Thread: WTB: E34 Touring Dual Sunroof Complete

My Cars
    95 525TDS, 94 525iT

WTB: E34 Touring Dual Sunroof Complete

Hey guys

I need a sunroof for my touring project, I've searched long and hard here in Australia and just can't find one in good condition for sale.

Please let me know if there's anyone out there that has a sunroof in perfect working order, paint condition can be bad as it will be resprayed. All motors, slides, etc, must be in good condition though.

Obviously I'm looking for someone who won't mind organising international seafreight for me as well, and am willing to pay a premium for your time.

Thanks

Aden

My Cars
    1994 BMW 530i Touring
    whats wrong with the one you have?.... if would probably be better the replace the things instead of buying a new one.....i have been tinkering with my moonroof so i can probably tell you what is wrong with yours?

My Cars
    95 525TDS, 94 525iT
    Mine is in pretty bad shape, all the drive wires and guide tubes have rusted, and after getting a look inside, it is full of muck like dirt and water, etc. On the RH side it seems that most of the plastic pieces are broken.

I can get new parts from BMW, but am unsure if it's worth repairing if I can get a good condition second-hand one instead.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 530i Touring
    how did the guide wires rust out... shit you must of had one hell of a leak...and no pieces in there are plastic besides the ends of the guide wires... they i hardend something ..why the break so easy... idk you should probably write down the list of parts you need and look at the price from bmw... because the chances of finding a touring moonroof in good shape is like 0... and the shipping alone will cost you so much it wont be worth it..... i know the guide wires are like 40 bucks ea.... the only thing else that SHOULD be replace by a new bmw part is the Actuation units they are like 40 ea
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...78&hg=54&fg=05
    Actuation unit left-54128120679
    Actuation unit right- 54128120680
    drive cable left-54128120673
    drive cable right-54128120674
    SLIDING PIECE ( number 13 in the picture ) -54128120591 ($9.00)

all the other pieces seem to be unnecessary....if #19 in the picture is broken too those are easy junkyard find for me the sliding piece is another reussable piece but other then that the other stuff should be bought new

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I know prices are higher in Oz but have you investigated what shipping costs would be? This would need to be crated as well.
    I once investigated shipping a large item to Oz for another member, it was an exercise in futility.
    For what it will cost to crate, ship and do export docs you could likely BUY a poor condition car.
    Sorry to rain on your parade but thems the facts.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    95 525TDS, 94 525iT
    To buy all new -parts- (can't get a complete cassette here anymore), I'd be looking at $1,500, not including paying some poor sod to install it all.

Tourings are very hard to find here in junk yards, I've been looking for nearly a year now.

This is my last option! Haha.

My Cars
    95 525TDS, 94 525iT
    To buy all new -parts- (can't get a complete cassette here anymore), I'd be looking at $1,500, not including paying some poor sod to install it all.

Tourings are very hard to find here in junk yards, I've been looking for nearly a year now.

This is my last option! Haha.