Thread: You Think The F10 Looks Better In Darker Or Lighter Colors?....

My Cars
    2009 Acura TL

You Think The F10 Looks Better In Darker Or Lighter Colors?....

....Like most of us (I suspect) I've always liked to look of black cars but the downside has always been (1) trying to keep them clean and (2) when you inevitably get a door ding (hey, I live in NYC ) on a black car it stands out like a disco ball. Beyond this, however, I have always prefered the look of a black car over almost anything else.

On the F10 I'm not so sure. I think the lighter colors really show it off to its maximum benefit. It's a large, muscular car that has lots of character lines. Many of its subtler character lines seem to get kind of lost in black or dark blue. It really shines in a light silver or champagne color (I'm not sure what the official BMW designations are for these colors). As an added benefit they don't look as awful when they're dirty and when we all get that (seemingly inevitable) door ding, it won't be so obvious.

What do you guys prefer on the F10

My Cars
    2011 BMW 528i
    I think the F10 looks better in a lighter color. I have also noticed how the lighter colors really show off all the F10 body features.

My Cars
    2011 Dark Graphite 535i
    I know what you mean about how the sweet lines are brought out with the lighter colors, but I can't get over how strong the dark, metallic colors look on the larger BMW's. I went with Metallic Dark Graphite I to try to strike a balance between seeing the lines, not showing dirt flecks (I think it actually hides the dirt amazingly well, actually), and still keeping that nice mystique/power. Just my opinion. Take a look at the dark graphite in person, it's not done justice in pictures!

asbolutely lighter colours.. for ex: milano beige

meteck is offline Houston CCA Houston 7ers BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL, 2011 528
    I kinda bounce around. I like the looks of the graphite, but I bought Cashmere Silver due to the hot weather here and the way it doesn't show dirt. Look at my sig and you know what I drive on. The Boston Green was always dirty after 15 min. Now that I have the silver, I really like the way it glistens, not to mention silver is German racing color.

Totally stock 97 740iL except for SatRad

My Cars
    BMW 520D 2011
    I have seen F10 in both lighter and dark colors side by side, as my wife works as a designer and has a wide knowledge about colors, it is very important for me to hear what she suggested me about colors choice, she comment me that in many cases the manufacturers design a specific color for a determined design item, as in the F10 ( this is not just a car, it is an art object ), so her opinion is that the color used in all official videos of BMW 5-series is the perfect color for this car, because it simply enhances all the best of this vehicle, in order to be accurate I should mention that I am waiting for my BMW and it will be an ALPIN-WHITE :-)

My Cars
    2004 M3
    I see many f10's everyday, alpine white is for sure still my favorite color on a bmw. Especially the f10's. They really look great.

My Cars
    2013 VW Jetta Hybrid
    I think the F10 looks great in dark or light colors, but I agree with the last couple posts, alpine white is fantastic on this model!

My Cars
    1995 540i/6
    Alpine white with the M-package looks amazing

My Cars
    1997 M3/4, 2004 X5 4.4i
    Parents just took delivery of a carbon 550 with M sport package (blacked out trim). It's one of the best looking cars BMW has ever made IMO.
    Aaron

My Cars
    2011 550i, 2000 M Rdstr
    Darker, most any dark color looks great, but a pain to keep clean.

My Cars
    Alpine White 2008 M5
    Dark colors really bring the cars' potential. I will surely go for the darker colors when I take ownership of the next BMW - Exception (The Vision)!

2008 Alpine White, Portland Brown ///M5 (SMG)
    2008 Alpine White, Fox Red ///M3 (6MT)
    2008 Sapphire Black, Black 750Li

2010 Alpine White, GT550i

My Cars
    2011 BMW 528i
    I have not seen a better looking color than Space Gray Metallic. Typically I like silver for showing less road dust, but the SGM does really well too and is a medium color. A beautiful car. I also like the lighter interior for keeping the car cool down here in the hot southeast.