Thread: Starting problems

My Cars
    '96 BMW Z3

Starting problems

Wondered if anyone has experienced this. This has happened on a weekly basis, I will go to start my car and nothing. The display comes on but no turning over, no clicking. I'll try several times and still nothing. Then I'll wait a few minutes or go come back to it and it fires up. Battery has been replaced.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there an immobilizer that I'm not aware of?

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    I would start by checking the battery connections. Make sure they are clean and securely attached.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 MC, 2000 540it
    There is a switch at the clutch pedal that has to be activated to start the car.
    I sometimes don't get the clutch in far enough to activate it.

My Cars
    '96 BMW Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrothers View Post
    There is a switch at the clutch pedal that has to be activated to start the car.
    I sometimes don't get the clutch in far enough to activate it.
    Thanks. I had read about the clutch switch. So when the no-start happens, I will go out of my way to really press down on the clutch. Very strange and unpredictable.