Thread: So I hit a deer the other day, also wrapped my lower steering wheel trim.

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord

So I hit a deer the other day, also wrapped my lower steering wheel trim.

INB4PIcsOrITdiDNThaPPen!!!!

Das damage as of so far is estimated at $2,781.69 but will go up in sure because the deer went under the car and did something to my steering. Waiting for the adjuster to call now.

and the trim . I wrapped my A and C pillars and decided to do the trim piece also. Its Micro suede.

That's the 411 so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by softwarehawk View Post
    Does anyone know how the keyless ignition is meant to operate? The current system could be very dangerous if someone drove to an unsafe area, and then could not start the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwarden5 View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayzracer View Post
    The poors might get him...

My Cars
    E92 325ci
    Sorry to hear that. I bet the car must have done a little jump when Rudolph was goin under cause reindeers are big. Hope everything works out ok and you can get your e46 back to proper shape.

Micro suede looks very very nice!
    Last edited by DAES; 05-30-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Sahara Beige 323i 5MT, Bilstein struts, Carbon Fiber BMW Performance Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber DINAN Cold Air Intake, BMW BBS Style 124 staggered 18" rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40 & 255/35, Front plate delete, Debadge, LED Eagle Eye Tailights, BMW Clear corners, BMW rear License Plate PDC sensors

Monaco Blue 318i Auto, Bilstein struts, BMW front grills and finisher trims of 335i, BMW Style 366 staggered 19" rims, No runflats just M mobility kit, BMW M dead pedal, Front plate delete, Debadge, AC Schnitzer replica rear trunk spoiler, BMW OEM accesories:Umbrella, Rubber floor mats, Trunk Bag Hook, 1st aid kit, Tire preasure gauge, Oil storage bag, Tire tote spare wheel for trips

My Cars
    '08 600RR & '07 E90 328i
    You're lucky, could have been a lot worse.

This is the result of another vehicle not paying any attention hitting a deer at 70mph, the deer ricocheted off the other vehicle and slammed into me.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.c app

BMWMOFO C6mpact EC Saloon 20110305

My Cars
    E92 325ci
    Now thats a post right there! I feel like Im living the whole experience killing reindeers and sh!t hahaha. Nice pics and awful hit you took there.
    Sahara Beige 323i 5MT, Bilstein struts, Carbon Fiber BMW Performance Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber DINAN Cold Air Intake, BMW BBS Style 124 staggered 18" rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40 & 255/35, Front plate delete, Debadge, LED Eagle Eye Tailights, BMW Clear corners, BMW rear License Plate PDC sensors

Monaco Blue 318i Auto, Bilstein struts, BMW front grills and finisher trims of 335i, BMW Style 366 staggered 19" rims, No runflats just M mobility kit, BMW M dead pedal, Front plate delete, Debadge, AC Schnitzer replica rear trunk spoiler, BMW OEM accesories:Umbrella, Rubber floor mats, Trunk Bag Hook, 1st aid kit, Tire preasure gauge, Oil storage bag, Tire tote spare wheel for trips

My Cars
    '08 600RR & '07 E90 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by DAES
    Now thats a post right there! I feel like Im living the whole experience killing reindeers and sh!t hahaha. Nice pics and awful hit you took there.
    Ahaha! I just got her back last Tuesday. Incident was on a late chilly May 2nd night. Got a new bumper out of it and no more rock chips!

Sorry WhiteXi, didn't mean to thread jack you.

BMWMOFO C6mpact EC Saloon 20110305

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    NY is riddled with dumb deer with deathwishes. Every other time I go up there, I just miss hitting a deer
    Sorry to hear about the car, glad you're alright. Also, that steering trim looks schmexy
    Now they dropping and yelling, it's a tad too late, Nate K and Rayzah Blade had to regulate.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even thank her." ~W.C. Fields
    Two tone leather boots, CF B&R emblems, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED sidemarkers, CF interior layout, Suwoo highbeam bowls
    Rooted Droid2 running stock overclocked to 600 MHz

My Cars
    2002 325xi, 96 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyiTsGee View Post

This is the result of another vehicle not paying any attention hitting a deer at 70mph, the deer ricocheted off the other vehicle and slammed into me.

Been busy lately but didn't forget about the thread

Yea thats a ruff hit lol, no worries on the thread jack either

As for the car I got an appraisal from my bank. They use NADA and since they check its worth before I can buy it I figured if the insurance was gonna believe anyone's price it would be better to give them one from my bank. They priced the car at clean retail at 9k which is much higher than KBB.

Also thanks for the positive comments on the trim piece. I like it much better than the regular stock look
    Last edited by WHITEXi; 05-31-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by softwarehawk View Post
    Does anyone know how the keyless ignition is meant to operate? The current system could be very dangerous if someone drove to an unsafe area, and then could not start the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwarden5 View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayzracer View Post
    The poors might get him...

My Cars
    E46, F350
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyiTsGee View Post

Haha wow that is one mangled deer, got some nice bumper chunks lodged in it! USAF ftw

Here is my one and only kill, I'm just glad I had the bimmer apart in the garage that weekend..

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    I am sorry to hear this! Just happened to me too... He slid right under and we drove over him...

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...7#post29896027