Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB INPA K+DCAN Interface - IFH-0003 Error

My Cars
    E46 328i 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasiczn View Post
    Fresh install, first time on the computer, brand new to this game.
    It seems there is something wrong with installation of your INPA.After openning INPA must show up models and other stuff like that.In your case nothing is available.
    I'm suggesting to delete old INPA folders and install fresh INPA again.

My Cars
    02 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by PitrekT View Post
    It seems there is something wrong with installation of your INPA.After openning INPA must show up models and other stuff like that.In your case nothing is available.
    I'm suggesting to delete old INPA folders and install fresh INPA again.

I was getting the same problem when running inpaload.exe straight from installing standard tool. Anyone figured this out?

My Cars
    bmw 730d
    I get the following error when running D-Can tool

Setting Mode '500 kbit/s D-CAN & PT-CAN' ... Error: Echo K-line

Anybody has an idea what this means?
    Last edited by bmwlar; 04-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    ^Check to see if you have pins 7&8 connected.
    For D-CAN, you want them to be separate.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    bmw 730d
    I have this kind of cable - they all look like this though :-)

[ame]http://www.ebay.com/itm/220990962754?item=220990962754&pt=Motors_Automotiv e_Tools&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3374167c42&vxp=mtr[/ame]

shouldn't this work with new BMW E90 model year 2011?

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    There are two types, the one with the silver lead I think has 7+8 connected.
    I have seen one close up, and I can see the circuit board inside is different too.

The other D-CAN leads had a black cable, and came with an adaptor that links pins 7+8 together.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2000 E39 540i6 E34 525i
    I am trying to connect myK+DCAN cable. Have followed all the tutorials, modified ediabas.ini file. I am connected to com1 but when I run utility 2.0 the cable led goes out briefly flashes green then the utility times out saying no communication.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Quote Originally Posted by E39540i62000 View Post
    I am trying to connect myK+DCAN cable. Have followed all the tutorials, modified ediabas.ini file. I am connected to com1 but when I run utility 2.0 the cable led goes out briefly flashes green then the utility times out saying no communication.
    I find when I use this type of cable it needs to be set up as com 5, both in Device Manager & OBD.ini
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    X3, R56
    i'm having same issue with the cable. When i open DCAN.exe, it shows me an error. Cable not connected. I've installed all drivers, then reinstalled it again. Checked EDIABAS.INI, OBD.INI, everything looks set up properly. Probably cable is bad. Any ideas?????

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim381 View Post
    i'm having same issue with the cable. When i open DCAN.exe, it shows me an error. Cable not connected. I've installed all drivers, then reinstalled it again. Checked EDIABAS.INI, OBD.INI, everything looks set up properly. Probably cable is bad. Any ideas?????
    When I installed the DCAN utility, it only really looked at ports 3 or 5. Therefore I had to adjust the port accordingly (port 5) in ediabas & obd. Once I did that, I have had no more problems using the cable. Have not had a chance to use it on a 07' and up vehicle yet though. Works great on my wifes 06' e83 and my e39's.
    E39 M5, E39 SC Touring, F10
    "Beating My Wallet" but loving it!

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim381 View Post
    you need to run that program, connect cable and perform the instructions quickly.. i was hung up on that too... did it quickly and done.

If you have a d-can cable, it can read d-can cars. I use my cable for all models including ones that roll right off the transport truck. If you have the right ipo files, you can read and clear faults on F series.. cant code F series with it but to do quick activations in tool32.
    clint

My Cars
    2009 335i, 2004 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by enda320 View Post
    There are two types, the one with the silver lead I think has 7+8 connected.
    I have seen one close up, and I can see the circuit board inside is different too.

The other D-CAN leads had a black cable, and came with an adaptor that links pins 7+8 together.
    I can see mine has pins 7 and 8 soldered together. Do I need to remove this solder joint in order for my cable to work on my 2009 E92? I have the K+DCAN USB cable with the clear sheathing around steel braid and clear connector bodies.

My Cars
    2001 320i
    I would also like to hear peoples experience with these cheap K+Dcan cables from ebay.

I have a functioning INPA/Dis setup, and have been using it successfully for a year or so. I have recently purchased the cable being discussed in this thread for the purpose of accessing newer vehicles with Dcan.

As I was already using an FTDI USB->serial converter, I simply plugged in the K+Dcan lead and away she went - although now I cannot identify the vehicle, as it appears that no ign on is detected.

The main problem I have is that I cannot access the cable using the DCAN utility in order to switch it over.

I don't believe the problem to be on the ediabas side of things - as the utility can't even see the lead, and just gives timeout errors. I've tried it set up on all COM ports, and tried every possible combination of connection orders and timing. To me it points towards a faulty cable - any further ideas?

My Cars
    2009 335i, 2004 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by heyho
    I would also like to hear peoples experience with these cheap K+Dcan cables from ebay.

I have a functioning INPA/Dis setup, and have been using it successfully for a year or so. I have recently purchased the cable being discussed in this thread for the purpose of accessing newer vehicles with Dcan.

As I was already using an FTDI USB->serial converter, I simply plugged in the K+Dcan lead and away she went - although now I cannot identify the vehicle, as it appears that no ign on is detected.

The main problem I have is that I cannot access the cable using the DCAN utility in order to switch it over.

I don't believe the problem to be on the ediabas side of things - as the utility can't even see the lead, and just gives timeout errors. I've tried it set up on all COM ports, and tried every possible combination of connection orders and timing. To me it points towards a faulty cable - any further ideas?
    I just ordered the ones from one-stop-electronics so Ill let you know how it goes. Hopefully it's just the cables.

My Cars
    2001 320i
    I'm in the UK, so would be hit with vat and import tax most likely with the one stop cable.

There is one other option on eBay uk, which is a black obd connector with 2 LEDs and a blue USB lead. I would put up a link but I don't have the post count.

Any feedback on success or failure with the cheap cables would be much appreciated.

My Cars
    2001 320i
    Well, I gave up with the cheap cable after trying it on 3 cars and 3 different laptops (to clarify, this was the lead with the clear/opaque lead and casing).

The more expensive interface with separate blue USB cable worked with no problems.

My Cars
    2009 E60 520d
    My apologies that I necro this topic but I have the K-Line issue after I installed windows 8.1 It worked perfectly with windows 7. driver is installed and it shows USB Com1 port.
    When I connect my cable the LED stays RED for 1 minute it used to turn green, now when using the DCAN tool it gives me the error echo kline error and the red light goes off. I have configured the ini files with com ip and port but nothing seems to work.
    On my previous windows 7 installation all I had to do was set com port to 1 and latency to 1 and it worked like a charm.
    I installed the latest windows driver 2.12.06 from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
    Last edited by Cantatos; 09-04-2015 at 06:34 AM.

My Cars
    2008 116i Coupè (E81)
    Hi, did you manage to get around that error on Windows 8.1? I get K-Line Echo error even on Windows XP with the clear plastic K+DCAN adapter. LED is red then when I launch DCAN.EXE and set the 500kbit/s mode it goes OFF but I get Echo error. I tried changing from COM1 to COM3 and no difference. Never got this adapter to work so it might be defective. The FTDI driver installs correctly and seems to work as I see the led flashing when trying to communicate with INPA but I get the interference error so I guess there is a problem with the cable maybe not set in the right mode. Any feedback is appreciated - cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12