Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Effectiveness of Vented / Extractor Hoods?

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    A proper vented/ducted hood makes a difference. My setup is fully ducted intercooler/rad/hood and you can see the "heat haze" exiting the hood. Of course I only notice the haze when I'm on my cool down lap.

Our kidney grilles are blocked off, with the kidney grilles open we saw loss in cooling efficiency due to disrupted airflow.

Looks good!
    Any data on IATs and coolant temps before and after?

Since the intercooler is in front of the radiator, FI adds major power while reducing cooling at the same time...not good for track use.

My Cars
    99' 323is, 99' 328is
    Any volunteers to fabricate a hood like Tonester? I need one just like that, AZ + turbo makes for very high underhood temps.

She's built like a steakhouse but handles like a bistro

My Cars
    ford mustang road racer
    This is sorta old but I have some new info to add if your looking for serious extraction with wind tunnel data...

Race Louvers take a new approach to hood extractors. Our extractorssignificantly outperform the competition and are designed for maximum front downforce, maximum radiator cooling, lower engine compartment temperatures and increased zero speed cooling. Combine our Grill Blockers and Hood Extractors for maximum front downforce and reduced laptimes or use our Hood Extractors with your OEM grill for maximum cooling.

We have fine tuned all of our processes and have all hood extractors, grill blockers and components in stock. Our extractors come in a variety of sizes and are available in either the RS, RT, or RX trims for different levels of performance. All of our Extractors come with a printable template that can be downloaded and printed for fitment prior to purchase, templates can be found in each items description. Don't see a particular size, no problem, use our custom size option to get sizes that fit your needs. Our extractors come standard with semi-gloss black powder coat or can be ordered bare. There is also a guide found at the top of our website to help you choose an Extractor or just give us a call and we would be glad to help.

Come check us out at: www.racelouvers.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123