Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839

Thread: Pittsburgh, because i'm sick of the old thread, thread

My Cars
    E30 318is,E36 M3,E36 328
    Quote Originally Posted by imola e36 View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother trying to loose weight on that car. The easy ways to loose weight would just take so much away from an e46 and in my mind are not worth the gain. You could loose your interior, but then your car will be loud inside, hot from the engine/ exhaust, and will look like crap. I've had two gutted BMW's, e30 M3 and e28, and sure it feels more visceral but you really don't gain that much. Better off putting a tune and good air filter in or just change your driving style to break 30mpg. Lighter wheels would really help as well.

GEORGE- That was me last night behind you driving the z3 M coupe. Wish we could've pulled over to BS, all that construction f'ing sucked though. Don't see you on here much anymore man!
    AH! haha. I thought you wanted me to run through that red light downtown. Usually people are honking at me to make a left on that red (when that street was open) or to go straight through it when it's red and I'm like "wtfs". Yeah, I was going home and yeah that construction blows. Good pick up on the Z3 M coupe. Funny cause that night I was thinking about hitting you up to ask you a question regarding welding.

Is anyone confident in their welding abilities to weld my now loose catback pipes BACK onto my Dinan muffler? One of the exhaust hangers that are on the chasis some how bent and allowed the exhaust to flex up and down to the point of separating.

That said as well...

Alex, do you have these chasis attached hangers on your scrap car that you do not need anymore?

My Cars
    04 E55 AMG
    I don't want to sacrifice comfort (AC, sunroof, power windows, locks), nor do I want to have exposed metal or ugly interior. But I am ok with losing some of the stuff that isn't as important, and I'm ok with more noise.

The spare was cake.
    I like the lightweight battery, if mine starts to act up, that's what I'll do.
    A lot of DSM guys ditch the bumper beams and put the plastic bumper cover back on. That's a good way to ditch over 50lbs if you do front and rear. It's not so great for crashes, but neither is lowered suspension or some of the other stuff we all like to do to our cars.
    2006 F650GS Remus Exhaust

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf View Post
    Exactly! It also helps deceleration and cornering.

This is what my car weighs currently when it's low on fuel.
    3080lbs.

I only have lighter seats. I really want to get rid of that sunroof but unfortunately, that'll be one of the last things I'll do. Plus, I recently redid my headliner and don't feel like taking it out again. Though, there's 20-30lbs of rubber mats under the seats/carpet that I'd like to remove and see how much NVH increases by. Then ditch the rear seats if I can find a way to cover up the exposed metal. Also get a LTW battery at some point.

Anyway, how does that Supersprint exhaust sound compared to stock? I love hearing the sound of the motor over the exhaust. Have any experience with a Remus exhaust? Also curious about the Stromung exhaust alexd has for sale.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1676011

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Thank you Sir! I had not seen that thread when I was searching.

My Cars
    95 M3, 18 X3 M40i
    Light wheels make a world of difference imo.

Question ...where did we have lunch the year we went up to ohiopyle?

Any plans for another fall cruise?

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeem93 View Post
    They certainly help ride quality due to a better unsprung versus sprung mass ratio. Laptimes? Not so much.

My Cars
    02 Jag xtype 98 passat
    To me, like some said in the thread, that looks pointless with the side bolsters in. If you're going for weight reduction, it's all or nothing IMO. Wheels, sound muffling, spare wheel, exhaust, cf hood and trunk, and any airbags are your biggest weight reducers (according to a friend that raced his GTI).

On a positive note, went to fight one ticket today. 3 minutes total were spent and all I said was "I do" and "I agree". No points and will be receiving a partial refund. Next week is the BIG ticket though....

My Cars
    E36 M3, E46 323i

You know something, I was cleaning this weekend and I found the directions from that trip. I'll post the place when I get home!

