Thread: E36 M3 3.2L swap (need wiring/electrical advice)

My Cars
    M3

E36 M3 3.2L swap (need wiring/electrical advice)

Okay so bottomline is im going to attempt to do this all myself until all hope is lost. If my best attempts don't finish the job its going to a shop. This car will probably see more track time than road miles in the future, but its to retain streetability. Which means; a/c, cluster, hvac, etc are all to maintain functionality.

The goal is to swap in an E46 3.2 and the 6 spd.

Secondary objective retain E46 cluster & work out all bugs.

My only area of concern at the moment is the electronics and how to get this beast to turn over. From what ive heard possible options are 2 ecus, euro, aftermrket, or MZ3. My plans are also to delete the DSC and ASC systems completely I dont know how much of challange this will be.

Will the MZ3 ecu/harness/cluster work PnP? This is what ive been suggested.
    Last edited by McShRapNeL; 07-12-2011 at 01:22 AM.

My Cars
    97M3.4.5,EG,YZF
    There is a pretty w tensive thread in this forum

.s54 e36, doing it the hard way...start with that...skim through and read the OP's posts. He used an m coupe setup like you mention.

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hefftone View Post
    There is a pretty w tensive thread in this forum

.s54 e36, doing it the hard way...start with that...skim through and read the OP's posts. He used an m coupe setup like you mention.
    I have been Robs thread helped a lot, but 14 of the 15 pages are people saying cool, subscribed or equivlant.

I think ive got a solid plot planned out and may go forward with it. Im just trying to avoid costly mistakes. This is gunna wind up over 10K, I just know it. Im aiming for 7 but we'll see.

My Cars
    e24, e30, e36, e61, e70.
    This swap is pointless, why don't you just do a 3.0 swap if you don't already have one, torque and hp specs are almost dead on, invest in a supercharger or turbo.....unless your just doing this for swaps sake then go right ahead.

​IG: @Street.Ego

My Cars
    M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreal e36 View Post
    This swap is pointless, why don't you just do a 3.0 swap if you don't already have one, torque and hp specs are almost dead on, invest in a supercharger or turbo.....unless your just doing this for swaps sake then go right ahead.
    Nah man were not talking about the same motors. Im not talking about an s52, re-read the OP. I just didn't want to draw to much attention so we dont get the wrong crowd in here with the price point of these cars nowadays. Currently i have a cooked OBDII s52 in my car.

Were talking about losing 4 lbs per horse power here!!!!
    Last edited by McShRapNeL; 07-12-2011 at 09:21 PM.