Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 126

Thread: Honolulu auto parts and services compendium

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kailua, Oahu HI
    Posts
    24
    My Cars
    1982 Mercedes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    From the stealer. Probably under $20.
    Last time I checked they wanted more than $50.00.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Posts
    15
    My Cars
    03 M3 Convertable
    Yup, jus picked it up $52!!! What a scam, it's just plastic.

    Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    STR, MUC, LHR
    Posts
    25,130
    My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmemac View Post
    Last time I checked they wanted more than $50.00.
    For a Roundel? They're nuts!

  4. #79
    ajitaw is offline Why would you want a BMW?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kailua, HI
    Posts
    45
    My Cars
    1990 BMW 325is
    Hawaii Import for both my roundels... $25-27 front-rear... just as cheap as anyone online and good quality. Just make sure you look at them before you leave. I had to go through 3 before I found one without defects/damage.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    514
    My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by ajitaw View Post
    Hawaii Import for both my roundels... $25-27 front-rear... just as cheap as anyone online and good quality. Just make sure you look at them before you leave. I had to go through 3 before I found one without defects/damage.
    Yeah they're surprisingly priced well, I got oem wipers for $20 off what dealer wants!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Haleiwa, HI
    Posts
    1,145
    My Cars
    E60 M5 | Ducati M796
    Does anyone on island do SMG coding? I really could use a Euro SMG flash
    E60 ///M5 | 2012 Ducati Monster 796 | E92 335i Retired

    ///team BMW hawaii


    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
    -Mario Andretti

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    514
    My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldze1025 View Post
    Does anyone on island do SMG coding? I really could use a Euro SMG flash
    Did A&A do anything?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kailua, HI
    Posts
    11
    My Cars
    2008 128i Convertiable
    Windward Side

    Tenn's Automotive
    263-1076

    Awesome, Honest, and does not charge more for BMW's and has all tools and electronics.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kailua, HI
    Posts
    11
    My Cars
    2008 128i Convertiable
    TnT tinting is the best!

    Joe

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3
    My Cars
    1998 740iL
    Purchasing a 1998 740iL, current owner reports that the ABS light is on and the speedometer
    does not work. I suspect the wheel speed sensors, but it may be the ABS module, and it
    may be both. Which of the shops are recommended specifically for diagnostics and electrical
    work? Should I inspect/repair/replace the speed sensors myself, hoping it is one of them, and
    then do an ABS module rebuild if that doesn't work? Or should I pay for BMW diagnostics?
    My shop in Kailua, Clyde's, said they don't have the diagnostic equipment to help; claim that
    it is special BMW diagnostic equipment, which knows the codes. Also, even if you get the ABS
    and speedometer repaired on your own, how does one remove a persistent error code that is
    a legacy and no longer correct?

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    514
    My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    I need tint removed quick and cheap lol, where should I go? Thanks guys!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    STR, MUC, LHR
    Posts
    25,130
    My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor92 View Post
    I need tint removed quick and cheap lol, where should I go? Thanks guys!
    I did it myself. Strip the tint, spray goo gone on the adhesive, wait a few minutes and use a razor blade to scrape it off. For defroster lines, you can use a plastic scraper instead of a razor, but be careful. Just wait longer for the goo gone to work in.
    Last edited by The Beastmaster; 08-18-2013 at 04:09 AM.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    514
    My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post

    I did it myself. Strip the tint, spray goo gone on the adhesive, wait a few minutes and use a razor blade to scrape it off. For defroster lines, you can use a plastic scraper instead of a razor, but be careful. Just wait longer for the goo gone to work in.
    I'm scared to scratch my windows lol, maybe someone can help me? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Connor92; 08-18-2013 at 05:22 AM.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mililani
    Posts
    14
    My Cars
    2006 M3 and 2010 X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor92 View Post
    I'm scared to scratch my windows lol, maybe someone can help me? Thanks in advance
    Connor, you won't scratch the glass with a razor as long as you are careful. Used razors to remove stickers in glass many times and never once scratched the glass.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    514
    My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    Any recommendations for an ac shop? I need a recharge and see if there's a leak in my ac system

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    in front of you
    Posts
    3,884
    My Cars
    E36 M3
    rennwerks recommended A-1 auto for me in the past, and i've been happy with the service there...shop is in mapunapuna, the guy's name is mau...much cheaper than i expected...will definitely go back if i ever need a/c service...
    big chad + drunk wimmenz = FTMFW

    jarod + sterling + tom = ROFL

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    514
    My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    rennwerks recommended A-1 auto for me in the past, and i've been happy with the service there...shop is in mapunapuna, the guy's name is mau...much cheaper than i expected...will definitely go back if i ever need a/c service...
    Thanks! Will check them out

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    37
    My Cars
    E70 X5 XDrive3.5i
    Who should I go to to look at my fuel filter/line for my E39 ??? Should I just install myself or is a shop a better idea? I have worked on Audi and GMC before.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    12
    My Cars
    e82
    Can anyone recommend someone that can fix a curb'ed alloy wheel? I tried yelp but nothing comes up.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    STR, MUC, LHR
    Posts
    25,130
    My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Alloy Wheel Repair Specialists http://rimrepairhawaii.com/index.htm

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    12
    My Cars
    e82
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    Alloy Wheel Repair Specialists http://rimrepairhawaii.com/index.htm
    Thanks, I'll give them a call!

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    17
    My Cars
    2011 Space Gray E90
    Quote Originally Posted by worries View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone that can fix a curb'ed alloy wheel? I tried yelp but nothing comes up.
    Try ask the dealership who they use, it's some guy that does it in a truck or something. I made them sandblast and re-finish all 4 wheels on my e90 CPO I just picked up

    The guy did a sick job!

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    12
    My Cars
    e82
    Quote Originally Posted by anti808 View Post
    Try ask the dealership who they use, it's some guy that does it in a truck or something. I made them sandblast and re-finish all 4 wheels on my e90 CPO I just picked up

    The guy did a sick job!
    I actually went through an old friend of mine that does rim repair. His business is called Rimcraft, and they mostly work on dealer cars(pre-owned), but also do on location personal vehicles as well. It took about 1.5 hours, and he was able to completely restore my badly curbed wheel. In fact, I can't even find the spot that was damaged. If anyone is interested, PM for a contact - I don't have his business number off hand, just his personal number.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    17
    My Cars
    2011 Space Gray E90
    Sounds like that might be the dude that does it for bmwhawaii. He does SICK work.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    17
    My Cars
    2011 Space Gray E90
    Anyone on oahu do coding?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •