Thread: BMW 645 Windsheild Replacement

My Cars
    2005 bmw 645 ci

BMW 645 Windsheild Replacement

My windshield just cracked and my insurance deductible is 1000 so I will have to go out of pocket... Is oem necessary? What is a good place to get it replaced for with a good deal in the DFW area that guarantees against leaks?

A little off topic but i just replaced my brakes with zimmerman brakes and theyre squeaking pretty bad. Is there a solution? I dont really have a lot of knowledge with cars so any help would be beneficial. but i really need to fix my windshield
    Last edited by aelaydi; 06-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.

My Cars
    2011 328i
    The windshield debate is a pretty hot topic around here. Some say you need to "stuck" with OEM and others say not so much. When a rock broke my windshield on my AMG last year I went with non OEM glass and didnt have an issue. I think the total bill was $450 and I had a $50 deducatable with USAA.
    Speaking of, your $1000 deducatable seems VERY high overall. If your policy is decent you should have a glass rider with a $50-$100 deducatable.
    My e46 is for sale!

My Cars
    2005 bmw 645 ci
    Quote Originally Posted by MCM97 View Post
    The windshield debate is a pretty hot topic around here. Some say you need to "stuck" with OEM and others say not so much. When a rock broke my windshield on my AMG last year I went with non OEM glass and didnt have an issue. I think the total bill was $450 and I had a $50 deducatable with USAA.
    Speaking of, your $1000 deducatable seems VERY high overall. If your policy is decent you should have a glass rider with a $50-$100 deducatable.
    i have no idea why the deductible is so high... i never filed a claim before... and i have full coverage but my insurance is pretty cheap

My Cars
    850Ci, Venza, Prius
    Saw a black 645 ci vert on I20 in Arlington today, was that you?

My Cars
    2005 bmw 645 ci
    Quote Originally Posted by rchan11 View Post
    Saw a black 645 ci vert on I20 in Arlington today, was that you?
    no i got a silver one

My Cars
    2011 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by aelaydi View Post
    i have no idea why the deductible is so high... i never filed a claim before... and i have full coverage but my insurance is pretty cheap
    that answers your own question. Still I'd call them Monday and see if you dont have a glass rider.
    My e46 is for sale!

My Cars
    '13 Evoque, '14 Terrain
    your comp deductible shouldn't be the same as your glass deductible...