Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introducing The All-New 5th Generation BMW M5

My Cars
    97 328is,94 530i,93 325i
    So pleas don't be offended, but in some pictures it kinda looks like the new kia optima. But I agree it does look better the the e60 besides the grills which are way too big imo. I think the only new bmw's that still look good are the three series, the new z roadsters, the six, and I guess the new fives aren't atrocious. As for the seven, they ruined it. The one, they are about to ruin it. And the suv's or sav's whatever they weant to call them have allways been kinda blah to me.
    E36 parts for sale...cheap! Click the link below!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1454653

My Cars
    325ic

Thumbs up

i think it looks great. I am glad to see a pretty BMW again. It was diappionting that the e60 was so ugly. It made the last m5 seem unimportant. This new one should be spectacular. I am jelousof the top gear guys they will deffinetly give it a thorouh once or twice over. I can't wait to see that.

My Cars
    tank
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    mistake? Is that why its still hailed as one of the best engines in the world?

The turbo v8 just makes mkre sense: more power, better economy ...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I driven it and sorry to say, its too front end heavy. That was how I felt from personal experience.

BMW in my mind are known for a great balance car. As a owner of two e39, I even find the e39 v8 a tad too front heavy (just a tad). The v10 is a great engine and a beast, its just doesn't match what I want from a bmw core competency of the ultimate driving machine.

I am sure the v10 won many accolades (I honestly didn't focus which one really). In terms of best bmw engine ever, no one here can argue that the i6 is what the bmw is known for many decades.
    Sorry... the server is too busy to fulfill your request. Please try again later.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 335d
    love that car, it's so sexy

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
    I driven it and sorry to say, its too front end heavy. That was how I felt from personal experience.

BMW in my mind are known for a great balance car. As a owner of two e39, I even find the v8 a tad too front heavy (just a tad). The v10 is a great engine and a beast, its just doesn't match what I want from a bmw core competency of the ultimate driving machine.

I am sure the v10 won many accolades (I honestly didn't focus which one really). In terms of best bmw engine ever, no one here can argue that the i6 is what the bmw is known for many decades.
    I've driven plenty of e60 and e39 m5's and I find them both to be very well balanced cars. Perhaps your opinion differs, but they are both nearly 50/50 cars and the e60 is, in fact, a better balanced car (e60 51.6/48.4 vs. e39 52.2/47.8). The s85 weighs a mear 2.2 lbs more than the s62, and IMHO I feel the e60 M was a huge leap ahead of the e39 in everyway except aesthetics..

Anyways I think the new M5 looks stunning and I can't wait for my first PDI on one so I can compare the drive with the previous models. I expect nothing less than sedan perfection.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    E90 330i

Jeder lobt was Nürburgring-erprobt

My Cars
    Audi S4, BMW 530xi
    Kudos to M5!!! Very sexy and sophisticated.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post Introducing The All-New 5th Generation BMW M5

Since the “M5” badge was first placed on the deck lid of a BMW back in 1988, this iconic model has exemplified the luxury and daily usability of a top range BMW sedan combined with true super-car performance.

More...

My Cars
    2004 E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos XX View Post
    Yes. I can't stop smiling at this car. BMW has found their balls again.

The only thing I would change is the chrome around the side grills. I think it's too much. Paint that a nice black and call it a day.
    Last edited by pckl300; 06-22-2011 at 05:41 PM.

My Cars
    2001 530i
    The E60 is a great looking car and look at the individual piece parts . Muscle from the sides and the deep slope in the front. Face it the E39 although I love them is really a rather dated plain jane sedan.

I know we all have our opinions but designers also have their facts and the lines do make things look a certain way, highlight things , so on and so forth.

I'm trying to find the design clues in the F10 and I'll see them at some time.

My Cars
    Infiniti Fx-45,
    e39 m5? hello the e34 m5 beats it :o

but they both are beast.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    I hate the front end, it looks like chunks of the bumper have been ripped off. Still better than the last one though.

and the center opening looks like this

Last edited by spoonerDee; 06-30-2011 at 10:40 AM.

My Cars
    85' 535i 83' 320i
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/f10...esolution.html

here's a ton more about it. unofficial specs and what not.

My Cars
    2001 530i
    I would have to say BMW is getting back on track after a few awkward years...

I'm an e39 owner, and was not a fan of the e60. This is just beautiful.

I can't say that I am head over heels for the current lineup, but...

1. The 7 series is coming back from being waaaay off
    2. The 5 series is very quickly becoming nearly as beautiful as the e34 or e39
    3. The 3 series I haven't really cared for since the e36, but believe in 2012 or 13 it should fall in line with some of the current lineup's styling
    4. The Z4 may very well be the first "Z" I've liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbreeze View Post
    The E60 is a great looking car and look at the individual piece parts . Muscle from the sides and the deep slope in the front. Face it the E39 although I love them is really a rather dated plain jane sedan.

I know we all have our opinions but designers also have their facts and the lines do make things look a certain way, highlight things , so on and so forth.

I'm trying to find the design clues in the F10 and I'll see them at some time.
    You cannot even begin to compare the two models..."rather plain jane sedan"? I'd hate to hear what you have to say about the beautiful e34 or e30...

The e60 is a fancy honda accord in styling, regardless of whether it's an ultimate machine under the hood.
    Last edited by Willimeena; 07-21-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    M3/4 SC;X5 4.4;
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbreeze View Post
    I agree
    97 M3/4
    ...420rwhp...Dinan SC
    Tuned by AA, M50 Manifold, RMS Aftercooler
    3.5 Porsche HFM, 42# injectors, Supersprint Exhaust
    AA Turbo Clutch, AA LTW Flywheel, TCK Suspension
    AA Strut bars (F&R), XBrace, BMP Rear Camber Correcting Arm
    BBS RK wheels on Pilot PS2, CF Hood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123