My Cars
    Give me headaches

I'm guessing that your talking about the rivers edge cafe in confluence. We all sat on the porch alongside the river correct? Also I'm def down for a cruise. Sunday is really the only day of the week I have off though.

George, I could totally see how u would think that haha. I actually haven't bought the car yet, checking out the subframe on weds then making a decision. I detailed this guys Audi R8 on Sunday though and he has an '89 vette that I might consider instead. Honestly I've never been a fan of c4's unless they were the later ones, and having driven a few, they are quite scary when driven hard on a back road, but this car has over 500 N/A hp and was built very well. The price is so good that it would be like buying a normal '89 vette without a motor, and then being given a $20k motor. The car also includes the original motor which got my gears turning.....

..... put the original motor back in it and put the race built 398 into the e24

Also Dave, good luck with your court date!
    Last edited by imola e36; 09-12-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Current: e24 - e28 - e34 - e36/8 - 993 - 914 - w124 - w210 - urs6 - P71 CV - t100

My Cars
    95 M3, 18 X3 M40i
    Yep Adam, that's the one. Place was awesome. I want to take. Courtney up there this fall.

Vetted engine in a e24... I dig

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    '89 vette that I might consider instead.

call me about those lights when you get a chance

My Cars
    Z3M
    Does anyone know any auto body guys looking for some side work?

A guard rail jumped out of nowhere and hit my girlfriend's 2008 silver Corolla. Damage is on the passenger side. Paint scrapes on the rear bumper, dent and some paint missing on the 1/4.
    Last edited by 4G63T; 09-13-2011 at 09:58 AM.

My Cars
    Give me headaches
    Yep Adam, that's the one. Place was awesome. I want to take. Courtney up there this fall.

Vetted engine in a e24... I dig
    That's a great place for a romantic evening. We often ride our bikes from ohiopyle out the 11 mile trail, eat lunch/dinner at rivers edge, and then ride back.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinE36M3 View Post
    call me about those lights when you get a chance
    Called, but of course, as always, no answer haha

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63T View Post
    Does anyone know any auto body guys looking for some side work?

A guard rail jumped out of nowhere and hit my girlfriend's 2008 silver Corolla. Damage is on the passenger side. Paint scrapes on the rear bumper, dent and some paint missing on the 1/4.
    Dan Pochciol Auto Body has done most of our work recently. He is out near Ligonier, so that might be pretty far for you. He does pretty good work though and is dirt cheap. He fixed the bumper on our R32, got a new fender liner for it, washed the car, and charged us like $150 for everything including the $90 part. I've seen an older Alfa Romeo there before so people trust him with that, but he's just a really nice laid back guy who shorts himself on his pricing. We've had 4 cars fixed there and they all came out great for way less then half of what other quotes were. He is a small operation though and works out of his shop behind his house (he built his own house himself).

724 593 6810 is his number, worth a call IMO

Also George - I would help you out on ur welding in a heartbeat, but I don't have a welder
    Last edited by imola e36; 09-13-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Current: e24 - e28 - e34 - e36/8 - 993 - 914 - w124 - w210 - urs6 - P71 CV - t100

My Cars
    Z3M

Dan Pochciol Auto Body has done most of our work recently. He is out near Ligonier, so that might be pretty far for you. He does pretty good work though and is dirt cheap. He fixed the bumper on our R32, got a new fender liner for it, washed the car, and charged us like $150 for everything including the $90 part. I've seen an older Alfa Romeo there before so people trust him with that, but he's just a really nice laid back guy who shorts himself on his pricing. We've had 4 cars fixed there and they all came out great for way less then half of what other quotes were. He is a small operation though and works out of his shop behind his house (he built his own house himself).

Thanks a lot, I'll give him a call!

My Cars
    2.3 16v Cosworth & VW CC
    fall cruise hahaha, maybe next year... or the year after. :P

My Cars
    Give me headaches
    Quote Originally Posted by konky View Post
    fall cruise hahaha, maybe next year... or the year after. :P
    No faith?!?! I understand though, this summer has been absolute crap as far as gtg's are concerned. I think we actually had more during the winter then recently. A fall cruise will happen though, we just need to figure out what weekend works. I'm guessing sometime early October?

