Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy e36 Secondary Drift Caliper Bracket

My Cars
    97 328is, 86 944 turbo
    I did my rear wheel bearings last year and it was such a pain in the ass without the special tool

My Cars
    95 325I
    I'm not the slightest bit interested in this. It's like a TV in a honeymoon suite UNNECESSARY.
    ( originally posted by PROTOMOR )
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by philip77o View Post
    I did my rear wheel bearings last year and it was such a pain in the ass without the special tool
    true and I mean you could always buy them and have them for the future. of you never use them I'm sure someone will buy them from you

Quote Originally Posted by BreakDancer View Post
    I'm not the slightest bit interested in this. It's like a TV in a honeymoon suite UNNECESSARY.
    how is it unnecessary? what's wrong with having a better e brake advantage
    Last edited by whoshaunq; 06-28-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 325I
    Quote Originally Posted by whoshaunq

true and I mean you could always buy them and have them for the future. of you never use them I'm sure someone will buy them from you

how is it unnecessary? what's wrong with having a better e brake advantage
    Tell me how its an avantage. My CNC works awesome and has never locked up when I use the pedal with it. It is cool that is all
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    M
    Tell me how its an avantage. My CNC works awesome and has never locked up when I use the pedal with it. It is cool that is all
    Is your CNC brake hooked up in line with the rear brakes?
    Have you ever used e-brake and front brake at the same time while drifting to adjust your line during a run, especially tandem? Obviously not, it's just not very predictable, that's why having two separate systems is necessary.

Put me down for a set for e36 M car.

Questions, does this space out the hub at all, as in the wheel will be farther out?

My Cars
    06 Impreza Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaon19 View Post
    Have you ever used e-brake and front brake at the same time while drifting to adjust your line during a run, especially tandem? Obviously not, it's just not very predictable, that's why having two separate systems is necessary.

Questions, does this space out the hub at all, as in the wheel will be farther out?
    kk

it shouldnt have to push the wheel out at all as it is just a bolt on bracket

My Cars
    95 M3, 07 Titan, 96 XJ
    dom do we know if the z3M trailing arms are diff? i know they use bigger brakes are anything that matches a m3?

E30 Turbo 2.8L - 60ft - 1.70 :: 1/8th - 6.99 :: MPH - 105.47 :: 1/4 - 10.66 :: MPH - 132.53
    Daily E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.790 :: 1/8th - 8.20 :: MPH - 84.68 :: 1/4 - 12.81 :: MPH - 107.05
    *RIP* E36 M3 - 60ft - 1.944 :: 1/8th - 8.64 :: MPH - 80.00 :: 1/4 - 13.55 :: MPH - 99.95
    Cool2seat's TTstg1 E36 M3 - 60ft - 2.123 :: 1/8th - 8.44 :: MPH - 87.71 :: 1/4 - 12.94 :: MPH - 107.95

My Cars
    many M's
    non-M setup please. & what's the totals looking like as of now?

My Cars
    95 325is.
    ^ i need to see some more pix of this car now.....please.

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    Ttt

My Cars
    97 bmw 320, 94 bmwm3
    I don't have any issue with my compbrake hydro. inline With rear brakes.
    How come e36 and e30 is the only cars in the world to have these problems?

Quote Originally Posted by pharaon19 View Post

My Cars
    many M's
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisanda View Post
    ^ i need to see some more pix of this car now.....please.
    haha, thanks buddy.

I'll make a thread at some point on 'Chick Magnet' but it's been on plenty of sites & in 4 magazines exerpts, so I'll assume you spend more time slidin' than you do reading. good man.

anyways, how far away are we from production on these?

My Cars
    pypeChuddyrew

Group Buy e36 Secondary Drift Caliper Bracket

thanks for the help guys, im doin heaps of reaserch

My Cars
    E36
    Very interested. i have a e36 318 coupe and have been looking in to upgrading my brake set up. i have the fronts in order but i havent decided on a rear set up.

i have a few questions... i want to use my current 318 caliper for the ebrake and upgrade the rear brakes. can i retain my factory ebrake with a 6 cyl rear rear brake set up? i know i cant if use a m set up. thats the only deciding factor

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Put me down for an e36 m3 set pm me when this happens.

My Cars
    06 Impreza Wagon
    1 to go!

