Thread: OEM bluetooth retrofit help~!

My Cars
    M coupe, E39, Mini R60

OEM bluetooth retrofit help~!

My 2000 540i Msport came with factory 16:9 screen, but does not have bluetooth phone option. Also, I can't find any place that shows the car has(phone-pre wired) sign.
    Anyone here has done retofit OEM bluetooth into the car? Is it easy?

A seller on Ebay is selling complete set (can anyone help me to take a quick look on this link, see if any missing parts....)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161193337696...84.m1423.l2649

Thank you.
    2011 Mini Countryman All4 *** Wife Daily!
    2002 E39 Sedan 540i M Sport. *** Daily!
    2000 M-Coupe (Titan Silver)***Weekend fun!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Sport
    That doesn't provide Bluetooth, that is only one of the ancient BMW built in phones made by Motorola.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 525i Touring
    Look for DICE Electronic Mediabridge. Best option available without replacing your head unit.

My Cars
    2001 M5
    I did an OEM bluetooth install in my 2001 530i using a TCU I found.
    My car was prewired for phone even though it didn't have the signs telling me that it was.
    There were other parts required such as SES jumper plug, bluetooth antenae, microphone and various wires.
    Everything was plug and play and worked well except for the fact that I could barely hear incoming calls. Still working on fixing that.

My Cars
    e60 M5; e39 525it
    I just went with a dension gateway for bluetooth connectivity, can't beat it for $160

My Cars
    BMWs: 1; MINIs: 1
    Be careful of that Ebay kit. It's the problematic 1st-generation ULF. From Bimmernav.com:

"NOTE: Our Bluetooth Kits come with the latest Generation BMW ULF modules Available as shown in the BMW Compatibility matrix (and NOT the problematic first generation 84 21 954 552 others are selling, Be careful on getting older ULF modules as some people have had difficulties and incompatibilities with the old first generation ULF modules. Why use Our Bluetooth Solution? We advise to stay away from any BMW part number 84 21 954 552 1st generation ULF module, and stick with the more recent versions."

http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_Bluetot...formation.html

I have a 5th-generation ULF in my car and although it works fine, it doesn't show caller ID info from my iPhone. Every other thing you'd expect to work, works fine. I think you really want the latest one you can find if you are going OEM.
    I like the unicorns.
    '99 Z3 Coupe - Jet Black/Black (1-of-114)
    '99 M Coupe - Estoril Blue/Black (1-of-82)
    '03 540iT - Sterling Gray/Black (1-of-24)
    '16 Z4 sDrive35i - Estoril Blue/Walnut (1-of-8)

My Cars
    2003 M5, E93 335i/6
    I have a Dice Mediabridge installed and love it. The call audio quality is not great, but it works well.
    -Chris

My Cars
    '03 530
    I have the Grom audio BT box and am very happy with it. People report quality is great and streaming music quality is awesome. Think it was about $100. Took the place of the CD changer that was functional but might as well have been a brick.