Thread: Before You Pulled The Trigger On The F10 What Else Did You Cross Shop?

My Cars
    2009 Acura TL

Before You Pulled The Trigger On The F10 What Else Did You Cross Shop?

And what were the deciding factors that led to your decision to purchase/lease the F10?

I'm pretty sure most here would have considered the E350 and the A6 (but not the soon-to-be-released 2012 A6) but were cars like the XF, CTS or the Infiniti M contenders?

No one just reflexively drops close to $60k on a car without some serious consideration of possible alternatives.

As I'm in that position right now I'd be most interested to hear what led you to the F10.

TIA.

meteck is offline Houston CCA Houston 7ers BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL, 2011 528
    As a BMW owner, I really didn't seriously consider any other car. I mean the CTS-V makes my mouth water, but seriously at $4 per gallon, that gas guzzler won't make the trip, plus the CTS is just too small. Nothing else handles like a BMW and the Audi is ugly IMHO. There was really no decision.

Totally stock 97 740iL except for SatRad

My Cars
    2011 535i
    Acura TL. Was a quick decision.

My Cars
    2011 Dark Graphite 535i
    Test drove the E350, hated the way it handled.
    A6 was more comparable, but just a few steps behind in every catagory including asthetics. Also, the price difference is no longer significant for a similarly equipped car.
    Inifniti M was briefly in the discussion, but really not a fan of the handling and looks.

The XF was actually the closest any car came to stealing me away, especially since it was better equipped at the same price (base price is higher, but when you start adding anything, Jag is actually cheaper), has a significantly more powerful engine (385 bhp and plenty of torque), and a really nice quality interior. I also really liked the Aston Martin-like back of the car. The handling, inferior fuel economy, bad prior experience with Jag reliability (under old management, but still annoyed) and the overall styling are really what turned me away in the end. Also, it has this gimmicky shift-dial thing that rises up from the center arm-rest every time you start the car. One more thing to go wrong.

Also, to be honest, I think I still carry over a lot of the BMW halo effect from my very first beautiful 3-series... I'm getting nostalgic just writing this.

Extremely happy with the car overall, but look at some of the problem posts about low speed jerkiness, etc.

My Cars
    2011 Dark Graphite 535i
    Haha... sorry, I just realized I gave you basically the same info in two different posts!