Thread: Updating Daten files? Which ones to copy?

My Cars
    some

Updating Daten files? Which ones to copy?

i just downloaded the v41 daten files, but for each model there are other folders as well, do you need to copy any of these files to update the daten for NCS? I just dont want to spend time copying files for nothing.

the other folders are:
    cfgdat
    data
    ecu
    format
    hmmData
    sgdat
    work

also there are folders for:
    SGBDData-F001, F010, F025, K001

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Ncs

Copy the contents of SP-daten-E## to the corresponding daten/E## folder in NCS Expert. Overwrite any files it asks about. Thanks TerraPhantm for this information and i wanted to pass it along so my buddy Kris can do the same.

Regards
    Mark
    Last edited by se93; 06-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    The F-series files are useless for the software we currently have. To update the daten files, copy the files from SP-daten-E##\daten to the C:\NCSEXPER\E##\DATEN (where E## is whatever chassis you're updating). You will also want to copy the files from SP-daten-E##\SGDAT to C:\NCSEXPER\SGDAT (they're not separated into different chassis in NCS Expert, so you just want to copy and paste everything to that directory. Overwrite everything it asks about). The last step to fully updating the install is copying the files from SP-daten-E##\ECU to C:\EDIABAS\ECU

My Cars
    E39 530i, E91 318i
    Do you need v41 daten files for cars like the E39 & E46?

Or are the files included with Ediabas 6.4.7 / INPA 5.0.2 / NCS 3.08 sufficient?

Thanks for the clear instructions TerraPhantm.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg View Post
    Do you need v41 daten files for cars like the E39 & E46?

Or are the files included with Ediabas 6.4.7 / INPA 5.0.2 / NCS 3.08 sufficient?

Thanks for the clear instructions TerraPhantm.
    Probably dont need to update the e39 files, but the e46 files need to be updated if you want to work with 2005 or newer cars. It doesn't necessarily need to be from v41, but if you have them you may as well use them.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    I have friends with models ranging from 2000 to new F series... I know SP-Daten isnt any good for F series cars. How do i update the DATEN files to 48.1 correctly for the ediabas ecu folder? I have copied all the files from each SP-daten-E##\daten to the C:\NCSEXPER\E##\DATEN and also did the same for the SGDAT folder. If i want to update the Ecu folder for ediabas, which ediabas do i update given i have 6.4.3, 6.4.7 and 7.2? I would like to have this setup so i can connect to all E chassis models...

My Cars
    2013 BMW X5
    Thanks for the info!

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    BMW coding tool will do all the work for you. Just tell it where your ediabas, NFS, and NCS Expert folders are, and load in the Daten for each chassis. It does all the work, verifying that only newer files are copied over. Pm me if you want links.

My Cars
    E90, e36/7, e46m3, e53
    Im working with a 2011 328ix. We are replacing the EKPS3 module with a new one. I am getting the NCS Expert error that the FA has an error #0311. Based on research i need to update the DATEN files for the e89 chassis as this car is newer and the NCS is 3.0.

The question, once i go to my NCSExpert folder, i see DATEN folder, and SGDAT etc. But i do not see a SP-DATEN folder. Am i missing something? Or is the DATEN folder the same as SP-DATEN?

I ask because i keep seeing a reference to sp-daten files.

My hope is to do like TerraPhantom and copy the e89 files to the DATEN, SGDAT, and ECU folder in EDIBIAS. Can anyone confirm or deny if Im in the right direction? Thanks much
    Last edited by pokermonwsu; 04-04-2018 at 12:33 PM.

My Cars
    2009 M6 , 2009 328i

ncs expert files

Hello Sir. I know this is an older post but could you also send me a link for updated files for ncs. Youncan send it directly to my email.
    Lukefl89@gmail.com
    Thank you !