Thread: vanguard or bmw performance exhaust on an e92 335i?

My Cars
    2008 335i

vanguard or bmw performance exhaust on an e92 335i?

im contemplating on these 2 exhausts. they seem to be the best for around 1500. so please share some of your experiences with them and i would also like to know which one is louder. they both sound great so its a tough choice...

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I can't give you any feedback on the Vanguard system, but I had the BMW Performance exhaust put on my E90 last week. So far I love it. You can take it easy and fly under the radar if you like, but when you open it up the thing has a great scream to it. You can get some nice gurgle on deceleration as well. I did a long highway run on the weekend and there can be a bit of drone at certain RPM's, but it's not bad at all. I would recommend it.

My Cars
    2008 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcp1 View Post
    I can't give you any feedback on the Vanguard system, but I had the BMW Performance exhaust put on my E90 last week. So far I love it. You can take it easy and fly under the radar if you like, but when you open it up the thing has a great scream to it. You can get some nice gurgle on deceleration as well. I did a long highway run on the weekend and there can be a bit of drone at certain RPM's, but it's not bad at all. I would recommend it.
    i dont really mind drone that much. how big of a difference is it from the stock exhaust? im not trying to dish out 1.5k for just a little more sound and knowing bmw its probably pretty conservative

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    I've listened to a bunch of different exhausts and personally I don't think anything sounds better than the BMW Performance exhaust. Though if you want loudness, go with Eisenmann.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi coupe
    I too am interested in this. I'm currently debating between BMW performance or Eisenmann for my exhaust needs

My Cars
    2008 335i coupe, 2004 Z4
    I too am pondering... How about the dinan? It is slightly more but how do the dinan vs BMW vs vanguard rate performance wise? Sorry to hijack by lobbing in the dinan into the question. They all sound good but how do they stack up?

My Cars
    07 328i coupe & 08 M3
    eisennman all the way..it sounds like a race car in high throttle.
    Current:

2010 135i - jb4, AA exhaust, berk mid pipes, bms dci

2001.5 audi s4 b5 - stock (for now)

RETIRED:

2007 BMW 328i red coupe, Dinan Air intake, AA ECU, AA exhaust, RPI Scoops.

2008 m3 gt haUS RACE EXHAUST, aa PULLEY, aa ecu

2008 335i black coupe, jb4, BMS DCI, HKS BOV, Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust

2002 audi s4, KO4 turbos, GIAC boost chip, AWE vent-mount boost gauge and Baileys diverter valves, MagnaFlow Exhaust with custom DP.

2005 Volvo T5 s40, Custom Exhaust, intake

DREAM CAR:
    GT-R, GT3, Zonda =)