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    ONE MOAR! yea!

My Cars
    many M's
    since I'm not getting answers, I'll ask on the thread. I want in on this & seems an ///M setup is the only way to go, but I don't want to be out a fortune or source a million parts.

to convert I'd need calipers, rotors, pads, stainless lines, trailing arms, new alignment, & new hubs - correct? & would I be able to retain my adjustable camber arms & E46 M3 RTAB bushings?

if I do need all this, it seems like a headache for someone just starting to get sideways which brings me to my next thought. it may be cheaper/ easier for me to just ask Lee outright to modify the bracket he'll make for you guys & fit it to my setup, no?

any help would be appreciated guys; you all know what it was like when you 1st started out too. thanks in advance.

My Cars
    95 325I
    My thoughts.

1) Just learning, weekend racer: stock ebrake.

2) Local events / Track car, hydro plumbed into stock brakes.

3) Hardcore real/paying competitions get a secondary caliber setup.

Keep in mind that if you are DDing your car a hydraulic handbrake is illegal. At least in my area. This mod is really cool and for some sanctions required but It is not at all needed. you should have a Diff,seat,angle,and suspension before you even start to think about this mod. I'm not at all knocking this and I hope we get enough people because I would love to get one someday but reality is you can drift awesome with the stock ebrake and most of us will never reach the point where a normal hydro setup is not enough.

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    My thoughts.

1) Just learning, weekend racer: stock ebrake.

2) Local events / Track car, hydro plumbed into stock brakes.

3) Hardcore real/paying competitions get a secondary caliber setup.

Keep in mind that if you are DDing your car a hydraulic handbrake is illegal. At least in my area. This mod is really cool and for some sanctions required but It is not at all needed. you should have a Diff,seat,angle,and suspension before you even start to think about this mod. I'm not at all knocking this and I hope we get enough people because I would love to get one someday but reality is you can drift awesome with the stock ebrake and most of us will never reach the point where a normal hydro setup is not enough.
    not illegal in delaware!!! WHOOP WHOOOPPPP BRING IT ON I WANTS IT NOW.

I daily my car, i has welded diff, raceseats, SOON TO COME HYDRO SETUP, not enough angle, 3 sets of drift wheels and soon to come steeringwheel.

i want this sooo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FABEL View Post
    since I'm not getting answers, I'll ask on the thread. I want in on this & seems an ///M setup is the only way to go, but I don't want to be out a fortune or source a million parts.

to convert I'd need calipers, rotors, pads, stainless lines, trailing arms, new alignment, & new hubs - correct? & would I be able to retain my adjustable camber arms & E46 M3 RTAB bushings?

if I do need all this, it seems like a headache for someone just starting to get sideways which brings me to my next thought. it may be cheaper/ easier for me to just ask Lee outright to modify the bracket he'll make for you guys & fit it to my setup, no?

any help would be appreciated guys; you all know what it was like when you 1st started out too. thanks in advance.

you can buy m3 rear trailing arms right off a m3 with brakes still on them and bolt them up. you can reuse your RTAB, rotors and pads wont be a bad idea if your doing this, alignment yes. stainless lines? idk.
    Last edited by whoshaunq; 07-06-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    many M's
    BreakDancer & whosaunq, thanks for the help as I'm sort of lost here if you couldn't tell. I know this setup is far past what I'd need, but I'm hoping to be easier/ smoother on the car with as much control as possible & felt this was the way to do just that.

I may be beginning to go sideways, but that doesn't mean my coupe isn't well sorted. suspension wise, I've upgraded or replaced every bushing, reinforced both subframes & rear towers, have recaro pole position seats, & have been talking to SLR about his lovely angle kit. I track this car, but lately have been wanting to explore other areas of these chassis'. I'll be hanging out in these type threads for awhile until I'm a smarty pants like some of you, but in the meantime please bear with some of my questions.

I'm off to go research some more . . .

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Soooooooooo can someone step up so we can get this deal rolling?

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    Ttmft

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    If this was a wear item, or I might break it, I would buy two sets just to get this rolling...

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroslide View Post
    If this was a wear item, or I might break it, I would buy two sets just to get this rolling...
    I was thinking the same thing... or just buying another set to sell down the road because once we have these things rolling you know it's gonna be popular demand.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast