Thread: Coupe Rear Quarter Panel Window Replacement Motor. DIY Needed

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i

Coupe Rear Quarter Panel Window Replacement Motor. DIY Needed

I have searched and searched for this. Dane came up with a couple of DIY but unfortunately they were for the adjustment of the windows not the actual motor replacements.

Does anyone have a good source for a DIY or if you have a Bentley Manual can you tell me if there is a section in there for the Coupe Window Motor Replacement since mine is loaned out at the moment.

Thanks
    Phil

My Cars
    320ciE46,325iE92,520dE61
    sorry I canŽt help but it would be a good 1 to know as mine are quite noisy and maybe IŽll need to do this soon (I hope not!!!)

My Cars
    2005 325i Silbergrau 5sp
    Hi, Phil, yes there is a section on 2-door window alignment in the Bentley. There is also a "close with door shut" feature explanation, as well as a motor replacement page or 2.

"you vill haf goose pimples" Meyle HD CABS, sock mod, and new hoses, pulleys, belts and water pump.
    Weisslicht LED AEs from JleviSW that came in a Khoalty-looking box.

My Cars
    320ciE46,325iE92,520dE61
    Oli mate I think the OP was asking about the rear window motors not alignment

My Cars
    2005 325i Silbergrau 5sp
    Right Tymm, I told him the different sections present in the Bentley manual, specifically addressing the 2 door model.
    Last edited by Oli77; 05-26-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo

"you vill haf goose pimples" Meyle HD CABS, sock mod, and new hoses, pulleys, belts and water pump.

My Cars
    2005 325i Silbergrau 5sp
    My bad, sorry, OP did not see the rear quarter panel (not door) in the title. So there is a window that goes up and down in the rear quarter panel on a 2 door coupe?
    I'll look in my Bentley again tonight..

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    It "pops" out the window on the Coupe, the verts drop into the body. I know that you have to remove the plastic covering that is at the top of the side bolster in the rear seat to get access to the motor. I haven't need to replace mine, just took it off for the tinting of my rear window and saw the motor in there.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy
    It "pops" out the window on the Coupe, the verts drop into the body. I know that you have to remove the plastic covering that is at the top of the side bolster in the rear seat to get access to the motor. I haven't need to replace mine, just took it off for the tinting of my rear window and saw the motor in there.
    This is that I am nor sure of how to so take the plastic off on the backseat to get to the motor I know there Is a little pin at the top but that's it