Thread: Still searching! 1996 Z3 Wind Deflector

My Cars
    1996 z3 2006 X5

Still searching! 1996 Z3 Wind Deflector

Not having much luck. Anyone have a 1996 Z3 Wind Deflector? It is the first style. Mine is torn. (Need the style with key holes and the narrow meshing that also has meshing below the frame). I want to find one in excellent condition.

My Cars
    528i C36,ML55,C240 C230k

Wind deflector

I have one but it's missing a piece ( 1 mounting point) you should be able to use the piece you currently have. I installed roll hoops and got a different wind screen. PM me your email address will send you a photo of the windscreen.

My Cars
    1996 z3 2006 X5
    Pardon my ignorance! I cant figure out how to PM you!! My e-mail is KJLive@comcast.net. Is the wind deflector in good shape?

My Cars
    07 lifted LTZ Chevy
    It isn't ignorance, you do not have enough posts to PM yet. 10ish is the count needed.
    Skwisgaar GBNF

My Cars
    1996 z3 2006 X5
    Great.... What can I do to reach and provide my e-mail address? Any help would be appreciated. In fact, I was going to contact you and ask for help.

My Cars
    07 lifted LTZ Chevy
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ysprune=&f=123

Try posting in this test forum, it may or may not count on total post. You may have to chime in on a few posts to make it to the required count. I do know that the OT board does not add to your total.
    I am no guru, I fumbled my way around in the user CP until I figured out a few of the tricks.

BTW I fixed my windscreen after your post last week. I got a key made by a locksmith and installed it on the Z. I was not impressed. It really inhibits the view in the rearview mirror, it doesn't cut down on the wind (it makes the low pressure zone in the passenger compartment a lower pressure zone).....it did look cool installed but it really serves no purpose.
    Last edited by Z3renegade; 06-17-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Skwisgaar GBNF

My Cars
    1996 z3 2006 X5
    Thanks again for your help! I was able to make contact and working on a deal for the windscreen. I am getting very intrigued with roll bar kits for a 96. Something I may need to consider in the future. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    07 lifted LTZ Chevy
    PM sent.
    10 was the magic number for PMs.
    Skwisgaar GBNF

My Cars
    2002 Z3 3.0i
    I just sent you a message.
    _____