My Cars
    2.3 16v Cosworth & VW CC
    believe it when i see it.

My Cars
    2002 m3
    im down for a cruise, as long as there is driving and not just sitting some place all day.

My Cars
    2001 330ci, 1986 635CSi
    I don't mind driving on a cruise... however, I hate driving like I'm trying to keep up in a road race at Watkins Glen rather than a "cruise."

My car is just no fun anymore without the straight pipes. Now I can hear all of the creaking and thuds from all of the tired suspension parts. Boo to that
    1986 635CSi - 2001 330ci

My Cars
    Give me headaches
    Quote Originally Posted by konky View Post
    believe it when i see it.
    You'll have to be there to see it

Quote Originally Posted by blue46m3 View Post
    im down for a cruise, as long as there is driving and not just sitting some place all day.
    haha you must never have been on one of our fall cruises. Most of the entire day is driving. We normally start by meeting up in Monroeville (some people get together before that in there perspective area's) and then we head out the turnpike. We then get off at Donegal and then stop for fill ups and restroom breaks. From there we head out the country roads and go to Ohiopyle. Stop at the parking lot there for a little while, take some photo's, then hit the road again. The next destination is usually lunch somewhere. There's a great Cafe on the river which is about a 20 minute ride from Ohiopyle. Eat and maybe take some more pics. At this point some people go home via their own route, and then the rest of us start heading back and trying to take some different back roads on the way home. About 90% of the time is driving, the other 10% is eating while enjoying the company of fellow car enthusiasts. A lot of us who do the cruise are "drivers" so the more seat time the better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack01GC View Post
    I don't mind driving on a cruise... however, I hate driving like I'm trying to keep up in a road race at Watkins Glen rather than a "cruise."

My car is just no fun anymore without the straight pipes. Now I can hear all of the creaking and thuds from all of the tired suspension parts. Boo to that
    I think we can solve this issue Zack by maybe splitting into two groups, with everyone having a laid out plan of stops and the route. I'm sure there are other people who also don't want to "race" out the turnpike and on the back roads, and who are looking for a more leisure ride through the beautiful country side.

I know Alex, Aaron, myself and maybe others would be interested in "tearing it up" a little more and it would be good to let our cars cool down from time to time while we wait for the other group. We could also do a route to bypass the turnpike which would involve some really fun back roads heading to Donegal. Again some of us will be going fast, and I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable and feel like they need to keep up so I think two groups with a little gray area would be a good idea.

My Cars
    2.3 16v Cosworth & VW CC
    You'll have to be there to see it

So it will be You, Me and Carl then?

If, and I mean IF, it does happen... this guy is in the "slow" group

My Cars
    Give me headaches
    New Thread

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1714205

sad we didn't have one meet during the 971 posts of this thread.

My Cars
    97 arctic silver M3
    That's a great place for a romantic evening. We often ride our bikes from ohiopyle out the 11 mile trail, eat lunch/dinner at rivers edge, and then ride back.

Called, but of course, as always, no answer haha

Also George - I would help you out on ur welding in a heartbeat, but I don't have a welder
    I might have to save this number on my phone. I've been looking for a bodywork guy for a long time. I thought I found one over the winter with my last car, but the work he did when it was cold developed a massive crack in the paint when it started getting warmer out.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Dinan M5
    If you guys haven't looked up the info about Timmayfest next month you should do so.....

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ght=Timmayfest

There is a Pittsburgh Caravan that is meeting up in washington. Check it out.

My Cars
    e36
    So I was up in Pittsburgh running the marathon the other day, and there was this extremely clean red 2002 somewhere in the east side, in front of a shop that I ran by.

Anyone know about it/got more pics?

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839