 70's. Very practical. Very powerful. Very good looking.
    -Jarrett

'04 Scoobaru STi
    Cobb Stage 2 Accessport, HKS 3'' Catless DP, Helix 3'' Catback, Progress Coilovers, Cobb 25mm R. Sway, Cobb Formula Street/Track Pads, Whiteline Diff. Bushings, Rota Torque 17x8 w/ Hankook RS-2, Omori 60mm Boost Gauge, Ricer Wing.

My Cars
    03' Jet Black M3
    Save more and get the new $100,000 Lambo Gallardo!

My Cars
    '01 M Roadster
    M3 simply because the MB has an auto. End of story.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I would have got the SMG... kicking myself ever since.......:
    ~Jonny

My Cars
    '03 Imola Red M3 Coupe
    For around $80k, I'd look at Porsches. The C4S, Targa, and Turbo models all are being marked down like crazy. Some people end up saving 10-15k on those.
    Imola Red/Black M3 Coupe

My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP
    I like your idea Raptor. I have always wanted a 911 C4S. Just afraid that they were a little too pricey ~$95,000. Also I'm not sure about the daily driveability of a Porsche...

My Cars
    03 ///M3
    I would not trade my M3 for ANYTHING except for a M3 GTR Streetversion or possibly a M3 CSL.
    03 ///M3 SG
    Bilstein PSS9/ TMS RSM's/ Autosolutions Ultra SSK/ TMS Sways/ SuperSprint Exhaust/ SS X-pipe/ R.E. TM's/ OEM CSL diffuser/ Recaro Sports in custom black suede/ OEM CSL brakes/ TMS rear camber arms/ Camber plates/ rear trailing arm bearings

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Originally posted by PB_M3
    I like your idea Raptor. I have always wanted a 911 C4S. Just afraid that they were a little too pricey ~$95,000. Also I'm not sure about the daily driveability of a Porsche...
    The C4S is on par with the M3... just more expensive. And a Porsche is very daily driveable. The only downside is, for the higher price, you are really giving up the backseat and trunk space.

I've never heard of anybody that had any problems with Porsche driveability or trackability. Just stay away from the Porsche Ceramic Brakes.

The biggest problem with a Porsche is the higher price... and then the freakin' 30 page option book you have to go through to pick out options for your car... the options can easily add another 15-20k to the car. I think the Porsche Power package alone is $15k
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP
    I would have to pass on the X51 package...Your right Kev, when I configured a car yesterday at porsche.com, the options alone, including full carbon(fiber) interior package came out to well over $110,000

My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP
    any thoughts on saving a couple $40,000 and etting a Mini w/ S Works package? It would have to be Silver with black stripes and fully loaded of course.

My Cars
    86 325es
    for 80k you could probly find a nice used 355

Later,
    Eric
    357 essw ( economy sport super widebody ) built by
    E-Fab Motorsports

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 & M5 & 04' 330i ZHP
    M5?

My Cars
    '03 Imola Red M3 Coupe
    How about a Lotus Elise for, what is it, $48k?
    Imola Red/Black M3 Coupe

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    any thoughts on saving a couple $40,000 and etting a Mini w/ S Works package? It would have to be Silver with black stripes and fully loaded of course.
    It's FWD... and while a very capable car, I doubt you would be happy with it. You'd be taking a serious hit in the power/braking department. Handling is pretty good, but you'd need to throw a whole lot of aftermarket parts at it to make it comparable.

My Cars
    1994 FD, 1999 Estoril M3
    masserati all the way, def. get the coupe though

My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP
    What about a CayenneS or a V8 Toureg?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    What about a CayenneS or a V8 Toureg?
    Definitely not in the sport car segment... but I have a Toureg (only the V6 version), and it's pretty nifty... but it's got a few "bugs". But I guess that's to be expected w/ a first MY vehicle.

If you get either... my suggestions. Get the V8 and get the adjustable ride height suspension...

My Cars
    '04 ED 330i ZHP
    Kev-
    What bugs have you noticed with your toureg?

The V8 feels bit more sporty than the V6 for sure. (I drove both)
    I also liked on the V8, that I could lower the ride height with a knob in the center console. The Air Suspension also acts similar to the Mercedes Active Body Control system.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Kev-
    What bugs have you noticed with your toureg?

The V8 feels bit more sporty than the V6 for sure. (I drove both)
    I also liked on the V8, that I could lower the ride height with a knob in the center console. The Air Suspension also acts similar to the Mercedes Active Body Control system.
    On the T'reg... the bugs include...

DRLs.

The fact that the steering wheel will not control the radio if any of the doors are open.

The seatbelt ding every 60 seconds

The NAV system is slow... really slow, and the NAV disc goes in the front CD slot. So if you have a NAV disc, you can only use the optional 6disc changer in the rear.

The fact you can't use the in-dash menu if the car is moving.

The seat doesn't go back far enough.

The compass located by the sunroof controls seems to have a mind of it's own.

The door is ajar warning... holy crap that's annoying. The lights on warning too...

That's all I can think of... otherwise it's a pretty good vehicle so far. Oh... and I can vouch for the fact that it can wade through huge amounts of water.

Why would u get an M3 coupe of you have an vert? That makes no sense. Sure, they are differnt cars, but nowhere near as different as your m3 vert and a Maserati or 911 or something along those lines. If I were you, I would see the vert as the nice car and get something a little more extreme for the other car. I'd go for an Elise or a 993 gt2 or a 996 gt3 or a used 355. The Maserati is kinda pimp, but it's not really any sportier than your current car. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast