Thread: Sunroof problem

My Cars
    1995 540i M-Sport
    Somehow the interior part on my sunroof has been disconnected. When I open it and then close it the roof closes but I have to manualy pull the interior piece forward. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to fix it without having to take it to the Stealer?
    Thanks, Sam

My Cars
    e36 M3
    hey...I kind of have that too. And it seems that when I try and open the roof with that interior piece not fully forward, I think it pushes the whole sunroof up slightly as it opens and makes the paint on the sunroof slightly brush the roof seal and I see little scratches along the rear portion of the sunroof's paint (so watch out for that). So what is the cure?

thanks...

Techno V M '98 M3 Coupe

I have the same problem - it seems fairly common. I have asked this question and searched the archives several months ago and it seems that most people just live with it, you may even grow to like it.

My understanding is that to fix it you need to replace the whole sunroof which starts to get to be more $$$$ then it is worth for the trouble (unless you are under warranty).

Please let me know if you find an answer!

Tim